Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sweet Treats worst stuff pack ever?

Comments

• Options
    CXonor13CXonor13 Posts: 666 Member
    edited August 2013
    Lemonpawz wrote:
    This is my favorite and most used SP. I am obsessed with the cake venue and I use the candy themed items a ton on community lots and for the kids. The items are also perfect for designing an ice cream parlor or concession stands, summer festivals, stages, and parties :lol:

I just feel like a lot of stuff packs and store sets are niche, so obviously they won't appeal to everyone.Like I love the 70s pack too but a lot of people don't. I love the diesel stuff but a lot of people complain about it. Etc.

I like the Diesel stuff pack!!
    It's really modern and thats my style 8)
    But to be fair....it is lacking in objects!!
    Ci7abDw.png
  • Options
    xSpoiledxxSpoiledx Posts: 228 Member
    edited August 2013
    I love it. I'm into the fantasy of it and I've got a real sweet tooth so I think it's absolutely delectable. I love being able to wear the type of wild fashions I wouldn't dare in real life in the game too. I think this pack is really creative. And I love pink! I think this is the most underrated pack out there.
  • Options
    AmazingSims79879AmazingSims79879 Posts: 1,003 Member
    edited August 2013
    I think the SPs in general were poor quality next to the Expansion packs. There were a couple of interesting ones, but they were over priced for what they were.

Katy Perry Stuff appealed to a narrow audience. I never bought it, I guess I can see the potential to build a... trippy looking sweetshop. I like my sweet shops to be more refined. You can't make Honeydukes...
  • Options
    AmazingSims79879AmazingSims79879 Posts: 1,003 Member
    edited August 2013
    CXonor13 wrote:
    Jaypard wrote:
    Fast lane or that.

I really like the fast lane stuff :)
    Cus it's not 🐸🐸🐸🐸 like sweet treats it's classy and comes with one f my fav sofa's!!!!

I use the retro cars in Fast Lane. My vampires like them...
  • Options
    jojodelpierojojodelpiero Posts: 777 New Member
    edited September 2013
    YES.
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited September 2013
    Well I got the KPST to have all the exp & stuff packs. BUT I also think most of the clothes are horrible, I only like a few pieces.

Mainly I have to say it has excellent pieces in it for a candy store, boardwalk/water-park venue, or add to a toy-store.

For a residential home, I think only a few pieces are good for that use. For example, the candy jars & 3-tier framed pics are great for a kitchen. Actually looks like a real candy/cake/ice-cream photo (considering how low quality most items can get in game, like cruddy magazine cut-outs).

If you only go by looking at the pics on the back of the box, you will miss the few good items hidden in it that's cute for a home.
    Getting it for under $10 would be a good deal for it. :D

And if still not sure, find a site that offers pics of all in-game items so you can see for yourself!

Here's one: http://simsvip.com/game-guides/sweet-treats-game-manual/
  • Options
    sisterto2sisterto2 Posts: 84 New Member
    edited October 2013
    hey, some people might not like candy, but I think its great for singers in Showtime! and, its not all pink! There's this one that's perfect for Christmas! It's silver and red, and has chocolates!
    So, if you don't like it, fine with me, but that's not going to make me stop liking it.
  • Options
    ForeverFranconiaForeverFranconia Posts: 2,154 Member
    edited December 2013
    As a lover of all things wacky and zany in terms of clothing or hair, this is why this was the first (and so far only) SP I own. I just love how out there it is...it also why I'm planning on getting Movie Stuff later as well.
  • Options
    karenc567karenc567 Posts: 44 Member
    edited January 2015
    emz281299 wrote:
    I hate this sweet treats stuff pack its just so cheesy and pink. And I am not the only one thinking this many others agree. EA has realised this and thats why they are realeasing diesal. Whats your opinion?

Happy Simming
    From Em
    I thought it was good but I could play without it
    Post edited by karenc567 on
  • Options
    BBadictBBadict Posts: 282 Member
    edited July 2014
    Can you say "celebrity cash grab"?

Even Katy Perry doesn't do the cutesy candy theme anymore. I remember reading in an interview given by her when the pack first came out that she "was thrilled with all the furniture and she was having some of the pieces made for her actual home"

:lol::lol::lol:

Yeah, okay Katy Perry...
  • Options
    strangeseraphstrangeseraph Posts: 369 Member
    edited August 2014
    I really want this pack and can't find it anywhere, gah. I tried to buy it from kijiji and the guy selling it isn't willing to bring it into town for me to pay for it. If you aren't serious about selling it, don't advertise it for sale!
    Jenny

Doop Dee Doop
  • Options
    monia_vukmonia_vuk Posts: 121 Member
    All I can rememeber clearly from that stuff pack is a cupcake bra. I think.
  • Options
    SimsAddiction968SimsAddiction968 Posts: 1,218 Member
    I found:
    http://www.amazon.com/The-Sims-Perry-Sweet-Treats-PCMac/dp/B007NUQICE

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/the-sims-3-katy-perrys-sweet-treats/100458

I'm a big KP fan and have had so much fun using items for teen girls bedrooms. My youngest daughter LOVES this pack.
    HI! My name is SimsAddiction968
    I discovered Sims 1 summer 2001 when my youngest was 1 yr old.
    I bought all Eps & Sps for Sims 2 as they were released.
    I even bought Sims games for our consoles and handhelds.
    I have bought all Sims 3 Eps & Sps as the were released.
    I have held my grandson while playing. He is now 5 and plays FreePlay.
    I have pre ordered Sims 4. I have the Sims 2 mouse and waiting on Sims 4 mouse.
    I have a Freezer Bunny tattoo and a bracelet tattoo of the Sims 2 aspirations.

YES! I am addicted to The Sims no matter the form.
  • Options
    MazatlMazatl Posts: 58 Member
    > @karenc567 said:
    > emz281299 wrote:
    >
    > I hate this sweet treats stuff pack its just so cheesy and pink. And I am not the only one thinking this many others agree. EA has realised this and thats why they are realeasing diesal. Whats your opinion?
    >
    > Happy Simming
    > From Em
    >
    >
    >
    > Well, this is more an EP for Katy fans, like myself. It is creativity. I mean, its okay if it isn't your style, but really only Katy fans can connect with Sweet Treats.
    > Just like the Katy Perry Showtime Collectors Edition, the fruit stage props. Fans would say, "Thats Cool" Others would say, "Why fruit?"
    > :-o

Isn't even remotely my type of music but I'd still be going ooh big fruit!
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I waited for this SP to go on sale before purchasing it. There are some nice items and outfits in this pack. I will not use the cupcake bra or any thing in sims I don't like or agree with.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    I don't think it's the worst ever, but I do think they overdid it. The candy and sugar theme could've worked out nicely if they hadn't gone overboard.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    lllloveSimsForevlllloveSimsForev Posts: 5 New Member
    Sweet Treats was one of my favorite packs.
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    To me, the KPSP was about as useless as you can get. I got it for free on release day. That is the only reason I have it.
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    Katlyn2525 wrote: »
    To me, the KPSP was about as useless as you can get. I got it for free on release day. That is the only reason I have it.

Yup, definitely agree. Wouldn't have touched it even if it was free. :#
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Occasionally I regret not getting it because a few of the clothing items look pretty nice (the red "Jessica Rabbit" dress, the high-waisted shorts, the skimpy vinyl dress, maybe a couple other things I dunno), but then I remember that my sims have bad enough random fashion without adding cupcake bras to the mix.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    CreamierThanMamiCreamierThanMami Posts: 684 Member
    I love the pack, to be honest. Girly and pink is totally my thing.
    Fotor0510194637_zps0hyuxnv8.jpg
    If you like my story, contributions to my wishlist are appreciated!
  • Options
    NesoiancitizenNesoiancitizen Posts: 4,344 Member
    I prefer my Sims and their surroundings to look as normal and realistic as possible, so I avoid any EPs or SPs that come with wild and wacky looking fashions and items. Like InfraGreen said, I don't think I would be too happy seeing randomly generated townies walking around dressed as cupcakes or lollipops, etc.
    JkN3z9U.gif
    Find me at Sims3.com. Username: Nesoiancitizen
    I'm also on Duolingo as carlaquest
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    It's not that bad. It's definitely fantasy stuff and not real BUT if you are going to just stick with the "real stuff" then you're missing out on a lot in the Sims. I just got it on Ebay and I think it's fun and funny to play with. My son absolutely loves it! The three lots and the furniture all designed like candy is right up his alley so all in all I'm glad I purchased it.
  • Options
    FreakiiUnicornFreakiiUnicorn Posts: 33 Member
    I love it, I love cute sweet things, I love Katy Perry. Perfect combo to me.
  • Options
    lottylovessimslottylovessims Posts: 11 New Member
    The pack might draw people in just because it looks really vibrant.