Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

randomly freezes and crashes.

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    ionamce123ionamce123 Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    same with me i only get 2 minutes of gameplay then i have to shut down and restart cause it stops working comepletly then when i log back on it says sims 3 has stopped working and i love playing it and i cant anymore :!:
  • Options
    KarubooKaruboo Posts: 4
    edited March 2013
    Wow, I'm glad I'm not the only one. It's frustrating... I hope there's a fix/solution soon.
  • Options
    HollzbananzaHollzbananza Posts: 6
    edited March 2013
    I got my new laptop today. My old computer had that stupid stairs/fence glitch, so I was excited to get this one which was chosen SPECIFICALLY to work with Sims. My computer has all the necessary requirements, so I installed EVERY expansion pack, only to realise that it's now freezing and crashing. I have made sure there is no custom content, and added it all in the DEP thing. I lowered all graphic settings but STILL NOTHING.

Has anyone found a solution? I am sick of Sims having issues!!!
  • Options
    KarubooKaruboo Posts: 4
    edited March 2013
    I found this recently. Not sure if it'll do the trick because I haven't played recently.

https://help.ea.com/ca/article/dep-settings-for-sims-3-on-vista-and-windows-7

Make sure to add all of your games to it including expansions.

Edit: Did not work for me. :/
  • Options
    hakeemc3hakeemc3 Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    Can somebody help me? my sims are stuck and aren't playable.
    I've tried with "new game" but still won't work :(and the neighbours are stuck outside their house with "new game'
    I've tried resetsim too:(
  • Options
    indiahsaundersindiahsaunders Posts: 3
    edited April 2013
    The same thing happened to me, I just uninstalled the game and installed townlife instead. Now it works perfectly fine.
  • Options
    ashie772ashie772 Posts: 6
    edited April 2013
    I have many sims pc games (pets,super-natural,late night,generations, ambitions, town-life stuff, university life, and world advertures.) and i can get as far as building a 4-5 bedroom house but the second im live i get 2 mins then it crashes. I do have to say i have some exchange things but i reeeally dont want To get rid of it. i play with no internet and it seems to slow down more, and i play with no disks, i save every 2 mins. i am up to date with updates.. i am getting so p***ed off with this any help? :evil:
  • Options
    Gem456Gem456 Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    I can play for around 5 minutes, then the screen darkens, goes black and the dialogue box saying that the sims3 has stopped working appears. I have a glitch with one sim as i can not actually see her. This happens especially in create a sim. I am really disappointed and it seems as if nobody has had much luck with this. I only have a few expansion packs which I recently installed and straight after it crashed.
    I love playing sims but for some reason i don't think I will be able to any more because it just isn't possible.
    I hope that EA will actually look into this problem as it seems that lots of people are having it. It is kind of obvious that we need some sort of update or consistent method to help. Please do something about this as i love my sims. :?: :!: :!: :cry:
  • Options
    tashyxoxotashyxoxo Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    well i got the same problem to but it only happen when im playing as the sims :?
  • Options
    SwasiaSwasia Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    Having a similar problem, but my game stops responding and shuts down every time I try to save a game after building a house for a family. :twisted: Hope it is resolved soon :)
  • Options
    soul2soul1976soul2soul1976 Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    yeah so anoying happens all the time at moment my sims on holiday trying to send them home but crashes so goes back to same spot i saved on holiday like the film ground hog day lol been like it for 2 days now i have had my sims3 crashes alot in the game and freezes i keep bashing my keys on my laptop to try to get it to work does sometimes but wont do my laptop any good lol
  • Options
    Eternalxx970Eternalxx970 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Below are the guidelines for you to stop Sims crashing problem:

I hope this helps everyone :)

A) Exclude Sims from the Data Execution Prevention:

DEP is the abbreviation of Data Execution Prevention. Sims crashes can be experienced due to its conflicts with DEP technology. Disabling it from the DEP could solve the problem.

1. Right click My Computer icon.
    2. Select Properties.
    3. Click Advanced System Settings link at the left hand side.
    4. Click Advanced tab.
    5. Click Settings under Performance frame.
    6. Click Data Execution Prevention tab.
    7. Select Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select.
    8. Add Sims 3 executable file in the exception list by clicking Add and then selecting the appropriate file.
    9. Click OK | OK.

B) Repair Sims Registry Hives:

Sims store its configurations in the system registry. If any incorrect data is stored there, runtime error occur and Sims starts crashing. Repair its registry hives using Reginout Registry Cleaner.

C) Delete the Contents of Game Cache:

A cache is the directory containing most required files. Sims crashes occur if the cache contents are corrupted.

1. Click Start | Documents.
    2. Double click: EA Games | The Sims 3.
    3. Delete the following files:
    a. Groups.cache
    b. Cigen.package

D) Delete the Custom Contents:

Did you recently install any new custom contents? If so, remove them. Some of them might not be functioning well.

1. Open My Computer.
    2. Double click: C:\Program Files\EA Games
    3. Open a folder named Downloads or otherwise Mods.
    4. Delete the custom contents you suspect causing the problem.

if this helps you be sure to comment me back , Thank you - Eternalxx970
  • Options
    Eternalxx970Eternalxx970 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Below are the guidelines for you to stop Sims crashing problem:

I hope this helps everyone :)

A) Exclude Sims from the Data Execution Prevention:

DEP is the abbreviation of Data Execution Prevention. Sims crashes can be experienced due to its conflicts with DEP technology. Disabling it from the DEP could solve the problem.

1. Right click My Computer icon.
    2. Select Properties.
    3. Click Advanced System Settings link at the left hand side.
    4. Click Advanced tab.
    5. Click Settings under Performance frame.
    6. Click Data Execution Prevention tab.
    7. Select Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select.
    8. Add Sims 3 executable file in the exception list by clicking Add and then selecting the appropriate file.
    9. Click OK | OK.

B) Repair Sims Registry Hives:

Sims store its configurations in the system registry. If any incorrect data is stored there, runtime error occur and Sims starts crashing. Repair its registry hives using Reginout Registry Cleaner.

C) Delete the Contents of Game Cache:

A cache is the directory containing most required files. Sims crashes occur if the cache contents are corrupted.

1. Click Start | Documents.
    2. Double click: EA Games | The Sims 3.
    3. Delete the following files:
    a. Groups.cache
    b. Cigen.package

D) Delete the Custom Contents:

Did you recently install any new custom contents? If so, remove them. Some of them might not be functioning well.

1. Open My Computer.
    2. Double click: C:\Program Files\EA Games
    3. Open a folder named Downloads or otherwise Mods.
    4. Delete the custom contents you suspect causing the problem.

if this helps you be sure to comment me back , Thank you - Eternalxx970
  • Options
    sharkattac1sharkattac1 Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    when playing sims3 for a while some of my sims freez and the internet explorer pops up saying sims has stoped working how can I fix this
  • Options
    shippensburg1234shippensburg1234 Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    Whenever I go into the part where I have to put in my account and select the profile I want to get on, while it's loading my sim freezes. Nothing happens to my computer but its just the sims. Im starting to hate sims.
  • Options
    rustedfaith13rustedfaith13 Posts: 1
    edited September 2013
    Try right clicking on the Sims 3 desktop icon and click "open file location". Then instead of using the Sim3Launcher, use the other application. For example, if I open Sims 3 Seasons, there's the Sims3Launcher application and another application called TS3EP08. Try using that to start the game instead of the Sims3Launcher. Worked for me.
  • Options
    caits87caits87 Posts: 4
    edited October 2013
    this started happening to me, my sims glitched up for a few seconds and then they were fine, but tonight it froze. I started task manager thinking it would be fine, but it caused it to crash :( . i'm worried that if i get back on and start playing,i'll just end up losing more progress. :shock: i have all the EP's and none of the stuff packs, please help.

oh my word I can die. mine is doing the same, and judging by the fact that so many of you have written this in 2012 and I don't even see solutions I find this a problem. what does one do? I can cry. I make so much progress and them bam....its all gone. I cant anymore.
  • Options
    vanessa1012vanessa1012 Posts: 1
    edited December 2013
    I have a similar problem! I would get on just fine and then after about 5 minutes of playing it freezes and I wouldn't be able to get out of it unless i pressed ctrl+alt+delete, then i would do start task manager and a message pops up saying sims 3 stopped working or somthing like that and then i would have to close sims! It's so annoying and cant play it now because it would do that. I hope it fixes somehow! :x
  • Options
    horsedreamr4lifehorsedreamr4life Posts: 1
    edited February 2014
    SAME HERE
  • Options
    kellyafitzykellyafitzy Posts: 4
    edited February 2014
    i know how to fix it. it means you need to update the app
  • Options
    capemay_219capemay_219 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited March 2014
    Check and see if you have alot of installed content and delete what you dont want! Good luck though
  • Options
    jamesmckenzie25jamesmckenzie25 Posts: 4 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Yeah guys.. My sims are like pregnant and when they have their babies I take them into create-a-sim and then when I press the check it loads then goes to the black screen? Anyone else??