Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Petition to let Sims travel to different towns

sims3rulezsims3rulez Posts: 47 New Member
Hi fellow Simmers :D.

Ever notice that if you decide to play a family that lives in Sunset Valley, they can't go clubbing because there's no clubs, and you can't place clubs in Sunset Valley without ruining the beautiful town? Same goes for any other town except the one that has the clubs already built in....Ever notice that kind of sucks? K so this is a petition to enable our sims to travel to different towns in the Sims world, this way your sims' activities is not limited to the town they live in. All you have to do is type something like "agreed" in this fourm, and hopefully EA will listen. Thanks in advanced! :mrgreen:

Comments

• ZeriZeri Posts: 15,073 Member
    edited June 2012
    but you can place clubs in any town. you can also build your own to fit the 'theme'
    plus you can move your family to other towns. and i beleive nraas has a mod that allows going to other towns, but im not sure
  • ladybarefeetladybarefeet Posts: 35 Member
    edited June 2013
    I am with you. I am new to this game and I cant figure out how there is longevity in having your sims living in a little town like Sunset Valley forever. There are not that many lots to expand to, they're hard to place, most of the terrain is hills and no roads to it, its just very hard to build in. I downloaded something called Create A World that's offered by EA but its going take forever to learn to use it.

I just heard the term MODS for the first time in relation to SIMS. My experience with those in the past is that when theres a game update, your town might be broken due to the mod... nevertheless, I am going to try to learn to download mods and see if we can travel that way.

Sunset Valley is nice but, I bought these expansion packs and well... now I don't really know how to access the content of the packs. I was thinking of buying Dragon Valley, but whats the use if MY Sims cant visit that land... ya know? I'd have to start new Sims and that's a hassle. Blah...

I have so much to learn.
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited June 2013
    They have made it easier to move to another town with Island Paradise, and I appreciate that they did this, but I still wish sims could visit other towns (like how we visit the uni and WA worlds).

All they need to do is make it so you can 'visit' any world you have installed. The mechanics are there. If it's not possible, hopefully a guru might explain to us why.
  • murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited June 2013
    They have made it easier to move to another town with Island Paradise.

HOW? :shock:
  • georgeopolisgeorgeopolis Posts: 475 Member
    edited June 2013
    murfeel wrote:

You pay 20,000§,then you get to choose the town you want to travel to and voila(that's how I imagine it works, never tried though). It comes with the new patch, just go on the phone.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,859 Member
    edited June 2013
    Moving is nice but as Cinderellimouse said it's not the same as just visiting. I so want to make Lucky Palms more into the Vegas strip, but I don't want my sims to live there. Just visit. I had plans to remodel the world but I'm holding off because we don't have the visiting capability yet.

Or then, there's the Traveler mod. Which I will probably install after I get IP, along with some other mods.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
    edited June 2013
    murfeel wrote:

You pay 20,000§,then you get to choose the town you want to travel to and voila(that's how I imagine it works, never tried though). It comes with the new patch, just go on the phone.

:shock:
    NO FLIPPIN WAY!!!

Someone who's tried this, PLEASE tell me exactly how this works!
    (I can't patch my game till all the mods I need are updated--and there's a good 1GB worth I'm waiting for, so.... :XD: )

So sims can just call on the phone and move to whatever worlds we have installed? They don't loose their occult state/abilitie, wishes, inventory items, memories, arm and a leg or anything like that?
  • mikitta47mikitta47 Posts: 2,250 New Member
    edited June 2013
    When they put in World Adventures, they should have made it possible to visit ANY town you have installed - premium, custom or EP related. The frame work is there with very little work on their part. We should NOT have to rely on mods for it.

As for placing clubs or what not ... Why should I have to? What rabbit holes should I give up? How many large residential lots should I have to lose? At what point do I make the choice between having a Bistro and including some new rabbit hole in Sunset Valley?

I agree. Open ALL worlds for visitation.

God Bless,
    mik
  • SamiKatSamiKat Posts: 3,786 Member
    edited June 2013
    Murfeel, yes flippin' way, except for one small, eensy weensy little detail that you're gonna hate: The new moving feature doesn't include the WA "subworlds". No, you cannot move to Shang Simla, etc. (Of course, there's still always MC for that.)

I haven't actually tried it yet as I'm still waiting for mod updates, too; but I do understand that you lose any relationships outside of your own household. Everything else is SUPPOSED to stay intact.

edited June 2013
    samiam662 wrote:
    Murfeel, yes flippin' way, except for one small, eensy weensy little detail that you're gonna hate: The new moving feature doesn't include the WA "subworlds". No, you cannot move to Shang Simla, etc. (Of course, there's still always MC for that.)

WHAT!? :evil:

Eeensy weensy!? :x EENSY!? :x That's BIGSY! :cry:

No Shang Simla!? NOOOOOOOOOOO~!! :cry:
    EA, what are you GOOD for!? :x
    samiam662 wrote:
    I haven't actually tried it yet as I'm still waiting for mod updates, too; but I do understand that you lose any relationships outside of your own household. Everything else is SUPPOSED to stay intact.

Figures :roll: :lol: