Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My VISA credit card invalid? OH NO WAY!

Sooo, I was trying nonstop to buy the 5000 Simpoints bundle with my VISA since two hours ago, and now I'm almost die. Everytime I click Next after entering my Visa information, the site says "The information you've provided is invalid. Please check the red box (or whatever)." I checked number by number, and it's correct. I'm craving for Simpoints!!! :O

Oh, and I'm new here. So, hello! :)

Comments

• Brianna123Brianna123 Posts: 351 Member
    edited May 2012
    Have you made sure you are entering the correct card type, expiration date and security code? Sorry if it seems obvious, but I just purchased sim points and had no problems.
  • MrHaricotsMrHaricots Posts: 5
    edited May 2012
    Yeah, I entered all things correctly. I tried for 2 hours, so I would notice any mistake if there is..
  • ChrSm203ChrSm203 Posts: 60 Member
    edited May 2012
    This has happened to me before. Try buying simpoints through Origin instead of the Sims store site.
  • schattendiebschattendieb Posts: 78 Member
    edited May 2012
    ChrSm203 wrote:
    This has happened to me before. Try buying simpoints through Origin instead of the Sims store site.
    You would lose 1000 Simpoints that way or any other bonus Simpoints which you only get in the Store.

I'm also having trouble to buy Simpoints. It will except neither of my two CreditCards (one Visa, one MasterCard) nor can I buy Simpoints through Paypal. I always get a redirection to Step 2 and an error message with the CreditCards (System error occured. Try again later.). And I know some other who have trouble too.

I hope they fix this soon whatever this is.
  • HessethRanHessethRan Posts: 1,522 Member
    edited May 2012
    You might want to call your credit card company and ask if there are any pending charges from the Sims store, after all the times you went through the process. This won't help you with the simpoints issue, but I hope they aren't blocking funds on your card without a successful charge.

Secondly, I would second buying from Origin. It's true that you'll get a smaller bundle, but at least you won't have issues with your purchase. Log out and back in and your points will show up.

By the way, the error message is something my friend has experienced as well a while ago, so it's on-going.
    My Origin ID: RoseElsing
  • MrHaricotsMrHaricots Posts: 5
    edited May 2012
    How come the Simpoints bundle price is different in Origin and in the Store? Ridiculous... :evil:
  • dash3001dash3001 Posts: 639 Member
    edited May 2012
    Happened to me before. Wait a few days or so. I would call the credit card company as well. Because you keep trying to put the transaction through, a fraud alert may have popped up on your Visa's end, which is stopping the transaction. Once I cleared it through them, I was able to get my points.
  • stormwenchstormwench Posts: 4,416 New Member
    edited May 2012
    Make sure that you have put in your expiration date the way the form wants you to. If I remember correct you have to put the whole year on, not just the last 2 digits of the year that your card expires on.

Make sure the address you are using in the sims account is the same as the billing address for your card. Many people move and their address changes with the bank but don't realize that they need to update the address in their sims account also.

If, after calling your credit card company or, if a debit card, your bank and if they tell you there is noting wrong with your card/account then you should click Help in the main menu. That will take you to Origin support. Then click on the "talk to a Game Advisor" button.

Choose the call back option so a live support person can call you back and help you with this problem.