Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

question about death and inheritance

If a sim dies and has no heirs, what happens to their house and all the furniture?
Screenshot-5.jpg

Comments

• Options
    honeyhoney8honeyhoney8 Posts: 2,192 Member
    edited June 2012
    jaletu2005 wrote:
    If a sim dies and has no heirs, what happens to their house and all the furniture?

If anyone else at all was living with them, they get the stuff automatically. It just becomes theirs.

But if they live alone in the house, I really don't know. It's never happened to me thus.

I'm assuming the game would end, or you'd be sent back to 'game setup' as if starting a new profile, because there's nobody there to play anymore. Hmm... I wonder. :?:

Edit:

If it did send you back to 'game setup', I have no reason to think the house wouldn't still be there, just uninhabited. And you can save it from this point just as you can with an active household. That means you could save, and come back later to place a new sim in that house. As long as you don't delete that profile.
  • Options
    jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 688 Member
    edited June 2012
    Thanks for answering so fast. Guess I need to move someone in with him. I don't want to lose the house and all my decorating.
    Screenshot-5.jpg
  • Options
    honeyhoney8honeyhoney8 Posts: 2,192 Member
    edited June 2012
    No prob, I just happend to have thought about this when I first started playing this game. So I already had some thoughts on it. :-)