Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

All files on exchange are corrupt (this problem has been fixed)

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Sherry1968Sherry1968 Posts: 2,250 New Member
    edited June 2012
    K2, I know what you mean! I have been trying to find out why people were saying it didn't work, but every thing I have used it for has been fine. I know there is a problem using it to check worlds, but otherwise I don't see the problem. Sorry you were scoffed at. *hugs*

I did notice that the exchange download I tried doubled in size, and the file name didn't appear, just the http:// extension instead.

Springfairy, I think you should wait before you delete your stuff. Everyone is in the same boat. Hopefully they will fix it soon!

• Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited June 2012
    K2, Oh noooooooo! :cry: Sorry to hear that! I feel your pain. Is there anyway to get them back? Maybe the Gurus can help? *hugs*

Springfairy, do not delete anything from your studio. I am sure the issue will be resolved soon. Hang in there! *Hugs*

I have been told that if you click on 'Add to game' button to download the lot/sim then the files download normally. Then there is no corrupt files anymore. It is only the 'Save file' button that is causing the corruption.
  • Options
    sharonxyzsharonxyz Posts: 811 Member
    edited June 2012
    Just to echo a couple thoughts expressed and give my opinion:

Leave your studio alone. Do not access the Exchange right now, either uploading or downloading. No reason to panic at this point. Just take a break.

As for the viability of Custard:

It works beautifully with every expansion and stuff pack installed.
    It has one limitation I know of: it does not seem to catch custom skin color.

Also, you cannot Custard worlds, as they are not actually Sim3Packs, but links.

As many of you are, I am very happy with Custard, as it it amazing what files can include without the knowledge of the creator. Stuff hides, it is malicious. If those who use Custard don't already, also use Dashboard; it cleans the caches of your game which can literally suck the CC you cleaned out back in, like it is in storage.

Dashboard was also created by Delphy who created Custard.

If I am in anyway in error, do inform. I hope only to help.

Sharon
  • Options
    dachshundsr4medachshundsr4me Posts: 208 Member
    edited June 2012
    They fixed it during the last maintenance.... So yay for EA
  • Options
    OhHeyLuckyOhHeyLucky Posts: 1,338 Member
    edited June 2012
    Can anyone confirm this for sure? Not saying that I don't believe you, Dach, I just want to be absolutely sure, so hearing another person or two confirming that it's fixed would make me feel better.
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    edited June 2012
    AE, I just checked and I can tell you that files that were coming up w/numbers replacing the names, and twice the file size, are now back to normal. Normal name, normal file size and no sign of corruption through Custard. :)
  • Options
    Cera13Cera13 Posts: 891 Member
    edited June 2012
    I checked my sim this evening. File size was fine, name was fine and he was clear in custard.
  • Options
    PlateinmywayPlateinmyway Posts: 1,474 New Member
    edited June 2012
    Cera13 wrote:
    I checked my sim this evening. File size was fine, name was fine and he was clear in custard.
    Same here :D
  • Options
    tabo679tabo679 Posts: 406 Member
    edited June 2012
    i downloaded serta and los anigos from the extange yesterday directily from the add to game i took them off 10-15 mins later will my game be ok because i don't know which fiels could be croupt
  • Options
    sharonxyzsharonxyz Posts: 811 Member
    edited June 2012
    Hi tabo679,

I think you will be fine, hon, the add to game button was still working and you cannot Custard worlds. Scrolling through your launcher installation tab will of often give you a clue as to how much CC you have. Los Aniegos and Setra are really good worlds, I think it's fine to reinstall them. If you have any questions, my page is not locked and I'd see it there first.

Good luck,

Sharon

sharonxyz
  • Options
    tabo679tabo679 Posts: 406 Member
    edited June 2012
    sharonxyz wrote:
    Hi tabo679,

I think you will be fine, hon, the add to game button was still working and you cannot Custard worlds. Scrolling through your launcher installation tab will of often give you a clue as to how much CC you have. Los Aniegos and Setra are really good worlds, I think it's fine to reinstall them. If you have any questions, my page is not locked and I'd see it there first.

Good luck,

Sharon

sharonxyz
    thanks i also had some store clothes but i took them off ive only got hidden springs and the generation rewards thats in my game now but thank you i can stop worrying about it now :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top