Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

bizarre cause of lag/freeze issue - 1st post updated 8/26/13

1121314151618...Next

Comments

• Options
    friend_in_handfriend_in_hand Posts: 68 Member
    > @amjoie said:
    > EDITED to add summary and note about greenhouse trellis spawners -- original post is below summary list and re-edited to add two more items to the list, plus CAW caution.
    >
    > PLEASE read the entire thread for very important details, including how to fix or avoid problems.
    >

I have to say, thankyou for posting this guide, and extend a huge thanks to everyone else who has shared their suggestions in the thread.

So it seems, the EA worlds must be treated with the utmost care... if something is done, it must be done with the utmost forethought and research!

All these things truly do make a difference -- My first Sims3 world ended up taking an hour and half to load. Then I took heed suggestions, and know what? I have just an awesome a world but the novvie mistakes have not been made. IT LOADS IN TWO MINUTES FLAT.

There is the chance of 'repairing' a game gone awry, but it involves moving worlds (even if you intend to move back to the world you left).

As with moves in real life, it entails a great deal of planning and precaution. Save a copy of your family, save a copy of your present house, and save a copy of the house and family together, save any venues you have built, save houses you have built, and if you're like me, you would have already saved every member of your family to the bin as soon as they reached the YA stage.

If you own real estate or venues, make sure to sell up before you save, and before you leave town- Reason being, ideally you're not going to be moving the family you're playing to another town and then back, you're going to be moving the family you're playing to another town and then STARTING A NEW GAME in your preferred town, and adding your saved family into the NEW GAME.

This is the only way I know of to completely regenerate and 'fix up' a broken world.

It's not that bad - Lots that have become available since you've installed EPs usually get automatically installed (even into SSV which is a tricky one to find space for these things in); a word of warning though, having a good idea of what upgrades you've done to the inbuilt world venues previously makes it so much easier when you purchase them again and upgrade all over again (which you'll need to do).

Anywho, bravo everyone in this thead who has contributed, GO TEAM SIMS!

Just remember -- Treat EA worlds and their inhabitants with a feather touch. There are lots of edits you CAN do, but so many of those are ones you SHOULDN'T.
    WET PAINT
  • Options
    friend_in_handfriend_in_hand Posts: 68 Member
    Oh yeah, be prepared to lose family ties and friends ties to anyone who isn't in the household you move/save. It's a shame, then again sort of liberating.

As long as they're saved to the bin, you'll be able to have them back in some shape or form in any case.

As a side note, it's an amazing experience, almost like taking a 'wayback machine' and going back into the past but viewing it with new eyes, when you place your family of years back into a new game world. All the characters and houses that you never took note of or only briefly interacted with are there, waiting to go, and you've got that much more of an insight.

You might even be able to go and find a new (but dated) copy of your family home, as it first appeared - If you've saved your house and moved it into the new game, there are gonna be two versions of the same house - Your modded out one and the old-new original one!
    WET PAINT

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top