Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Launcher won't log in, gives me Liam.

ivinianivinian Posts: 1,957 Member
Ever since the last patch, my Launcher works only sporadically. It opens fine and will download stuff from the Store fine. It installs things put in the Downloads folder fine. But it won't let me log in. The "Welcome" tab only shows Liam.

My specs:
Mac, OSX 10.6.8
Fully updated computer.
Fully patched game, all EPs.
Firefox and Chrome browsers.
Absolutely no CC, not even CAP patterns.
Twallan mods in the Packages/Mods folder

Steps I've taken to try to fix this:
Clearing cache and DCBackup (minus ccmerged) in my Sims 3 folder.
Removing the Downloads and Exports folders so it'll force the game to recreate them.
Clearing private data in Firefox and Chrome and logging in to Origin.com from each browser before launching my game. (Obviously I can't use Origin itself as it's Windows-only, the standard fix for this issue apparently.)

Reason I think this is a Mac issue and not a connection-speed issue or whatever:
I run TS3 on both a PC and a Mac off the same cable modem, and the PC logs in just fine with the Launcher.

Any other ideas I can try, or is this an EA-side issue?

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Options
    CatvanderMiauCatvanderMiau Posts: 38 Member
    edited May 2012
    I can't give you an answer unfortunately, but I keep having the same problem (if by Liam you are referring to the guy with the glasses saying "OOps, can't process your request.")
    I think it's a Mac problem, because the same thing happens when I try to access the sims3 webpage on Safari. I can access it fine on GoogleChrome and Firefox, just Safari giving me problems... and it's also sporadic. I have been able to log in and upload content to the website, but for the last couple of days it just won't login, so I'm stuck and can't upload picture to write a story. Sucks. I miss the Sims2 photoalbum method!!
  • Options
    broad_abroadbroad_abroad Posts: 18
    edited May 2012
    I've been in the same situation for the last few months. Stoopid Liam. Was going good and able to sign in from the Launcher for the last week or so - then yesterday...Ooops!

I love my Mac. Also love the Sims. Really really don't like how the Sims "runs" on my Mac. I've found no solution to the Launcher connection issue I am sorry to say.

*sigh*
  • Options
    ivinianivinian Posts: 1,957 Member
    edited May 2012
    Well, my game crashed to desktop a couple days ago on the Mac--my fault for not saving often enough, I guess. I deleted cache and the backup folder, emptied trash (had to reboot as it thought several of the cache files were still in use), and when I rebooted and restarted, presto I could log in again. So far so good. I have no clue why deleting cache and backup didn't work before, but did this time. Craziness.