Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sky’s Interior Design Challenge 1 - Closed - Winner Posted

12346...Next

Comments

• SkymystSkymyst Posts: 3,888 Member
    edited May 2012
    stikystuff wrote:
    My link is a-ok. How many rounds are there out of interest? Or is it a surprise? :D Looking forward to the next round, thanks for hosting. Good luck everybody x

My goal is to go till I am sick of it or till I have run out of ideas for you to remodel. I have been running new contests since June of 2011 so if I keep it up it could be a lot of round ;)
  • JustLiz87JustLiz87 Posts: 1,074 Member
    edited May 2012
    My link works! Thanks. Can't wait to hear the results and to find out what the next challenge is!
  • LilgirlShadowLilgirlShadow Posts: 1,302 Member
    edited May 2012
    My link works :D I wonder what the next challenge will be? I can't wait! I love your contests,Thanks for hosting them :D
  • stikystuffstikystuff Posts: 2,939 Member
    edited May 2012
    Skymyst wrote:
    stikystuff wrote:
    My link is a-ok. How many rounds are there out of interest? Or is it a surprise? :D Looking forward to the next round, thanks for hosting. Good luck everybody x

My goal is to go till I am sick of it or till I have run out of ideas for you to remodel. I have been running new contests since June of 2011 so if I keep it up it could be a lot of round ;)

*dances with excitement*
  • PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member
    edited May 2012
    My link is good. Thanks again for taking the time to host this fun little contest!
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

edited May 2012
    Just an update Bandcampsquirrel is going to try to get me her results tonight but she has plans for this weekend so it might not be till Monday or Tuesday when I am able to post the results - but they shouldn't be any later than that.
    edited May 2012
    good luck everybody x
    edited May 2012
    Winners

Ok, both of my judges were able to help so scores could be up to 60 points (20 points for each judge). Thanks to both Bandcampsquirrel and Weenip for helping me judge this contest. You can see your total score beside your name along with a bit about my opinion on your entries.

As always thanks for entering - And remember to post links to wishlist and such for people you want gifted. Thanks all - I hope to have round two posted for signed ups by tomorrow sometime.

1st Place - 400 + 100 = 500 Points - Stikystuff (Score 51) - Wonderful presentation; Prefect use of Sims point of view doing the design. Very subtle tones used made me think of a nice soothing setting. (Sponsor - Blythe)

2nd Place - 300 + 100 = 400 Points - Whatsociallife (Score 50)- I love the sheer design of this room! The neatness of the entire layout with the in-lay shelves and the kid friendly patterns. Had there been a tad more detail on the design of the room in the eyes of the Sim designer this house would have gotten perfect scores from me. (Sponsor - Mudmittens1)

3nd Place - 200 + 100 = 300 Points - Wensimmie (Score 46) - I loved the story on your design and you have great screenshots. Was a nice mix of kid patterns with woods that made the room very pleasant to look at. (Sponsor - Blythe)

4nd Place - 100 + 100 = 200 Points - PallyPoo (Score 41) - This nursery has a nice mix of colors; loved the recolored funtirue - wish there had been more details on the design of the room from the Sims point of view. (Sponsor - Blythe)

5th Place - 10th Place - Each of you have 100 Points Each to Spend

JustLiz87 (Score 40) - Loved the bright greens and how you added a much calming color to help mellow it out some to make it not to over the top. Decent job given details on the design as well. (Sponsor - Mudmittens1)

Zulie234 (Score 39) - I loved the explanation as you explained why you used everything in the room, I would have like to see a different color to help contrast with the yellow so the room was not so overwhelmingly yellow but overall I think this was a nice design job. (Sponsor - Me) (BANKED TILL NEXT ROUND)

Agnezawers (Score 32) - Very nice take on trying to mix both boy colors and girl colors. Very nice screenshot; with the use of butterflies it made it feel more like a girls room to me but I think it was a great effort on trying to combine all of the colors into one neutral color scheme. (Sponsor - Me)

Lilgirlshadow (Score 30) - Very unique take on a nursery! I like that the entire room was not done in the blocks, the one wall gave enough to make the room pop without being overwhelming. Which you would have talked a bit more about the design and why you picked what you picked. (Sponsor - Me)

Gr1zzly(Score 29) - Wonderful job with a contrast of bright colors and woods. I loved the bright colored that were used in this room. I just wished there was more details on the overall design. (Sponsor - Me) (GIFTED)

3Trees (Score 18) - You did not use an entry form, nor did you put anything down for any type of explanation on your design which is why you had such low scores from all three of the judges. (Sponsor - Me)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • gr1zzlygr1zzly Posts: 7,566 Member
    edited May 2012
    Gift my winnings to Joolster.

This user has multiple item on his/her WL.

http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Joolster

Thanks.
  • BinskyBinsky Posts: 4,263 Member
    edited May 2012
    congrats, y'all!! Everybody was amazing, and thank you so much for the feedback! I love doing contests and getting feedback, it really helps me out a lot, so thank you so much for that!

I will "bank" my SP for now, I can't wait for the next challenge!
    edited May 2012
    gr1zzly wrote:

Thanks.

She has been gifted.
    edited May 2012
    I did just read that right? I won 1st? :shock: :shock: :shock:
    edited May 2012
    Congrats to all the winners! Everyone did such a great job!

Stikystuff - Congrats on winning first! Your entry was great, and I am so glad you won! I hope this is a boost in confidence for you!

I would like to "bank" my winnings b/c I will be entering Challenge 2.

• wensimmiewensimmie Posts: 1,750 Member
    edited May 2012
    stikystuff wrote:
    I did just read that right? I won 1st? :shock: :shock: :shock:
    Congrats Stiky!!! YOU deserve it. I love your closet and color theme :)
  • JoolsterJoolster Posts: 6,417 Member
    edited May 2012
    gr1zzly wrote:

Thanks.

That was unexpected, thank you for kindly donating your winnings to me and congrats everyone else. :D
  • wensimmiewensimmie Posts: 1,750 Member
    edited May 2012
    Congrats to all the winners and thanks Skymyst and the sponsors for hosting such a fun contest. I'm planning on entering Contest #2, so if you can bank my winnings that would be super!

edited May 2012
    cheers guys :mrgreen:

Could I bank mine if that is possible as I'm not sure what to get/gift yet, I'll be entering challenge 2.

Well done everyone I love these make overs!
  • 3TREES3TREES Posts: 1,964 Member
    edited May 2012
    Whoopsies. I forgot an entry form and an explanation lol Can you just bank it for next round please. This time I will be sure to post an entry form lol So sorry about that.
    edited May 2012
    Everyone's points have been bank and you did all did a great job on the first challenge - I hope no one was offended by any of my feedback I tried to mix in what feedback I was given from Weenip and Bandcamp as well - and most of you asked for feedback - I really hate given it but since so many of you asked for it I wanted you to have something to work with.

I loved all of the entries they were unique in their own right!
  • PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member
    edited May 2012
    Congrats to everyone!

I'd like to bank mine too.

Thanks!
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

edited May 2012
    skymyst - I really appreciate the feedback. It definitely will help me improve my own decorating skills and my next entry in your contest! Thanks for taking the time to write that out for all of us!
    edited May 2012
    I'd like to join for round 2 if that's ok.
    edited May 2012
    Joolster wrote:
    I'd like to join for round 2 if that's ok.

There is a round 2 thread about somewhere...woo kitty join us! :twisted:
    edited May 2012
    Oh, can you link it? I only found this one.
    edited May 2012
    Ok, I believe I have everyone down for banking their points for now but Gr1zzly who was gifted.

I am still waiting to hear from Agnezawers and Lilgirlshadow regarding what they wish to do with their points.

I am glad some of you are happy to get feedback - as I said it was not all from me but I took comments the other two judges had given me and added that in so everyone had an idea of why scores were done they way they were done. There was no penalty for anyone who role-played their Designer Sim meeting the Keaton's or those who did not meet them. If you went into details about why you picked the colors/patterns furniture ect regarding your design job you got full or almost full points for explanation of details.

The main thing we were looking for is explaining your design from your Sim designer point of view. So for any of you going into round two if you look at examples of how some of the others explained their design in round one (such as Stikystuff, Wensimmie, Zulie234 are all great examples) many of you can get higher scores.

For anyone interested in signing up or just checking out challenge 2 - you can find it here
    > http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/540739.page