Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Time to head "Back to Basics" EA

The backlash over the Katy Perry venture has been epic. EA was voted WORST company of the year. They seem to have been spending a LOT of time and energy focusing on the pre-teen Facebook users and developing a merging of The Sims and Facebook whose initial, much hyped stock offering was a complete BUST! Anyone else giggling?

Time to get back to basics with the Sims, EA! You spent years putting out a quality product, built up a HUGE fan base and then quit caring about them. Quit the crap, cut out the gimmicks and hey, you just might start making money again. That green stuff you love so much? IT'S PEEEOOOPLE! THE GREEN STUFF IS PEEEOPLE!!!! (sorry couldn't resist!)

Comments

• 4thefunofit44thefunofit4 Posts: 3,032 Member
    edited June 2012
    Agreed.
  • stormwenchstormwench Posts: 4,416 New Member
    edited June 2012
    Agreed
  • Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited June 2012
    EA was voted WORST company of the year.

Link?
  • Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited June 2012
    Halle_M wrote:
    EA was voted WORST company of the year.

Link?
    http://tinyurl.com/EAWCIA
  • EternitysShadowEternitysShadow Posts: 1,194 Member
    edited June 2012
    just saying the worst company of the year award I'm pretty sure had little to do with the sims's katy perry thing. It probably had more to do with their customer service :wink:
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited June 2012
    just saying the worst company of the year award I'm pretty sure had little to do with the sims's katy perry thing. It probably had more to do with their customer service :wink:

Yes, it is partly because of Customer service, but I think KPST was "the topping on the cake". :wink:
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited June 2012
    Anmirla wrote:

Yes, it is partly because of Customer service, but I think KPST was "the topping on the cake". :wink:

Nah, I think Mass Effect 2 was the topping on the cake :)
  • PsychoMasterXPsychoMasterX Posts: 2,553 New Member
    edited June 2012
    you guys need to stop posting that worse company crap everytime ea does something you disagree with it annoying
    edited June 2012
    you guys need to stop posting that worse company crap everytime ea does something you disagree with it annoying

It's true though.

I can't comment on who should have actually won because I couldn't vote in the first place being a non-American and I don't have the same kind of knowledge about Bank of America but the fact that EA was even nominated to be on that list in the first place speaks volumes about what the public opinion of them is therefore it is very much a valid argument that can be brought up.

EA sucks. You only need to take a look at the broken game we here all play to realize that.
  • GaMomoGaMomo Posts: 298
    edited June 2012
    Darkslayer wrote:
    Anmirla wrote:

The Mass Effect 3 ending (which was crap) was indeed the icing on the cake. People were ( and still are) sooooooooo mad about that.
    edited June 2012

Dude when a GAME company beats out banks, Cell phone companies, delivery companies, and cable companies, we have a major problem. They questioned over 250,000 people and EA came out on top. Bank of america is indeed a** over backwards but still, for EA to beat them out?
    And OP I totally Agree 100%
    edited June 2012
    yes but it getting annoying seeing it being bring up every freakin time,
    edited June 2012
    GaMomo wrote:

Dude when a GAME company beats out banks, Cell phone companies, delivery companies, and cable companies, we have a major problem. They questioned over 250,000 people and EA came out on top. Bank of america is indeed a** over backwards but still, for EA to beat you out?

To be fair though the vote was held at the time when a LOT of people were upset about Mass Effect so that could have really boosted the numbers - still as I mentioned above the fact they made the list in the first place should've said volumes but instead EA just opted to be childish about it and ignore it.
    edited June 2012
    Darkslayer wrote:
    GaMomo wrote:

Dude when a GAME company beats out banks, Cell phone companies, delivery companies, and cable companies, we have a major problem. They questioned over 250,000 people and EA came out on top. Bank of america is indeed a** over backwards but still, for EA to beat you out?

To be fair though the vote was held at the time when a LOT of people were upset about Mass Effect so that could have really boosted the numbers - still as I mentioned above the fact they made the list in the first place should've said volumes but instead EA just opted to be childish about it and ignore it.

That is true but here in the US the banks were ( and still are kinda) REALLY screwing us over with charges for every little thing from and account to getting a new card . So that's why i'm shocked about the whole thing.
    edited June 2012
    ea should just kill this francise because you people don't know what you want I'm tired of seeing that worse company crap being posted
    edited June 2012
    ea should just kill this francise because you people don't know what you want I'm tired of seeing that worse company crap being posted

Too bad. You don't control the forum and you can't change facts. They were voted the worst company by the public. I would have thought that any decent company would have immediately tried to fix what was going so horribly wrong if they even so much as made the list never mind winning it but nope, EA did what they always do when things are less than favourable and just swept it under the rug instead of dealing with the situation.

Do you know where else they have displayed this behaviour? With this stuff pack. The desperate attempt to make this pack not only seem worth the money (which it still isn't - not here in the UK anyway) but also to try and cover up how niche this pack really is is laughable.
    edited June 2012
    And lose money? Hell will freeze over before that happens. People know what they want and we understand that we all can't have everything we ask for, but when something like this comes along that ( form what I have seen) no one has asked for, then yeah the response that was given was bound to happen. I really hope everyone who gets this is happy with it and they enjoy it but you can't (well you CAN) just pop up with an endorsement and expect everyone to be happy. Especially when this pack had so much potential, especially for other age groups in game.

I'm done. :oops:
  • ZeekSliderZeekSlider Posts: 5,831 Member
    edited June 2012
    ea should just kill this francise because you people don't know what you want

The fans of The Sims know what they want, and some of them go out of their way to CREATE MODS that actually do what the majority of the fan base has been asking for. The most popular ones are the mods that actually fix the game and help it run smoother.

Then there are the waves of requests for diving boards and water slides for pools, massage tables, the ability to have Sims tan while at a Beach lot, and the countless requests for a Seasons equivalent for TS3.

The fans know what they want, and EA isn't going to kill the franchise because of a failure to deliver what the fans want. If anything, EA is killing (as in RIGHT NOW) it with the overpriced DLC, the implication that the next EP is going to be half-empty since a bulk of the Magic stuff is in the store as Premium Content, and a customer service help center that is more frustrating than helpful.

Besides, if EA really wanted to kill The Sims, they would just stop making titles for it entirely. Why keep throwing money towards a project that you are going to end anyway? Just release one last big title, put everything people want in it, and then call it done.
  • Alexander_VahnAlexander_Vahn Posts: 310
    edited June 2012
    Darkslayer wrote:
    Anmirla wrote:

Really, I thought CNC4 was the topping on the rancid pile of ****.
    edited June 2012
    Wow. I forgot there was a second sequel to Mass Effect and that I should have written 3 and not 2. How embarassing :oops:

Out of curiosity because I don't recognise the abbrivation, what was CNC4?
    edited June 2012
    it like nintendo they just make whatever projects they want even if their fans never asked for them, that what ea should be doing make what they wants because their fanbase will buy it anyway
  • ZeekSliderZeekSlider Posts: 5,831 Member
    edited June 2012
    it like nintendo they just make whatever projects they want even if their fans never asked for them, that what ea should be doing make what they wants because their fanbase will buy it anyway

The big difference between Nintendo and EA right now is that when Nintendo does a "way out in left field" project, people take notice and are curious enough to try it out. That controller for the Wii U being one part table, one part streaming device, and one part webcam is enough right there to get people to look at the bulky thing in a different light than before.

EA, as it stands, is just gambling on customer loyalty. Yes, people will always buy the next Madden game and the latest Battlefield title, but how long will that last before they start screwing up their flagship titles? We can see the effects of this already with Mass Effect 3, which was one of their big titles that gets a lot of attention from gamers of all walks of life. And once their customer's played it and finished it? Well, we all know the story from there.
  • Alexander_VahnAlexander_Vahn Posts: 310
    edited June 2012
    Darkslayer wrote:
    Wow. I forgot there was a second sequel to Mass Effect and that I should have written 3 and not 2. How embarassing :oops:

Command And Conquer 4 (CNC4). CNC was bought out when EA bought out Westwood, and took a relatively nice game, and threw it in with their EALA studio where they ***** and crushed the storyline to the point where it was like some really weird soap-opera dream, and sold a VERY poorly coded game with next to no content for 50 dollars and killed off the fanbase. The guy who was head for the PR was a complete idiot to boot.
    edited June 2012
    Darkslayer wrote:

Command And Conquer 4 (CNC4). CNC was bought out when EA bought out Westwood, and took a relatively nice game, and threw it in with their EALA studio where they ***** and crushed the storyline to the point where it was like some really weird soap-opera dream, and sold a VERY poorly coded game with next to no content for 50 dollars and killed off the fanbase. The guy who was head for the PR was a complete idiot to boot.

Ohhhhhhh Yeah! I forgot about that.
  • Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited June 2012
    Callum9432 wrote:

Ummmm....:
    "...according to an influential consumer interest blog."

Okaaaaayyy....so, A BLOG voted them the worst company in America. I happen to think some of their points for doing so are valid. However -- a BLOG? Who really cares?