Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Family Funds Cheat Not Working?

Basically what it says in the title. I type it as familyfunds Daniels 5000 when I press enter the console disappears but the money does not change :evil:

**EDIT**
Testing cheats are enabled whenever I use this cheat code, and it has worked for me before!
sig-advert.jpg

Comments

• Options
    HomeworkerHomeworker Posts: 2,370 Member
    edited June 2012
    Bump
    sig-advert.jpg
  • Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited June 2012
    Hi - does this actually work with Sims 3? I've always used motherlode
  • Options
    LetterFromAThiefLetterFromAThief Posts: 2,971 Member
    edited June 2012
    Yeah, I use motherlode or kaching
  • Options
    ZeriZeri Posts: 15,073 Member
    edited June 2012
    it does work, but its really picky about when it works. its unreliable. its possible it only works on edit town screen, or only works when testing cheats is enabled. im not really certain
    i would use motherlode, kaching, or money (just type in money in the cheat window and get 1 million simoleans)

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Meh, I wanted to take away money.
    sig-advert.jpg
  • Options
    DiamondkoolDiamondkool Posts: 4,481 Member
    edited June 2012
    It only works if you use testingcheatsenabled, I think.
    7ef6931fe80152dcec309a30cbe73f13.png
    Click on my signature to access my tumblr blog!
  • Options
    secretuk1965secretuk1965 Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited June 2012
    Homeworker wrote:
    Meh, I wanted to take away money.

makes sure you have the testingcheats enabled first then familyfunds - (how much) then household name to take away funds, to give funds same but without the - sign.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I do have testingcheatsenabled whenever I use it though :)
    sig-advert.jpg
  • Options
    DiamondkoolDiamondkool Posts: 4,481 Member
    edited June 2012
    Perhaps familyfunds are case sensitive. :?
    7ef6931fe80152dcec309a30cbe73f13.png
    Click on my signature to access my tumblr blog!
  • Options
    WoWLynniaWoWLynnia Posts: 2,715 Member
    edited June 2012
    It's just as you've done it, familyfunds [familyname] # . Can't say I've ever had an issue using it. Make sure your game isn't paused, because I believe it doesn't take effect until time is progressing (ie. it has to add or subtract the funds, not just change the variable). That's been my experience, at least. Also, make sure you have the family name right, because it isn't the last name of the sim, it's the actual family name of the household, which might be different.
  • Options
    thesimlingthesimling Posts: 4,486 New Member
    edited June 2012
    This cheat has NEVER worked for me :cry:
  • Options
    pokemon291pokemon291 Posts: 27 Member
    edited June 2012
    sometimes it works, sometimes not. it doesnt usualy work for me, but i would use kaching or motherlode :roll:
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    pokemon291 wrote:
    sometimes it works, sometimes not. it doesnt usualy work for me, but i would use kaching or motherlode :roll:

I use them too but as i said in an earlier post, I want to SUBTRACT funds :-)
    sig-advert.jpg
  • Options
    extremeasaurextremeasaur Posts: 2,701 Member
    edited June 2012
    I have heard this complaint before.

Here is your problem.

"family name"

The game only remembers the original family name, so if anyone's name had changed, you need to know what the original family name was.

If you want to know what the game thinks the name is, have a Sim select "move" when you go to confirm that move, it will show you the family name. Then just cancel the move and now you know the family name the game is looking for.

Also, you do not have to do math. when you type "familyfunds name 5000"

your balance will change to 5000. If you want to add you simple type the amount of money you want in the bank.

If you have 100 and you want 500, you don't type "400". You type 500.

• Options
    SiminoidSiminoid Posts: 961 New Member
    edited June 2012
    It's always worked for me. Here's what I do:

testingcheatsenabled true

familyfunds "Lastnamehere" 5000

(With whatever last name and amount in your situation.)

I always put the quotes around the last name and only the last name, and it works just fine.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I've never used the quotes around the name. As long as the name is correct, you wont have any problems.

as for SUBTRACTING funds, you just type in the amount you want them to have.

therefore, if you currently have 20,000 and you want them to only have 5,000

you type : familyfunds name 5000

and it will automatically remove the 15,000 you don't want them to have.
  • Options
    lilhunnylilhunny Posts: 1,561 Member
    edited June 2012
    It always works for me when I use testingcheatsenabled true & buydebug
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    That makes sense I did change my sims last name! Thanks extremeasaur! I'll give it a try later, I have a school project thing that I'm trying to finish :lol:
    sig-advert.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Homeworker wrote:
    That makes sense I did change my sims last name! Thanks extremeasaur! I'll give it a try later, I have a school project thing that I'm trying to finish :lol:

You're welcome, and that's your problem. the sim may have a new name, but the game doesn't know that. have fun with your project.
  • Options
    Amzy321Amzy321 Posts: 4 New Member
    For anyone who's trying to give money to a family they aren't actively playing with but want to give money to and move them into a house in the neibourhood:

You need to first move the family into a plot they can afford, an empty plot, then do the family funds cheat, move them out of the plot, and then into the house you want them in, that's the only way it'll work.
    I hope that makes sense.

Once you do the cheat, you can hover Over the plot to double check it worked and it should say household funds with the amount you wrote.
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    Throwing this in:

The success of the "familyfunds" cheat has always been a gamble for me.
    (Worked like a charm in The Sims 2. :star: )

One thing I learned is that if you have a family with the same last name in town, to the one you are trying to apply the funds to, it won't work. (Probably cause it went to one of the other families at random. :lol: )
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited July 2021
    Even though this topic is nearly 10 years old and has been necro'd from the depths of goodness knows where, someone might not know, but I use the real estate cheat if I want to move townies or non playables into a house they cant afford.
    In Edit Town, simply open the console, type in FreeRealEstate and then just stick them in a house. It costs nothing and they retain the simoleons they already have.

My playable sims aren't allowed to do that, they have to work for their houses :D
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    Pary wrote: »
    Even though this topic is nearly 10 years old and has been necro'd from the depths of goodness knows where, someone might not know, but I use the real estate cheat if I want to move townies or non playables into a house they cant afford.
    In Edit Town, simply open the console, type in FreeRealEstate and then just stick them in a house. It costs nothing and they retain the simoleons they already have.

My playable sims aren't allowed to do that, they have to work for their houses :D

^Ha ha that's what I always do too @Pary ! :grin: SO much easier!

I didn't realize the thread had been necroed. :grimace:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    EA_rephiiEA_rephii Posts: 6 EA Community Manager
    Hey everyone,

the post is already very old - therefore I close the thread at this point in accordance with the forum rules regarding necro-posting.

If your problem persists, or you have a current concern, please make a new post.

Please always pay attention to the date of the last post, and when the thread was created. Thank you!

/closed

~rephii
    Test
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top