March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Buidling Houses that match the EA styles.

I'm making a new town called Crystal Falls which is meant to look like and official EA world with the same quality however I'm having trouble building houses that fit the sims theme. Does anyone here have any tips or ideas on how I can make Houses like the ones EA release with their neighborhoods?

Thanks!

Also, here's a sneek preview of Crystal Falls :D

CrystalFalls.png

Comments

• alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited June 2012
    I'm afraid I don't have any tips, but your landscaping is fantastic! :thumbup: Looking forward to seeing this develop. :)
  • ConorsimConorsim Posts: 5,890 Member
    edited June 2012
    Hi there :)

Sorry of this takes offence, but your world does look a lot like Sunset Valley - I don't think anyone can deny that. The colours used, the sculpting... Not that that's a bad thing, No no no!
    Saying that, it is a lovely world though :D Love that big mountain!

Anyway, yeah I get what you're saying. You could take a look at SV itself & see what sort of architecture it has? Its lots (residential) seem to a typical suburban style - although, I wouldn't exactly know as I haven't been to America to see what EA were working from when they made those lots.

I think something as simple as this would suit:
    suburban-house-photo.jpg

I mean, Sunset Valley's architecture isn't the most complex in EA's neighbourhoods. Personally, I think simple is best and certainly pulls of a realistic look. Not all houses in a town are lavish and look like they were designed by master architects, either.
    You could do a street filled with those type of homes, all with red brick, to compliment the Town Hall, or something :shock:

I dunno, that's just me. Go with what you feel is best - you're the creator. Oh! And Google Images is your friend :mrgreen: