Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Computer Restarting After an Hour of Playing!!

Ok, well everytime I play Sims, my computer restarts after about an hour of playing. It doesn't crash, just restarts. Idk if something in my computer burned out or what, but I can't find any help useful anywhere. I've looked all over Google and still nothing.

BTW, I used to have Twallan's mods, but I deleted them, just saying in case this might be why, but I doubt it. Can it be b/c I have too many expansions installed? I have all of them... And ever since Pets, 3 speed for Sims doesn't work anymore. It goes VERY slow.

I really don't know why this is happening... Just please help me someone.

Comments

• Options
    NathanNowellNathanNowell Posts: 933 Member
    edited June 2012
    BUMP
  • Options
    bob007bob007 Posts: 10,062 Member
    edited June 2012
    Really need to know about your computer. Please post you computer's dxdiag.
    I do not work for EA nor do I have any association with EA. I am a gamer helping other gamers.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    K well it's a Sony Vaio with Windows 7 and Service Pack 1.

Processor is Pentium(R) Dual Cord CPU E5400 @ 2.70GHz.

Installed Memory(RAM) 4.00GB (3.81GB usable)

System Type: 64 bit operating system.

Idrk if that's what you need. But I also have 168 GB left out of 290 GB

And BTW, I really only remembering this happening around March. I'm able to play Sims longer when the internet is not connected to Sims, or when the computer has been off for a while. I REALLLYYYY NEED help though please tell me what to do.

• Options
    HaidenHaiden Posts: 3,841 Member
    edited June 2012
    Sound like the pc is overheating. Or the graphics card is being pushed to hard. The pc will shut down to prevent damage to itself due to overheating.

Just google "sony viao laptops overheating", I do recall there was a known problem with some of there never laptops overheating......other than that buy yourself a cooling pad and see if it helps any

:)
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    K thanks so much.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Nah I can't find anything... And this isn't a laptop BTW it's an all in one desktop thing.... I looked online to see if I can take the dust out from the inside but I didn't find anything useful really. the model is a VGC-JS410F.

I'm pretty sure the computer gets overheated when playing Sims 3, cuz one day I played for like 15 hours straight. It must've messed it up.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    BUMP.. Can anyone else help?
  • Options
    Phil51660Phil51660 Posts: 288
    edited June 2012
    You don't say what your video is. I guessing it may be marginal. Try to set the VSYNC setting in the video card control panel to Always On and try to cut back on some of the graphics settings in the Sims 3 Options.
  • Options
    martys15martys15 Posts: 7,790 New Member
    edited June 2012
    I once had a similar problem.

Clear your computer of dust (windmills). I recommend change the parameters of the game. :P

What is your graphics card?
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    How do I check to see which graphics card I have?
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Your all-in-one is like a laptop. Yours has a Mobile Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator X4500HD chipset video chip and TS3 doesn't play well on it. Some all-in-ones have expansions slots but I don't see any in the specs for your computer. It has a 150W power supply which would make upgrading very hard anyway. If you plan on playing 3d graphical games I suggest you should start looking for a gaming computer as your all-in-one is no longer produced and is not upgradable. It's potential to play TS3 and future games is very limited.
    I do not work for EA nor do I have any association with EA. I am a gamer helping other gamers.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    *****7 wrote:
    Your all-in-one is like a laptop. Yours has a Mobile Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator X4500HD chipset video chip and TS3 doesn't play well on it. Some all-in-ones have expansions slots but I don't see any in the specs for your computer. It has a 150W power supply which would make upgrading very hard anyway. If you plan on playing 3d graphical games I suggest you should start looking for a gaming computer as your all-in-one is no longer produced and is not upgradable. It's potential to play TS3 and future games is very limited.

But it's been working 100% fine when I first got it. Why would it do this all of a sudden?
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    That is the problem when you have unsupported hardware. I may work but you take the chance it may suddenly stop working at any time for any reason. That's just the way pc gaming is.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    *****7 wrote:
    That is the problem when you have unsupported hardware. I may work but you chance the chance it may suddenly stop working at any time for any reason. That's just the way pc gaming is.

How is it unsupported?
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    It is well known in the computer gaming world Intel integrated graphics is not gamer friendly. While it may be ok for the base game as you add packs the weaknesses start to show. Intel is known to supply very stable video drivers but they may not be gamer friendly. And don't hold your breath for an update.

I did find this - http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/355734-33-upgrade-video-card-sony-js410f

Your all-in-one is no longer a current product. The cpu is an 2009 model that has 2 cores with no turbo boost and no hyper-threading. Your computer has a 150W power brick (just like a laptop). Your computer uses ddr2 memory. And your computer is not upgradable. Wait, I'm still looking for something good about it. I'm not trying to be rude but if I missed something please point it out to me.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    *****7 wrote:
    It is well known in the computer gaming world Intel integrated graphics is not gamer friendly. While it may be ok for the base game as you add packs the weaknesses start to show. Intel is known to supply very stable video drivers but they may not be gamer friendly. And don't hold your breath for an update.

I did find this - http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/355734-33-upgrade-video-card-sony-js410f

Your all-in-one is no longer a current product. The cpu is an 2009 model that has 2 cores with no turbo boost and no hyper-threading. Your computer has a 150W power brick (just like a laptop). Your computer uses ddr2 memory. And your computer is not upgradable. Wait, I'm still looking for something good about it. I'm not trying to be rude but if I missed something please point it out to me.

Ok well thanks for your help. I don't think the video card is the problem though, I think I might have burned something out for playing Sims too much. After Showtime came out Sims 3 was really the only thing on, and it was on for pretty much the whole day. I think that caused the computer to mess up b/c I never gave it a rest.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Your computer uses an out dated chipset. In the current I series Intel processors the integrated video has been moved to the cpu chip and is no longer part of the north bridge of the chipset. Also the memory controller is moved onto the cpu. I'm guessing that with the changes (improvements?) in the north bridge's duties this pretty much makes the chipset in your computer legacy. And the GMA X4500HD graphics chip is legacy with the chipset. I don't see Intel releasing any major driver improvements unless there is a major problem and don't hold your breath. Today Intel calls the graphics integrated into the I series Intel HD Graphics and there are different flavors depending if you get an I3, I5, or I7 cpu. I feel this is miss leading to the consumer in that you don't know which version you get until you find out it doesn't play graphical games well. None of the Intel integrated graphics chips are very powerful and should be considered very entry level into the graphical gaming world. As there is no upgrade path for your computer I'm just trying to point out the disadvantages of integrated graphics. I'm not going to delve into the complexities of the graphics processing unit and start comparing capabilities for an outdated Intel graphics processor as it would accomplish nothing as the technology has already been superseded. These are my opinions and my opinions only.

Good luck and take care.