Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CK213's Favorite Tales and Simming Moments.

Comments

• Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited November 2014
    Sigh...not many party animals in SV
    With Bridgeport and Barnacle Bay updated, I wanted to give Sunset Vally the makeover treatment. I went in with a new stylist sim after finishing the urban renewal. I also gave her a sidekick.

I like the shy trait. I didn't see shy animations much from my first sim, but Jasmine is more shy. Probably the combination of traits. She is supposed to be my version of EA's "Render Girl", the sim simmer's kept talking about before TS3 came out.
    Screenshot-1886.jpg

Screenshot-1887.jpg

I'm not that big on skyscraper apartments or going to the clubs in them, but I do like the urban feel they give. I put a few in Sunset Vally.
    Screenshot-1891.jpg

Screenshot-1889.jpg

My geeky sim. :D
    Screenshot-1892.jpg

But, now I see what other simmers are talking about. My Sunset Valley is not as lively as my Bridgeport. :P
    And I updated it and really like it now. Get ready for a picture fest as is my usual M.O.

I built a simple bar for Sunset Valley and the clientele is extremely light. It's consistently 2 sims and 2 paparazzi plus the Bartenders and my sims(the two ladies at the table)even if the place is a hot spot.
    Screenshot-1950.jpg

Very slim pickings for the girls. Velma lucked out with Mr. Steele.
    Screenshot-1952.jpg

My other sim...
    Screenshot-1951.jpg

Oh well.
    Get ready to have your world rocked Mr. Koffi.
    Screenshot-1954.jpg

I half expected him to do a happy dance.
    Screenshot-1958.jpg

At least she has something to do than chat with the mixologist.
    Screenshot-1962.jpg

My Sunset Valley Paparazzi. Love the hair.
    Screenshot-1963.jpg

Best night of Mr. Koffi's life so far.
    Screenshot-1965.jpg

I know who is going to be in his thought bubbles.
    Screenshot-1966.jpg

Love 'em and leave 'em. The girls are tired.
    Screenshot-1967.jpg

Screenshot-1969.jpg

I tried updating SV before and gave up. It worked out the second time around.
    Screenshot-1970.jpg

It looks nice from central park.
    Screenshot-1974.jpg

And it still has a few of the old rabbit holes. I didn't want to change it too much.
    Screenshot-1975.jpg
    Darkling wrote:
    I actually laughed when I saw Mr Koffi getting his groove on with his high-water pants! That's what I hate when my clubs are borderline deserted--the pickings are mighty slim! :?

Stunning view and the high-rises fit in beautifully, they don't seem out of place at all. I know this is hard to achieve (you should see the messes I made the first four times I tried to update Twinbrook) but you make it look effortless. Amazing.

Hi, Darkling. :D
    I am amusing myself with Koffi and the girls. He managed to get on their bad side and there was a minor brawl. They're still friends for some reason. I guess it's just a Fight Club thing.

This makeover over of Sunset Valley isn't effortless. I'm head/desking over here. :P

This is what I had. It seemed nice and simple and looked organized.
    Screenshot-2056.jpg

But I didn't like the hospital so close to my dance club, so I moved it. But then it seemed odd to have a dance club so close to a school, so I moved the club to the beach. Then I started moving this here, that there, and now I need to move this here. :roll:

And this is where I am now.
    SVmakeover.jpg

This street is now a commercial zone. It doesn't show the hospital. If more EPs add more community lots, they're going to be placed on this street.
    Screenshot-2058.jpg

And the movie studio is here. I'll just pretend the shuttle is just a movie set for a big budget movie.
    Screenshot-2057.jpg

I just added some finishing touches to my new club today. I only created it so I can have a simple bar like Wayland's Haunt, but a little more upscale. I really like it now. I'm going to call it "Tribal". The theme sort of created itself as I was looking for stuff in Buydebug. I plan to uploaded it. It's a nice little bar with no elevator traffic. :-)
    Screenshot-2062.jpg

Screenshot-2063.jpg

Screenshot-2065.jpg

Now for Bridgeport.

I have the same lot in Bridgeport. I don't like the Banzai Lounge. :P It's confusing with its two elevators and two separate rooms, and bathrooms on another floor--really bad design. So this is a nice simple replacement.

I sent Garrett and Amy out to test it. at about 1:00 in the afternoon.
    Screenshot-2023.jpg

There were sims already inside when they got there. 5 of them in the afternoon, not counting my 2 sims and the mixologists. I'd like to see what the place is like when it's a hot spot. :)
    Screenshot-2025.jpg

"Hey you. How about some liquid instead of that gas?"
    Screenshot-2026.jpg

Go ahead, wild thing.
    Screenshot-2028.jpg

Garrett looks almost TS2-ish.
    Screenshot-2029.jpg

The other Mixologist walks in. I like this setup, if one is busy, just go to the other one.
    Screenshot-2030.jpg

One good thing about my Sunset Valley though, I have no celebrities or fans yet.
    Screenshot-2031.jpg

Yep, 3 more sims walked in, bringing the amount of walk-in townies up to 8.
    Screenshot-2037.jpg

Amy lost her shy trait thanks to the "juice". Garrette got falsely accused of something silly. EA needs to adjust that.
    Screenshot-2036.jpg

I brought in Garrett's roommates and their girlfriends. Now this is a decent amount of sims. I'll be looking out for when the place is a hot spot.
    Screenshot-2038.jpg

I just wish Sunset Valley had more sims in the club.
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Mylita wrote:
    Thank you! That worked and she is watching a SimFest in the park. No one is reacting to her presence at all!

I am still looking for the mod I remember having that gave simbots a normal way of walking which would make it less painful for me to watch. I don't like the jerky movements.:lol:

But, she is really pretty and it is a relief not to have folks making puking gestures towards her.

Mylita

That's great.
    Are Simbot sound effects timed to the smooth walking animations with that other mod?
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Yay! The club is filling up. Huh? Oh no...

I've been adding some new lots and a few CAS sims to my Sunset Vally master copy and decided to play the girls a bit.

I sent them to the club and, surprise surprise, the joint was jumping.
    Screenshot-2160.jpg

This is great. No more 2-townies-and-a-couple-of-Paparazzi nights.
    Screenshot-2161.jpg

The girls can get their party on.
    Screenshot-2163.jpg

But...then I saw camera flashes. :shock: Someone is a celebrity.
    It's Jack Bunch, and not only a celebrity, he's a vampire too. It Starts. :x
    Why couldn't it have been Gunther Goth? That would make more sense.
    Screenshot-2162.jpg

:lol: I've never seen a townie doing the walk of shame before. I wonder what happened.
    Screenshot-2164.jpg

I'm not sure if he had anything to do with it.
    Screenshot-2165.jpg

Screenshot-2166.jpg

It looks like story progression set things in motion. I keep it off, but I turned it on trying to get NPCs to move into my custom apartments. I forgot to turn it back off. Well, I'm glad my Sunset Valley clubs are active now.

But sorry, the Bunch family are not supposed to be celebrities and I don't want them to be vampires either. I'll just use my mod to remove Jack's celebrity status and send him to the Science building to cure his vampirism.
    Screenshot-2167.jpg
    Dblue055 wrote:
    As always you are one great story teller CK213. I always look forward to seeing you on the form. Keep up the great work:D

Thanks, Dblue.

I went in today to check on Jack and it's probably good that I did. He wasn't doing very well.
    Screenshot-2168.jpg

Time to take care of this.
    Screenshot-2169.jpg

I decided I better check the rest of the family to make sure they weren't vampires and celebrities as well. I was pleasantly surprised by them having a Sunday afternoon picnic at the beach. :D
    Screenshot-2171.jpg

Darlene was having a bake sale. She's been a busy girl.
    Screenshot-2172.jpg

Jack is still on his way. Lou Maverick's attempt to impress Narcissa Vatos isn't working.
    Screenshot-2173.jpg

Neither is her's.
    Screenshot-2174.jpg

River McIrish out for a stroll.
    Screenshot-2175.jpg

Jack's arrival.
    Screenshot-2176.jpg

Might as well check on the rest of the family.
    Screenshot-2185.jpg

Nice day for the Bunch Family. Arlo was at the movie theater.
    Screenshot-2184.jpg

I think I'll send Jack home to drink the potion
    Screenshot-2178.jpg

Screenshot-2181.jpg

Screenshot-2182.jpg

Welcome back, soldier. Now to get rid of that celebrity status. :D
    Screenshot-2183.jpg
    Chimp2678 wrote:
    I really love reading and looking those. You also had a thread on Lisa Bunch's life. But, it looks like you had turned her back to teen now since there are pictures of her as a teen here or you actually have other saved game slot where Lisa as an adult and married in different town or something like that?

:lol: Confusing, yeah.
    There are two things going on. The teen Lisa is from a new Sunset Valley that I edited for Late Night Features.
    Screenshot-2184.jpg

The old Lisa is alive and well, but I moved her and the Landgraabs, the Altos, and my CAS Wellingtons to Bridgeport. I have yet to play Lisa in Bridgeport yet. I have so many sims I want to play.
    Screenshot-2952.jpg

Screenshot-2956.jpg

Screenshot-2954.jpg

I even moved her siblings and managed to keep the family relationship for her sisters.
    Screenshot-1019.jpg

I'm currently playing a copy of Lisa's Brigeport town, but with another sim. It's been interesting sitting on the sidelines while Story Progression plays Lisa's Life. I've gotten pop-ups about her parents and step parents dying and I've seen her sister and children grow up.

This is one of her daughters as a teen.
    Screenshot-2946.jpg

These parallel worlds are starting to get confusing. :P
    sereia8 wrote:
    I downloaded Tribal and it was pretty easy to place in SV.. looks nice, too. I dunno if it's because it is a dive bar (I have always had issues with people going to Eugi's and Waylon's Haunt in BP as well) but I haven't noticed many people there.. yet. I've only tried it a couple of Sim days. :p Oh and it's weird, Gobias Koffi seems to love this bar in my game. o_- And Jack Bunch, too.

That's funny. Gobias is a regular. I really got to stop creating and start playing this game. Most of my playing is related to testing the town and homes.

But my next project is a big one. Six Victorians. Most my homes are modern. But now I want homes for this area of Sunset Valley and I think a row of Victorians would go great here.
    Screenshot-2198.jpg

I also spend too much time in CAS. I like this sim, but a lot of my sims have that same chin.
    Screenshot-2189.jpg

I experimented on this one and managed to square it up. I plopped her in the neighborhood too.
    Screenshot-2197.jpg

Finally making use of that steampunk top. I probably should have found some denim fabric. This darn game will keep you creating stuff forever. :lol: I'll probably have a major sim upload soon. I think I have about 7 or 8 good ones.
    Screenshot-2199.jpg
    clubers wrote:
    I thought Mr. Koffi was gay.

Or both teams.
    He was involved in a cat fight--the cats ripped him to shreds.

He paid a visit to Jasmine and Velma's house. He got all flirty with Velma.
    Screenshot-1980.jpg

Screenshot-1981.jpg

Most sims love to flirt and Velma is no exception.
    Screenshot-1982.jpg

Jasmine knocked him down a notch.
    Screenshot-1984.jpg

Velma cracks me up.
    Screenshot-1985.jpg

I sent them out to P.U.R.E. to give Jasmine to get things rolling with Gobias.
    Screenshot-1988.jpg

Loosen them up with some drinks.
    Screenshot-1990.jpg

Chit chat.
    Screenshot-1992.jpg

Then I decided to make Mr. Koffi a little more proactive by getting Velma to convince him to kiss Jasmine.
    Screenshot-1996.jpg

"What? What do you mean, no?"
    Screenshot-1998.jpg

The nerve, he's lucky Jasmine is even bothering with him. I had Velma tell him as much.
    Screenshot-1999.jpg

And he shoves her? :shock:
    Screenshot-2000.jpg

Oh...it's on now!
    Screenshot-2002.jpg

Screenshot-2004.jpg

Jasmine has her back.
    Screenshot-2007.jpg

Gobi didn't see this coming.
    Screenshot-2009.jpg

Don't cross women nicknamed Jazzy.
    Screenshot-2012.jpg

Run away!
    Screenshot-2014.jpg

Velma. :lol:
    Screenshot-2015.jpg

I should just let these two become a couple.
    The other guy Jasmine was interested in... :roll: That's another story. She might be better off with Velma.
    Screenshot-2018.jpg

Ha, and I was just using these two to test out new homes and my bar.
    I think they are now permanent residents of Sunset Valley.
    Screenshot-2020.jpg

Jasmine isn't having any good luck with the guys in SV so far. This guy seemed promising.
    Screenshot-2145.jpg

And he's not bad looking I guess.
    Screenshot-2146.jpg

She took him home, but I should have checked his traits. (worm on a hook--funny)
    Screenshot-2147.jpg

The guy is inappropriate.
    Screenshot-2150.jpg

I have a real dislike for trashcan kickers. He's lucky to leave alive.
    Screenshot-2151.jpg

Another day was just as bad. He was really rude.
    Screenshot-2200.jpg

I'd had enough.
    Screenshot-2201.jpg

Screenshot-2202.jpg

Screenshot-2203.jpg

Wow, that's a nasty look.
    Screenshot-2204.jpg

Look at that face...aww.
    I could give him better traits, but while Jasmine may not have a memory, I do. And I don't like that guy anymore. :lol:
    Screenshot-2205.jpg

I'll have Jasmine give Gobias Koffi another chance, but Velma may find her roommie giving her some flirtatious glances if it doesn't work out. :wink:
    Screenshot-2207.jpg
    Post edited by CK213 on
  • Options
    MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    edited June 2012
    Well, after some research, I found the mod at Mod the Sims:

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=418670

I will try it out tonight and see how well it works. It was also only updated to Pets. I will see if it works with the current patch level. I really hope so! :D

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    20 Bridgeport Makeovers
    I never showed Edna's and my handiwork on those denizens of Bridgeport.

I created a brand new Bridgeport save and went for a stroll through the city streets. I've really become use to what I've done to the town because I was a bit stunned by the original Bridgeporters walking around. (Especially Jessica Talon) I started taking a pics and comparing them to their parallel universe selves.

EmmyStarr.jpg

Matthew Hamming
    MattewHamming.jpg

Marina Prattle
    MarinaPrattle.jpg

Vlad Schlick
    VlasSchlick.jpg

Jessica Talon
    JessicaTalon.jpg

Kirby, Apollo, Matty
    KirbyWise_Apollo.jpg

Beau Merrik
    BeauMerrik.jpg

Morrigan Hemlock
    MorriganHemlock.jpg

Polly Maloney
    PollyMaloney.jpg

Dina Caliente (Bridgeport import)
    DinaCaliente.jpg

Mick Situp
    MickSitup.jpg

Lilly-Bo Chique
    Lilly_BoChique.jpg

Suzy Strummer
    SuzyStrummer.jpg

Katelyn Missoni
    KatelynMissoni.jpg

Diana Jones
    DianaJones.jpg

Cressida Wells
    CressidaWells.jpg

Lenny Shutter
    Lenny.jpg

Matilda Smart
    MatildaSmart.jpg

Post edited by CK213 on
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Builder's Pride: The AQA Series
    Although I do get a kick out of playing the game, I started playing the Sims primarily because I could design and build homes. I usually just build and upload, but one time I needed the opinion of other simmers on what I should do about a basement issue.

I'm working on a nice little house with a compact floor plan and I've run into a couple issues. I'm not looking for technical help, just an opinion on what you would rather play.
    Screenshot-2315.jpg

There are 3 bedrooms squeezed in there and not much room for other sim activities like inventing and sculpting. The place needs a basement. My problem is the game one let me put in stairs to get to the basement. :x

It keeps saying that I can't put stairs within a foundation. We'll I've deleted the foundation, the walls, the frieze, the roof, and leveled the ground, and there is nothing above the ground but blue sky, and it still thinks there is a foundation.

But this is not about correcting that issue.
    I want to know how simmers would feel about my alternative.
    Screenshot-2318.jpg

I wanted to put the stairs to the basement against the back wall, where those bushes currently are, but since the game won't let me I put them a little further out.
    Screenshot-2316.jpg

I dressed it up a bit. Do you think this OK, would it bother you to have the entrance just sitting in the middle of this space?
    Screenshot-2317.jpg

The second issue.

In the very first picture above. The windows are in the correct. Unfortunately the correct way looks very boring. For some reason EA put the most architectural side facing inside the house.
    Screenshot-2319.jpg

Putting them in backwards looks more interesting.
    Screenshot-2270.jpg

It looks odd with the lower pane sticking outside the house, but which to you prefer, detailed side facing in or out?
    Screenshot-2320.jpg
    bapaveza wrote:
    The stair thing wouldn't bother me but you have to do something about the roof. I think it's too peaked or something. That's kind of bugging me. Maybe call it a converted bomb shelter and give the entrance more of a shelter-ish look.

As for the windows - yet, put the more architectural side out. I've done that lots with Sims windows. For some reason the inside is almost always the better looking side. Dumb.
    ANNAPTX wrote:
    I like your solution for the basement stairs...the way you dressed it up looks fabulous!! Also, on the windows, I like the detailed look for the outside of the house better...the lot is looking beautiful!! :D
    Zeri wrote:
    the stairs out in the yard idea is ok, ive done that myself a time or 2. if you dont have a garage to put the basement under, then that should do just fine :)

as for the windows, i do that very same thing hahaha
    simjett wrote:
    Stinalina wrote:
    Hmm.... I'v had the same issue a couple of times, and i ended up doing almost the same as you, just with walls around it. Its not a very good look. Im not to keen on the detached entrance. But if your ok with it, it works, but i have to say (from a european point of view;) that it look a bit like a royal tomb with the pillars and the roof :) Maybe I would change the shape, or the pillars a bit, to make it better in sync with the form of the house, and less tomb like.
    :)

For the windows, i definitely prefer them with the decorated side facing out.

But in general its a nice house. Good luck!

I agree with this.

As a player my basements have varying types of access due to this and that. As a Builder I don't think I would make that compromise :)

Ya know what?
    You're right. :?

I'm making a copy of the lot and starting over. I think I can put the staircase inside the house by wrapping it around the back of the kitchen.

I think I'll put a fancy little gazebo in the backyard.

Thanks for the feedback. :)
    Starting with a fresh lot turned out to be better in the long run. I moved the whole house forward and gained more interior and backyard space while gaining space for interior stairs to the basement.

I had to apply a few tricks to do it, but it should work.
    Screenshot-2327.jpg

Screenshot-2328.jpg

Screenshot-2329.jpg

I'm diddling around with the backyard, but I think I'll leave it for now and get to laying out the interior space.
    Screenshot-2331.jpg

Going with these windows.
    Screenshot-2330.jpg

And from there I went on to create the AQA Series. I like most of my homes, but I think I enjoy the AQA series more.

Sunset Valley.
    Land of Sunshine, hills, and glistening ocean views.

I've always wanted to do something special with his section of town.
    Screenshot-2198.jpg

Now that SV has been updated for Late Night, I had set out to do something about it. I've been mainly making modern homes, but I wanted some period homes for that road. So I started building.

I tried some new techniques with this round of homes, and my first attempt at an L-shape covered porch. I think my building abilities bumped up a notch. :-)
    Screenshot-2385.jpg

Screenshot-2387.jpg

I got 4 nice homes out of it and 2 more are near completion.
    Screenshot-2357.jpg

Screenshot-2358.jpg

Screenshot-2370.jpg

Screenshot-2373.jpg

The backs are more interesting than the fronts. :P
    I guess it will be a nice surprise for those who play them.
    Screenshot-2382.jpg

Screenshot-2381.jpg

Yes! Very happy with this section now. :D
    But I still have to finish the two in the center and there are two empty lots near the blue house at the end. I think Gothic Revival homes will go there.
    Screenshot-2384.jpg

However, I think I need a break from The Sims. I have all these nice homes and cool sims, but I sit down to play and really don't feel like playing. :P It's weird.

So that's what I've been up to over the past week+. Actually more than that, I'll probably post the extras later. :lol:
    Post edited by CK213 on
  • Options
    MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    edited June 2012
    Just a quick update on the walking mod for simbots. It does give a much more normal look. She still has squeeks and some simbot poses that look a bit awkward to me, but not enough to keep me from playing her.

Everything you've done with this thread is marvelous!! I will keep coming back to check on it! :D 8)

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Mylita wrote:
    Just a quick update on the walking mod for simbots. It does give a much more normal look. She still has squeeks and some simbot poses that look a bit awkward to me, but not enough to keep me from playing her.

Everything you've done with this thread is marvelous!! I will keep coming back to check on it! :D 8)

Mylita

I think I might have to try that mod out.
    I do like that I can tell the humanized simbots are still robots, but since it is supposed to be upgraded, that should apply to a smoother movenment as well. Thanks.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Home-tester Family Trauma
    Whenever I create a home, I always test it out with Sims before I consider it finished. I employed the Feist family to test a number of AQA homes. Life for them was a little more traumatic than other sims.

Now that SV has been updated for Late Night, I had set out to do something about it. I've been mainly making modern homes, but I wanted some period homes for that road. So I started building.

I needed a family to test them. I feel sorry for the poor Feist Family.
    Screenshot-2239.jpg

The first thing I did was kill off the spare.
    I started with my smaller homes and they had one child too many. I must admit a feeling of guilt. :(
    Screenshot-2243.jpg

I built the homes in SV, but tested copies in Bridgeport. Sorry, little one, but it's all for a good cause.
    Screenshot-2248.jpg

What is that round thing in their thought bubbles? It looks like a serving platter with a cover, but that can't be right.
    Screenshot-2249.jpg

At another test home, they got a visitor well known to me.

This is out of Edna Mode's time line, so I can't accurately say Selena strikes again. I made a copy of my master Bridgeport to test a new home with a test family. The house is testing well and I made some nice improvements on it.

Now I get to see how it does on the burglar test. :-o
    Screenshot-2283.jpg

I kinda missed Ms. Savage.
    Screenshot-2284.jpg

You would think it would be: burglar sneaks up to house. Burglar sneaks inside. Burglar sets off alarm.
    Screenshot-2285.jpg

But no, this is Selena Savage. She does an about-face.
    Screenshot-2286.jpg

Ah, poor Feist family.
    Screenshot-2290.jpg

Is she...?
    Screenshot-2287.jpg

No she's not!
    Screenshot-2289.jpg

Yes she is!
    Screenshot-2291.jpg

Ok, Mr. Feist, wake up.
    Screenshot-2297.jpg

It looks like she's going after...
    Screenshot-2292.jpg

Oh, com'on! The Feists are a green-minded family. They love their little Prius hybrid.
    Screenshot-2293.jpg

You are a cruel woman, Selena Savage.
    Screenshot-2294.jpg

That's a very handy bag. The Doctor would be jealous. :wink:
    Screenshot-2295.jpg

I don't think that phone call is going to help.
    Screenshot-2303.jpg

Now you could ask, CK213, why don't you just put the alarm on the outside? Well, I like a little bit of uncertainty in the game, otherwise it's just a big bore-fest: Burglar shows up, burglar sets off alarm, maybe caught, maybe not, fast forward and see. This going to the garage took me by surprise. I wish there were even more possibilities.
    Screenshot-2298.jpg

She can see her apartment from here.
    Screenshot-2300.jpg

Another Savage clean getaway.
    Screenshot-2305.jpg

Yeah, I know, Prius gone, very sucky...for you.
    I was mildy entertained.
    Screenshot-2307.jpg
    Post edited by CK213 on
  • Options
    rsedorothyrsedorothy Posts: 1,898 Member
    edited June 2012
    :lol: I always put my alarms outside but one time it was on the garage wall seperated by a low hedge from the front door. The burglar escaped with their brand new Not so Routine Machine.

By the way in case you missed my message on your page, thank you so much for the cute sweater. Here is Daniel who will be wearing it after his birthday party tomorrow.
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    rsedorothy wrote:
    :lol: I always put my alarms outside but one time it was on the garage wall seperated by a low hedge from the front door. The burglar escaped with their brand new Not so Routine Machine.

By the way in case you missed my message on your page, thank you so much for the cute sweater. Here is Daniel who will be wearing it after his birthday party tomorrow.
    screenshot_original.jpg

That's great.
    I was hoping you would have a sim who could use it.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Pump Up The Drama!

Perhaps I've been editing towns, sims, and building too much, but when I sat down to actually play my creations...I just didn't feel like playing. Nothing seemed particularly exciting even though I have these really nice settings, community lots, and homes to play in.

But I forced myself to get the ball rolling.
    (Anyone familiar with my threads, you know what you are in for. :P )

I started playing Melonie...
    Screenshot-2405.jpg

...and Tater. Their storyline was they were going to climb to the top of the celebrity heap and Tater was going to let it go to his head and eventually cheat.
    Screenshot-2406.jpg

Tater is on the music career track, but I wanted him to eventually quit and form his own band.
    Screenshot-2408.jpg

I had him spend time playing in bars in his spare time.
    Screenshot-2410.jpg

Melonie is self-employed as an artist. I wanted her to be a celebrity artist.
    Screenshot-2411.jpg

So Tater is hanging out at another bar, waiting for Melonie to join him, and in walks Dina Caliente...
    Screenshot-2412.jpg

SIMMER WANT DRAMA NOW! :mrgreen:
    Screenshot-2413.jpg

Oh forget about getting to the top of the celebrity heap first. I want to start some mischief. Melonie is on her way to join him at the bar, but I think I will que up some more flirts before she gets there.
    Screenshot-2420.jpg

I forgot how fast Melonie's car is.
    Screenshot-2421.jpg

Hello! :shock:
    Screenshot-2422.jpg

Get away from Dina.
    Screenshot-2423.jpg

"Hey, baby!"
    Screenshot-2424.jpg

I didn't want daggers flying so early.
    Screenshot-2425.jpg

So I got her out of there.
    Screenshot-2426.jpg

And took here to dinner instead since she wanted to dine out.
    Screenshot-2428.jpg

So next day, and a repeat of the same grind, only with Paparazzi nosing about.
    Screenshot-2429.jpg

Melonie received a party invite from Mike, a very good friend. I sent Tater along. Personally, I like seeing Melonie with Mike. They look good on the dance floor. :)
    Screenshot-2430.jpg

Looks like the devious sim gods are with me. Dina was there too. Coincidence or is EA actually seeding the game with drama sub-routines?
    Screenshot-2432.jpg

Yep, this field is ripe for some drama...but this party is Boooring, other than the potential fooling around that I want to build up to.
    Screenshot-2434.jpg

:lol: Put a cork in it, Tater. You will see her later.
    Screenshot-2437.jpg

The next day...Tater wooed Dina at her house.
    Screenshot-2453.jpg

He didn't get to hoo. The walk of shame.
    But fear not Tater, I have a plan.
    Screenshot-2454.jpg

Your secret weapon is back at home.
    Screenshot-2455.jpg

That walk cracks me up.
    Screenshot-2457.jpg

Melonie had some errands to do, coincidentally. :wink:
    Screenshot-2458.jpg

Melonie and Tater moved to Bridgeport from Twinbrook. Just about everything they own was purchased by Melonie, even the Hummer Tater drives. Tater was living in the swamps.
    Screenshot-2460.jpg

The secret weapon: Woohooium. :D
    Screenshot-2461.jpg

How you like me now?
    Screenshot-2462.jpg

Melonie only had one last errand to complete, but the cashier was a no show. Realistically, how long would someone actually sit there and wait. I sent her home to let whatever happens happen.
    Screenshot-2463.jpg

I figured Tater would get caught in the worst time possible.
    Screenshot-2465.jpg

But darn it, that car is really fast. They're still making out.
    Screenshot-2466.jpg

Screenshot-2467.jpg

:?: Spidey senses tingling!
    She knew the moment she stepped in the house. Must have been the noise. :P
    Screenshot-2468.jpg

Screenshot-2470.jpg

Look at that face. I wanted drama,
    I'm about to get it. :twisted:
    Screenshot-2472.jpg

Too bad you really have to force it. I wish there was some kind of way that more dramatic scenarios would bubble up. Not crammed down our throats like opportunities, but not devoid from the game either. I'm working on an idea for the idea section.
    Post edited by CK213 on
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Max Out The Drama!
    That was really entertaining...I demand MORE! :mrgreen:

Fortunately I've already played it out and all that's left is the reporting. :)
    Screenshot-2473.jpg

Ok...now here is where things went horribly wrong for Tater. I was going to have them get over this somewhat, but let Melonie get some revenge by fooling around with Mike.
    Screenshot-2474.jpg

But this nonchalant dismissal so they can carry on...well I didn't care for that. :x
    Screenshot-2476.jpg

What...where are you going?
    You have more backbone than this. :shock:
    Screenshot-2477.jpg

She's freaking out, but she's not going to let it slide.
    Screenshot-2479.jpg

That's more like it. She turned around and went back in.
    Screenshot-2481.jpg

Aww, now I'm feeling guilty. :(
    Screenshot-2483.jpg

Melonie now has a Nemesis...
    Screenshot-2484.jpg

And Tater is getting out of the room for some gueeh-tar time. :P
    Screenshot-2486.jpg

Never take your eyes off your adversary. Dina strikes first.
    Screenshot-2487.jpg

Happy returns...
    Screenshot-2488.jpg

Tater sets it to music.
    Screenshot-2489.jpg

Screenshot-2491.jpg

Those Simfu lessons came in handy.
    Screenshot-2492.jpg

And for good measure...
    Screenshot-2493.jpg

Ouch!
    Screenshot-2494.jpg

Round II
    Screenshot-2496.jpg

You're next.
    Screenshot-2495.jpg

Wow, Dina can't fight at all. That was fast.
    Screenshot-2497.jpg

Time to leave, but this game is really loopy on context. It's a kindly farewell.
    Screenshot-2498.jpg

"See ya. Anytime you want to get angry at your boyfriend, you know who to call."
    Screenshot-2499.jpg

Now, you.
    Screenshot-2503.jpg

Time to turn him into a quivering pile of jello.
    Screenshot-2506.jpg

Unfortunately they are both starving and tired.
    Screenshot-2507.jpg

"I'm not finished with you yet."
    Screenshot-2508.jpg

Get him, Melonie.
    Screenshot-2509.jpg

:shock: Oh, ok, Well despite Simfu lessons, Tater does have a size and muscular advantage.
    Screenshot-2510.jpg

She's extremely tired, so Tater is going to have to wait.
    Screenshot-2512.jpg

And drink coffee, because there is no way he will be able to get in the same bed with her.
    Screenshot-2511.jpg

After getting a little rest, time to determine where this relationship is going.
    Screenshot-2517.jpg

Tater does have a smooth recovery to attempt.
    Screenshot-2515.jpg

Fail.
    Screenshot-2516.jpg

I wish I had an option for her to order him to move out, but I have to do it the boring way. But I do just kick him out into the cold.
    Screenshot-2518.jpg

Later, Tater.
    Screenshot-2522.jpg

Might as well have a cup.
    Screenshot-2523.jpg
    Post edited by CK213 on
  • Options
    TautuxTautux Posts: 23
    edited June 2012
    Wow, I'm so happy that I found this thread!!! I have missed your generation story, but this! This is so amazing!
    And I have some questions:
    There is a free will slider. And you are using it high, medium, low or off?
    Which mods you are using for story progression?
    And finally: how you switch households? You just switch it with edit town and etc, or you copy your master save?
    I hope you understand what I mean, because my English pretty sucks :DD
    Btw, this thread is bookmarked!!!
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Tautux wrote:
    Wow, I'm so happy that I found this thread!!! I have missed your generation story, but this! This is so amazing!
    And I have some questions:
    There is a free will slider. And you are using it high, medium, low or off?
    Which mods you are using for story progression?
    And finally: how you switch households? You just switch it with edit town and etc, or you copy your master save?
    I hope you understand what I mean, because my English pretty sucks :DD
    Btw, this thread is bookmarked!!!

I keep freewill on high.
    I used Twallan's story progression.
    I copy my master save. I used to jump between households a lot, but I do that less now. I mainly switched to another household if I want to influence them to keep them on track with the storyline for my main sims.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    CK here's a "Hi thank you for my new sweater" from Daniel. :D
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Later, Tater

It was cool that all of his inventory went to Melonie. I had to laugh at the contented look on his face though.
    Screenshot-2524.jpg

It's not like he's being totally punished. :P
    Screenshot-2525.jpg

I was curious as to where the game was moving him.
    Screenshot-2527.jpg

It put him here.
    Screenshot-2528.jpg

And gave him a car, I think. :?:
    Screenshot-2529.jpg

When I got back, Melonie was standing by the pool.
    Screenshot-2531.jpg

OK. :lol:
    Screenshot-2533.jpg

Time to hook up with Mike. Mikey seems to prefer the Neo outfit I gave him for fun.
    Screenshot-2536.jpg

Screenshot-2537.jpg

Mikes a musician too. I think I'll change that if and when he moves in.
    Screenshot-2538.jpg

They went to a dance club. Of course he's here. :lol:
    Screenshot-2539.jpg

She did say, Later Tater.
    Screenshot-2541.jpg

Perfect. :twisted:
    Screenshot-2544.jpg

Hey now, this game isn't that violent. :P
    Screenshot-2545.jpg

Walk away.
    Screenshot-2547.jpg

I just like watching these two dance for some reason.
    Screenshot-2549.jpg

Screenshot-2550.jpg

Screenshot-2551.jpg

Oh, poppies! Clubs closing. No time for a good ol' brawl.
    Screenshot-2554.jpg

Yeah, the game did give him a nice car. Goes with his Celeb status I guess.
    Screenshot-2556.jpg

While Mike...gotta work on your wheels Mike.
    Screenshot-2557.jpg

The Club Closing also canceled Melonie's group outing with Mike. Usually the other sim will ride home with my sim anyway. No chance for further romance and she's too tired anyway.
    Screenshot-2558.jpg

Aww, coming home to an empty room. :P
    Screenshot-2561.jpg

And...that's where I left it. Not sure if Mike is "The One" despite his Neo outfit, I might have her date around. I've been playing Melonie for a long time. I think I'm ready for some little Melonies running around.
    eilian wrote:
    Need. More. :lol: Even though I understand why Tater got the boot, he sure is HOT. I have a couple sim girls who'd love a chance to help Melonie's ex mend his broken heart :wink: (love your cc, too!)

He reminds me of Jack Black sometimes. I should give him dark hair.
    Screenshot-62.jpg

I guess I should upload him.
    Post edited by CK213 on
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    rsedorothy wrote:
    CK here's a "Hi thank you for my new sweater" from Daniel. :D
    screenshot_original.jpg

Great. :D
    Too bad he'll grow out of it before we get Autumn weather.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    The next generation will be the one to experience weather. :wink:
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Tater's Place
    Everett wrote:
    That was like watching an episode of Cheaters. :P

And also, if Tater has babies would that make them tots? :XD:

Funny! TaterTots 8)

That is funny. :lol:
    I might take over Tater and have settle down so he can raise some Tater tots.

Melonie gave Tater a visit. I needed to save him to my sim bin so I could upload him.
    Screenshot-2562.jpg

He's in the Hemlocks old apartment now.
    Screenshot-2563.jpg

He's still upset about the breakup.
    Screenshot-2564.jpg

He probably misses living on the hill with the other celebrities. :wink:
    Screenshot-2565.jpg

What the heck are these for? :lol: He looks perplexed.
    Screenshot-2567.jpg

Screenshot-2568.jpg

He should be apologizing, not yelling.
    Screenshot-2569.jpg

:P I didn't make her slap him.
    Screenshot-2570.jpg

That was rude,duh.
    Screenshot-2571.jpg

He escorted her all the way to the ground floor...
    Screenshot-2572.jpg

...to aruge.
    Screenshot-2573.jpg

And she reminded him of his infidelity.
    Screenshot-2575.jpg

She headed back up to his apartment and I got it into my head to do some damgage to his apartment.
    Screenshot-2576.jpg

She's such a tease.
    Screenshot-2577.jpg

Unfortunately Melonie doesn't have any mischief making tactics at her disposal. She can't steal, she can't start fires, she can't plant explosives. She can cook and leave food on the stove...
    Screenshot-2578.jpg

...but Tater stopped her and kicked her out. :roll: I should have did that earlier before he got fed up with her.
    Screenshot-2581.jpg

Well...at least she has his guitar. :thumbup:
    Screenshot-2582.jpg
    Post edited by CK213 on
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    rsedorothy wrote:
    The next generation will be the one to experience weather. :wink:

It will be an awesome year for the sims if true.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Melonie on the Prowl
    :lol: Great story, as always. Looking forward to seeing what happens next.

I didn't intend for it to be an ongoing drama. :lol:
    I was playing, but wasn't taking any pictures.

I had Melonie meet up with Mike at Wayland's haunt. They chatted for a bit behind the the bar and I then had Melonie offer to buy Mike a drink. Mike said fine and said he wanted a regular drink. melonie went in, bought the drink, and then set them on the floor. Mike was gone. :roll: He ditched her.

So I send Melonie home and have her invite over. Mike says he can't. :roll: :roll:
    I switch to Mike's apartment and cheat to raise his energy levels. He was tired. Then I switch back to Melonie to have her call and invite him over. Mike says he's sorry; He's about to go out. ---What?--- :shock: :x :x :x :x :x Auggggh!!!

Now I'm thinking about taking over Mike and making him go visit Melonie, but forget it! Melonie is going out and finding other entertainment.
    Screenshot-2587.jpg

He has a point on the top of his head, but he'll do. Nice tux.
    Screenshot-2588.jpg

This mixologist cracks me up. She just seems like she is knowingly observing everyone.
    Screenshot-2589.jpg

[Shame, shame]
    Screenshot-2590.jpg

So Mike has more important things to do? Well, so does Melonie.
    Screenshot-2591.jpg

He even has more style.
    Screenshot-2592.jpg

Wow, this guy is excited. He's practically cheering.
    Screenshot-2593.jpg

:?: What's your problem?
    Screenshot-2594.jpg

You're an odd one. This all might be a mistake. I checked his traits. He's not an outdoorsy type, unless it's a hidden trait. Ok, they'll take it outside. How about a skinny dip? :twisted:
    Screenshot-2595.jpg

Oh, good grief! Sorry, I didn't take any pics while observing this "Ok, let's skinny dip," guy reveal his inner prude. He freaked as Melonie revealed her goddess attributes in the moonlight. Then he pulled out a book. :?
    Screenshot-2596.jpg

You know what? You can just leave.
    Screenshot-2597.jpg

Cya, you will never know what you had. You just lost it, loser.
    Screenshot-2598.jpg

Men! :lol:
    Screenshot-2599.jpg

Tater is starting to look good again. :P
    Screenshot-2600.jpg

He might have had a wandering eye, but at least that eye liked wandering her way.
    Screenshot-2601.jpg

Maybe I should have him beg and plead to come back. :lol:
    Post edited by CK213 on
  • Options
    SG98SG98 Posts: 821 Member
    edited June 2012
    Loving the thread! Miss your generations story. You still simming?
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Loving the thread! Miss your generations story. You still simming?

Hi,sarahgordon. Nice to see you again.
    I haven't been doing much simming, or building for that matter. I have been playing Skyrim a lot. I haven't done much since the Gothic Glamor set came out in the store. I remodeled the Goth's home, but haven't done much with them since.

The only thing I've done is give them a skeleton cat.
    Screenshot-2793.jpg

Screenshot-2794.jpg

Screenshot-2796.jpg

Screenshot-2797.jpg

Screenshot-2798.jpg

Other than that, I've only been uploading to this thread. I plan on getting the Diesel stuff pack, so I will probably start playing when I get it.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    That's Progress

I'm finally giving Twallan's Story Progression mod a try and I'm testing it out on Melonie's world. :D
    Screenshot-2757.jpg

I sent Melonie to the consignment store to sell her latest paintings. Malcolm Landgraab was there as well as his son and Live-in maid.
    Screenshot-2759.jpg

Of course the live-in maid has no idea that she is a live-in maid and dresses anyway she pleases. :P
    Screenshot-2760.jpg

This is probably why Malcolm just can't help himself. :wink:
    Screenshot-2761.jpg

This was extremely funny to me because while I was playing the Landgraabs back in Sunset Valley I had specifically decided not to have Malcolm fool around with the maid and cheat on his wife, Lisa Bunch-Landgraab. However when I'm not in control everything is up for "grabs", including the live-in maid.
    Screenshot-2762.jpg

This is all making me want to play the Landgraabs now. I haven't played them in a long time.
    Screenshot-2763.jpg

But this is about Melonie. She's a celeb, so I am getting this.
    Screenshot-2764.jpg

I noticed from map view that Tater was having a party. I think crashing it should be much fun and potential for extending the drama.
    Screenshot-2774.jpg

Surprise surprise, all the guests are female. Tater is enjoying the breakup.
    Screenshot-2775.jpg

Typical. The host always goes to bed, but I could pretend he's just worn out from being free and single again.
    Screenshot-2776.jpg

Oh well, might as well take the opportunity to dish dirt about Tater to these ladies.
    Screenshot-2777.jpg

"Yeah, he really did! Ha ha ha ha haha!"
    Screenshot-2778.jpg

But they really don't know him like Melonie does.
    Screenshot-2779.jpg

Another attempt at trying to burn food on his stove.
    Screenshot-2780.jpg

But Tater is just plain alert, in his sleep even.
    Screenshot-2781.jpg

Kicked out again. Darn it. She really needs some devious abilities.
    Screenshot-2782.jpg

"Ok Ladies, where were we?"
    Screenshot-2783.jpg

Well, enough with Tater. It's time for Melonie to move on.
    Screenshot-2784.jpg

She giving Mike another chance. I had her have him move in.
    Screenshot-2788.jpg

Mike is a celebrity too in the Music career track. He had an opportunity to impress another celeb.
    Screenshot-2789.jpg

He couldn't help flirting with her while Melonie was just around the corner. I guess sims just have natural psychic abilities.
    Screenshot-2790.jpg

Time to crack the whip on Mike.
    Screenshot-2791.jpg

She's a brawler. :twisted:
    Screenshot-2794.jpg

Perhaps she's being instructed to just let it burn itself out. Bouncers don't get involved in fights. That's too bad.
    Screenshot-2795.jpg

Melonie wins. That should put Mike in his place.
    Screenshot-2796.jpg

Maybe not. I think Mike is going to need an attitude adjustment if this relationship is going to work.
    Screenshot-2797.jpg

Time for confessing his sins and please, baby, please.
    Screenshot-2798.jpg

Screenshot-2800.jpg

He's tamed for now.
    Screenshot-2801.jpg

And for good measure, lets add a little more commitment.
    Screenshot-2805.jpg

Screenshot-2806.jpg

Screenshot-2808.jpg

Party!
    Screenshot-2811.jpg

I'm glad I made over Jessica Talon. EA had her looking really...rough.
    :P Yeah, I'm talking about you, Jessica.
    Screenshot-2812.jpg

Time to send these two back to the nest...
    Screenshot-2813.jpg

A baby will be the result of this and I'm getting rid of those Flirty traits as soon as they get the reward points and replace them with Family traits. This drama trip has run its course. :)
    Screenshot-2815.jpg
    Post edited by CK213 on