Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which is the best world to use for showtime??

thank you :D

Comments

• jojodelpierojojodelpiero Posts: 777 New Member
    edited June 2012
    Well, Starlight Shores, I suppose.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited June 2012
    Starlight Shores, the one that came with Showtime, is not bad out of the box, to get you used to the game and how it works. If you want to go beyond Starlight Shores, you could check this list of Showtime compatible worlds from the Create A World folks:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/533808.page#8377724

Or, you can add the Showtime lots to any of your existing worlds; you just need to make sure to have one of each type so your Sim can advance.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • pringtjoepringtjoe Posts: 496 New Member
    edited June 2012
    thanks alot i will do that once it has downloaded :D
  • Chelseadude182Chelseadude182 Posts: 943 Member
    edited June 2012
    I would like to say Late night. Because it involves bars and clubs and in my opinion it is an amazing map :D
  • Zachemc2Zachemc2 Posts: 1,817 New Member
    edited June 2012
    A modified version of Riverview.
  • RawrGoesTheCatRawrGoesTheCat Posts: 1,947 Member
    edited June 2012
    Starlight Shores or Bridgeport. :mrgreen:
  • AnglePlay300AnglePlay300 Posts: 3,969 Member
    edited June 2012
    Starlight Shores or a showtime compatible world from the exchange.
  • angldiorangldior Posts: 4,379 Member
    edited June 2012
    I'm using hidden springs and everything fits there.
  • stormwenchstormwench Posts: 4,416 New Member
    edited June 2012
    I would have to say Starlight Shores is the best as its built around all the venues and everything is set up for all the new game play.

Moving into any other world is going to cost you a lot of time as you have to make room for all the venues and this would require, especially in Bridgeport, finding existing clubs that you can change to ST venues and not mess up what they already do and you will have to remove some lots to fit in the venues.

Without at least one of each venue, park, coffeehouse, live, private and big your ST careers will not work and neither will simport tours when you accept someone else's sim to come play at a venue you don't have and then you can't get stamps for those performance and it will cancel the other persons tours.

I have also found if you are in other worlds and don't have all the needed things that Starlight has some of your opportunities will not work correctly.

Once you get the hang of what all you need in another world you can always set up a different world and move your sims but Starlight is the world built for ST and its a great world to play in.
  • SnapdragonSnapdragon Posts: 955 Member
    edited June 2012
    stormwench wrote:
    (...)

Without at least one of each venue, park, coffeehouse, live, private and big your ST careers will not work (...)
    Well, this is not really true. You can reach level 10 of each Showtime career with no Showtime lots at all, just by performing for tips. Of course, you can't have stage shows then. But even for this just one venue will be enough. My acrobat is level 10 now and I've only added a coffeehouse when he reached level 7 or 8 because I wanted him to use his props. My magician in the same world is now level 5 and he has only seen a stage as a member of the audience so far..
  • DocsprockDocsprock Posts: 3,869 Member
    edited June 2012
    Ive been using Narvik: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4568999

Its a rather large Late Nite city with many large, empty lots to easily add Showtime venues.

Totally CC free. ;)