Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just be relieved it's not Bieber!!

Look, I know not everyone is going to be happy that EA chose THIS Sims2 EP to re"vamp"! (couldn't resist) But as someone who was VERY vocal on the forums about the last 2 sugary sweet disasters EA put out, I am breathing a sigh of relief! Yes, we want Seasons, we want University, and Open for Business. We always will! Try to look at this as EA finally waking up(hopefully)to what their loyal fans really want. And I think after comparing the miserable sales figures of the Sweet Treats fiasco to those of this release, those expansions will follow.

In the meantime, just think of all the horribly destructive, humiliating things this expansion will allow us to do to the bubble-gum crap that was foisted upon us!!! I may actually by it now just to take out my frustrations by turning some Katy Perry wannabe, cupcake bra wearing barbie into stone! My werewolf could thoroughly destroy that horrid sundae couch! Sounds like fun, right? The Zombie Apocolypse of Candy Land!

So again, let's try to be patient. Let's be THANKFUL for this EP. Because admit it, weren't we all just a little worried the next EP would be Justin Bieber in Bronyland?

Comments

• FatInsaneBeautifulFatInsaneBeautiful Posts: 119
    edited June 2012
    Huzzaah!
  • DuckypantsDuckypants Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited June 2012
    Amen! I'm pretty sure I would puke if there was a Bieber expansion...
  • deltagirl1326deltagirl1326 Posts: 468 Member
    edited June 2012
    Absolutely agree. All snarkiness aside, I really want to try to *** the Seasons complaints in the bud. The Sweet Treats SP was SO narrow in scope, SO limiting in creativity, and SO focused on only one type of player that the epic amount of backlash was deserved. I truly believe that we were finally "blessed" with an EP people have been screaming for BECAUSE of the outcry over the sugary Sweets. If we, then, continue to whine and complain that we didn't get Seasons, or University, or ANYthing else, it takes away from that. I don't want EA to say,"Oh well, it doesn't matter what we do, we can't make everyone happy" and go back to the ridiculous pandering of celebrity. Right now I'm already worried that our beloved Sims is headed for a sidebar Facebook game and nothing more. The outpouring of rage over Sweet Treats was bigger than any other release. Let's keep it that way so that EA doesn't try to do this ever, EVER again.
  • lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited June 2012
    This isn't a re-vamped TS2 EP. This is a re-make of the greatest Sims 1 EP ever. Makin Magic...to even compare it to that EP in TS2 is mildly insulting.
    WznfzGr.gif
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited June 2012
    In actuallity Sweet Treats could work with Supernatural by building a Hansel and Gretel house. We'll now have witches so why not?

By the way I'm still enjoying the sweet treats sp. It's pretty good to me.
  • breville69breville69 Posts: 1,397 New Member
    edited June 2012
    Yeah!No Bieber!!! :thumbdown:
  • ameracis578ameracis578 Posts: 1,067 New Member
    edited June 2012
    breville69 wrote:
    Yeah!No Bieber!!! :thumbdown:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • OmNomNomOmBabiesOmNomNomOmBabies Posts: 681 New Member
    edited June 2012
    Don't give EA ideas...*Shiver and throws up in lunch bag*
    Whomever lunch this is...Sorry...
    edited June 2012
    This isn't a re-vamped TS2 EP. This is a re-make of the greatest Sims 1 EP ever. Makin Magic...to even compare it to that EP in TS2 is mildly insulting.

You are absolutely right! Mea culpa! I haven't played either since Sims 3. Makin Magic WAS Sims 1. Was it apartment life in Sims 2 that had witches?
  • SugarRaveSugarRave Posts: 2,552 Member
    edited June 2012
    Who else came here JUST to agree with the title? :lol:
    edited June 2012

You are absolutely right! Mea culpa! I haven't played either since Sims 3. Makin Magic WAS Sims 1. Was it apartment life in Sims 2 that had witches?

Yeah it was Apartment Life in TS2, and it was not nearly enough magic for me. I am glad we are getting a dedicated EP for it this go around. Instead of just making some mildy annoying witches and making them the random mascot of an otherwise unrelated EP.

Also to add that if they did come out with something Bieber then that may very well be the end of my long long long, relationship with the Sims. Justin Bieber is evil and not in a good way.
    WznfzGr.gif
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited June 2012
    Apartment life also had the walk in closets and hidden bookcases both of which were getting in this pack. Can't wait for the walkin closets to come back and in AL they had 2 versions one with mirrors and one without.

The one with mirrors could save you space.
  • Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited June 2012
    Justin Bieber is evil and not in a good way.

THIS x 100 :P
  • Amj1995Amj1995 Posts: 4,068 Member
    edited June 2012
    I actually wouldn't mind getting a Bieber stuff pack because it will probably have more clothes and hairstyles for guys.
  • DigstarDigstar Posts: 308 Member
    edited June 2012
    Supernatural is a brilliant leveler for the sickly sweet KPerry SP. A bit like the wolves and deer ratio scenario in the wild where things even out :lol:

As far as JB goes, both him & KPerry (sim equivalents lol) will be zombified come September :lol: A little childish I know but my I like stirring my daughters who are avid JB & KP fans :lol:
    edited June 2012
    Yeah it was Apartment Life in TS2, and it was not nearly enough magic for me. I am glad we are getting a dedicated EP for it this go around. Instead of just making some mildy annoying witches and making them the random mascot of an otherwise unrelated EP.

Also to add that if they did come out with something Bieber then that may very well be the end of my long long long, relationship with the Sims. Justin Bieber is evil and not in a good way.

Agreed. KPST was the 1st product I did not buy. If they continue to focus on the social media merging I think it might be the end for me as well. I play stand alone games to take a break and get AWAY from other people in my life! LOL! I do realize that we've raised a generation of kids who've never played console or PC games any other way than with other people. Hope EA realizes that those of us who've had a PC since 1980 aren't dead yet!
  • AliseAG8AliseAG8 Posts: 37
    edited June 2012
    SugarRave wrote:
    Who else came here JUST to agree with the title? :lol:

YEEESSS!

Anyway I am getting a bit calmer now, its 100X better than all this celebrity social interactions crap.
  • HunniHunni Posts: 50 New Member
    edited June 2012
    Don't hold your breath on the sales results for the sweet disasters. My bestie is manager of our EB games branch and Katy Perry's version of showtime has had top sales over ALL the other EP's. people buy it. sorry you don't like it
  • crystal91390crystal91390 Posts: 2,882 New Member
    edited June 2012
    I actually cannot wait for this EP, I'm not a big fan of the different life states but this looks really interesting so I'm excited for it. We still have about 3 EP's left so we'd probably get some seasons EP.
    edited June 2012
    Hunni wrote:
    Don't hold your breath on the sales results for the sweet disasters. My bestie is manager of our EB games branch and Katy Perry's version of showtime has had top sales over ALL the other EP's. people buy it. sorry you don't like it

Actually, according to global sales figures, Showtime has sold the same amount as the Town-Life stuff pack! The only products making LESS money than Showtime are the Fast Lane stuff pack, Barnicle Bay, and Sims releases for consoles. The Showtime expansion hasn't even sold HALF as much as the High End Loft stuff pack!!! Anyone who's read my posts knows I can't WAIT until the sales figures for KPST are posted!!
  • Anubis955Anubis955 Posts: 51
    edited June 2012
    Amj1995 wrote:
    I actually wouldn't mind getting a Bieber stuff pack because it will probably have more clothes and hairstyles for guys.
    that would only be clothes and hairstyles for a certain kind of guy :wink:
  • yofushiyofushi Posts: 95 New Member
    edited June 2012
    Hunni wrote:

Actually, according to global sales figures, Showtime has sold the same amount as the Town-Life stuff pack! The only products making LESS money than Showtime are the Fast Lane stuff pack, Barnicle Bay, and Sims releases for consoles. The Showtime expansion hasn't even sold HALF as much as the High End Loft stuff pack!!! Anyone who's read my posts knows I can't WAIT until the sales figures for KPST are posted!!

Is there an official site where you can view these figures? It would be interesting to see. I always thought Showtime was a bit of a joke to be honest, now I've played it I don't hate it. But it's not my first choice expansion, or second, or seventh?
    edited June 2012
    I found the figures on this site http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=The+Sims+3
    edited June 2012
    Amj1995 wrote:

Dude there are so many other ways and better celeb men they could use for a guys stuff pack. I mean they don't even need to use a celeb at all honestly. And if they did use Justin Bieber to promote a guys stuff pack. Even though I want more stuff for my sim men...I would be forced to not buy it purely on principle, that I will NOT line that guy's pockets! I loathe him that much.
    WznfzGr.gif
  • SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    edited June 2012
    Digstar wrote:
    Supernatural is a brilliant leveler for the sickly sweet KPerry SP. A bit like the wolves and deer ratio scenario in the wild where things even out :lol:

As far as JB goes, both him & KPerry (sim equivalents lol) will be zombified come September :lol: A little childish I know but my I like stirring my daughters who are avid JB & KP fans :lol:

Oh my..poor your daughters :P