Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The "Non-House" contest calling whatsociallife, and sugarrave. prizes left unclaimed

I have been thinking of doing a contest for quite some time, and today is the day that i start. :) I am open to ideas, feedback, and suggestions, as this is my very first contest done by myself. :)

I havnt seen a contest like this done before, and I think it would be a really great idea! :) Also, I would really really appriciate a sponser or two if anyone is interested. I have 550 points that i have to start out with, and lots of time to rec studios. :)

Now on to the contest

this is my sim Gaia Meadows

Gaia Meadows

screenshot_original.jpg

her traits are;Vegetarian, Green Thumb, Loves The Outdoors, Animal Lover, Eco Friendly

She just moved to sunset valley, and is looking for a place to live, currently she lives at central park. Her biggest problem with all of the houses in town, is that they are all HOUSES.. she doesnt want to live in a house, and be hindered by walls, they make her feel caged in, she cant get all the fresh air that she needs, or the awesome buff that she gets when she is outdoors.

Your challenge is to build her a non-house, an outdoor living area with all the amenities of a house. Which means that her bedroom, bathroom, and every "room" imaginable must be an out-door room. Everywhere that she goes on her lot, she must be able to have the "out doors" buff, (i forgot what it was called, lol) Please be creative, play around with terrain level, and paints, play around with creating "natural" rooms with plants, fences and pergolas.

Walls are permited, as long as the walls dont close to make a room. :)

Comments

• godshelpiogodshelpio Posts: 1,675 Member
    edited July 2012
    Rules:

:!:I am sure this goes without saying, but your entry must be your own creation.

:!:no third party cc please, that includes CAP patterns, sorry but i dont want them in my computer.

:!:no t-moble, or dr pepper items, i dont have any of that stuff.

:!:all free downloadable store content is welcome!

:!:If you choose to use store content in your entry, please take pictures of it, There are a lot of things from the store that i dont have, and cant afford.

:!:I have all EP's, but dont have all the SP's, I dont have Townlife, or Mastersuite. and dont plan on buying The next two released either. so please try to stay away from those.

:!:please take atleast 3 pictures of your entry, but no more than 10, you may post a slideshow if you wish.

:!:please dont quote images, or entire posts, i dont want this thread to break.

:!:all building cheats are allowed, such as CFE and MOO.

:!:The lot must be built on 53 Waterfall Way. it is the residentual lot that is right next to the waterfall in Sunset Vally.

:!:there is no price limit

:!: **All entries can be edited/revised even after being turned in, up until june 25th. However, after that what you have turned in, must stay that way. That way I still have time to play, and test out your entries.**

:!: **All participants are allowed to enter TWO entries, However, you may only win once. The entry with the highest score will be your winning entry, if you win.**

:!:Contest ends on July 1st, but due to work, i may not anounce a winner till the next day or so.

:mrgreen: BE CREATIVE, AND HAVE FUN!! :mrgreen:

Score chart:

50 possible score

1. functionality- 10
    2. Meets Gaia's requirements- 10
    3. Layout- 10
    4. Over all look- 10
    5. Wow factor- 10

Prizes:

Prizes will NOT get smaller, but may get bigger.

prize pool at 5,000 now! Thankyou!

1st place, 2,ooo pts- gifted by roundheaded (ty ♥)
    2nd place, 1,250 pts- gifted by roundheaded (ty ♥)
    3rd place, 800 pts- gifted by roundheaded (ty ♥)
    4th place, 500 pts- gifted by Me
    5th place, 250 pts- gifted by roundheaded (ty ♥)

1. honorable mention 50- gifted by me
    2. honorable mention 50- gifted by rumbutter (ty ♥)
    3. honorable mention 50- gifted by rumbutter (ty ♥)
    4. honorable mention 50- gifted by roundheaded (ty ♥)
    5. honorable mention 50- gifted by me
    6. honorable mention 50- gifted by me

1. door prize 25- by me
    2. door prize 25- by me
    3. door prize 25- by me

Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited July 2012
    :wink: = maybe/interested
    :D = entered
    :mrgreen: = finished
    :!: = Found CC, or something else not permited
    :cry: = dropped out
    :evil: = kicked out

Entries:

:wink: Gesshoku_sama
    :wink: Simmer3Deluxe
    :mrgreen: Agnezawars link
    :wink: vampanda
    :wink: illusie
    :D Marcool1790
    :mrgreen: Bethymai link
    :D Morakai
    :mrgreen: whatsociallife link
    :mrgreen: ciane link
    :mrgreen: SugarRave link
    :mrgreen: romagi1 link
    :mrgreen: mschumann link
    :mrgreen: Sandraelle link
    :mrgreen: Mmdrgntobldrgn link
    :mrgreen: onigirilover link
    :!: sam271 **Need link**
    :mrgreen: iamtheborg link
    :mrgreen: annin7 link
    :mrgreen: Sapphire96 link
    :mrgreen: Wildrrose link
    edited July 2012
    WINNERS!!!

First I would like to thank Msrednotdead very very much! Without you I might not have been able to finish this contest. So thank you, very much! you really stepped up and saved the day! :)

And in honor of our contest hero, I would like to make sure that everyone who entered in this contest gets a little something. So instead of 4 honorable mentions, there are now 6. and 2 door prizes.

Here is what you all have been waiting for!!

1.Annin7 2000 sp
    2. Agnezawars 1,250sp
    3. Whatsociallife 800sp
    4. Onigirilover 500 sp
    5. Romagi1 250 sp

Honorable mentions in no particular order,

1. Caine 50sp
    2. wildrose 50sp
    3. Mmdrgntobldrgn 50sp
    4. Sandraelle 50sp
    5. Mschumann 50sp
    6. SugarRave 50sp

Door prizes. :)

1. Bethymai 25 sp
    2. iamtheborg 25 sp
    3. Sapphire96 25 sp
    edited June 2012
    Sponsers:

rumbutter 100 simpoints ~ THANK YOU! ~ :mrgreen:

roundheaded 4350 simpoints ~ THANK YOU! ~ :mrgreen:
    edited May 2012
    just a small bump to let you all know it is safe to post. :)
  • rumbutterrumbutter Posts: 3,756 Member
    edited May 2012
    good luck with the contest i can sponser you 100 simpoints to use as you wish ( wish it was more )
    edited May 2012
    rumbutter wrote:
    good luck with the contest i can sponser you 100 simpoints to use as you wish ( wish it was more )

Thank you so much, any amount is greatly appriciated. :)
  • rumbutterrumbutter Posts: 3,756 Member
    edited May 2012
    godshelpio wrote:
    rumbutter wrote:

Thank you so much, any amount is greatly appriciated. :)

thank you and your welcome :)
  • PsychoChick966PsychoChick966 Posts: 1,792 Member
    edited May 2012
    Congrats on jumping out there with your first contest! I think this is a fabulous idea. Months ago, I created a Sim that this was exactly what I was going to make for her. I love the pergola in your pics, and in-fact have a ton of pictures like that stored for inspiration. I'd love to enter your contest, but I can't since I don't have access to a computer right now. I hope you get a lot of other people interested in it too. I'd love to see what everyone creates. Good luck with everything. :-)
    edited May 2012
    @PsychoChick966 Thank you :) I hope you get your computer soon. I dont know what i would do if i couldnt play my sims.. haha, i am hooked. as it stands, my computer is pretty out-dated right now for the game. It is constantly freezing/lagging. I have pretty much given up on posting house building videos due to it. Soon I hope to get a new comp though. I cant take credit for the pergola, or the outdoor bathroom pic, i snagged them off of Google. lol. I too hope to get some more interest in this contest, I really think it would be a fun build. I know there are a lot of people out there who say they arnt good at building houses and such, I think this would be a great contest for them, since technicly, there is no acctual building required. lol.
  • PsychoChick966PsychoChick966 Posts: 1,792 Member
    edited May 2012
    godshelpio wrote:
    @PsychoChick966 Thank you :) I hope you get your computer soon. I dont know what i would do if i couldnt play my sims.. haha, i am hooked. as it stands, my computer is pretty out-dated right now for the game. It is constantly freezing/lagging. I have pretty much given up on posting house building videos due to it. Soon I hope to get a new comp though. I cant take credit for the pergola, or the outdoor bathroom pic, i snagged them off of Google. lol. I too hope to get some more interest in this contest, I really think it would be a fun build. I know there are a lot of people out there who say they arnt good at building houses and such, I think this would be a great contest for them, since technicly, there is no acctual building required. lol.

I hear ya. Being without my Sims is slowly driving me bananas. It is as hard as you'd think it would be, to not be able to play. :( I won't be able to get a new computer for a while, so this is really testing my strength and patience! Anyway, it will be so exciting for you to play on a computer that doesn't lag and freeze! That will be quite the occasion the first time this happens. I remember when it happened to me. I'd think in advance, "Oh, now I'll have to wait forever because...." and what do you know, but NO lag or freeze! Man that was awesome! Now I didn't have anything like a gaming computer, or desktop, but my laptop was pretty good and I could play the game without those troubles. So, hopefully one day I'll get something like it again.

Your contest, and Sky's deco contest are two that I would have entered exactly for the reason you just stated. I am not great at building (but getting better), and am ungodly slow at it. So something like this would have been so much easier for me. Plus, again, I had thought about it for one of my Sims, so I really am interested in how this comes out. Maybe tomorrow you'll get alot more traffic in here to see this, and quite a few entries. My fingers are crossed for you. :-)
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited May 2012
    Good luck with the contest! I'd enter,but I'm out of creative juices.
  • AgnezawarsAgnezawars Posts: 783 Member
    edited May 2012
    I love nature and this is a great chalenge.One qestion-how big must be the lot? Good luck :-)
    edited May 2012
    Agnezawars wrote:
    I love nature and this is a great chalenge.One qestion-how big must be the lot? Good luck :-)

I cant believe i forgot to mention that.. lol thank you for asking. :mrgreen: I updated the rules, the lot i would like this built on is the waterfall lot in sunset valley. I believe that particular lot would be the very best for this type of build. :)

I also added that there is no price limit.
  • VamPandaVamPanda Posts: 6,226 New Member
    edited May 2012
    This is a really cool idea!

I am going to bookmark this thread, because i would like to enter but i may not have time.

Good luck!
  • illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    edited May 2012
    That sounds like so much fun, but sadly I won´t have time for it.
    edited May 2012
    I have changed the date from june 15th, to July 1st. :) I am willing to make other changes if needed. I really want this contest stick around and have some entries. lol ;) Please any feedback you guys can give me, i would appriciate.
  • VamPandaVamPanda Posts: 6,226 New Member
    edited May 2012
    godshelpio wrote:
    I have changed the date from june 15th, to July 1st. :) I am willing to make other changes if needed. I really want this contest stick around and have some entries. lol ;) Please any feedback you guys can give me, i would appriciate.

Oh thats great, in that case im 90% sure I can do it! I have done some outside type things before so i am pretty confident that it wont take me forever to complete lol
  • illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    edited May 2012
    godshelpio wrote:

In that case I might be able to enter anyway, thanks for changing it!
  • roundheadedroundheaded Posts: 873 New Member
    edited May 2012
    I will sponsor a 1000sp :) Look forward to cool entries, good luck to all participants :D
    edited May 2012
    I will sponsor a 1000sp :) Look forward to cool entries, good luck to all participants :D

Oh my gosh, thank you so so much! :mrgreen:
  • Marcool1790Marcool1790 Posts: 673 Member
    edited May 2012
    i would love to enter, this is kinda funny because i had the idea in my head that fits your contest that i was thinking of doing for lizes contest, well instead i will enter yours. i will have my enter ready as soon as possible. :D
  • BethymaiBethymai Posts: 2,121 Member
    edited May 2012
    I would love to enter if I can find time :mrgreen: Sounds brilliant! :D
  • MorakaiMorakai Posts: 3,806 Member
    edited May 2012
    I am terrible at building! So, I might be able to do this... However, I am going to tell ya that I will gravitate toward the Fairy Folk stuff from the store. THey would work so perfectly! Lemme see what happens with mine first... Might actually try this one out! :D
    edited May 2012
    Morakai wrote:
    I am terrible at building! So, I might be able to do this... However, I am going to tell ya that I will gravitate toward the Fairy Folk stuff from the store. THey would work so perfectly! Lemme see what happens with mine first... Might actually try this one out! :D

I acctually do have that set, however my computer hasnt been the best laitly, i have had to uninstall a LOT of store content because of lag issues. I am perfectly fine with the use of store sets, so long as there are pictures taken of them, that way i can see how you would like your lot to be, rather than some ugly replacement the game decides to put in, lol.