Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sky’s Interior Design Challenge 1 - Closed - Winner Posted

Comments

• SkymystSkymyst Posts: 3,888 Member
    edited May 2012
    Ill help you judge if you need another one :wink:

You know I always enjoy your help judging!
  • bandcampsquirrelbandcampsquirrel Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited May 2012
    Skymyst wrote:
    Ill help you judge if you need another one :wink:

You know I always enjoy your help judging!

Sounds great, :mrgreen: although you made my head swell so bad now I cant wear my hat.. :wink:
  • LolllimoewmoLolllimoewmo Posts: 797 New Member
    edited May 2012
    This looks fun!! :) Will definitely be entering

Simmers Name: Lolllimoewmo
    Name of Sim You Will Be Using For This Challenge: Charlotte Sinclair
    Link to Sim: (Optional) ~
    edited May 2012
    Blythe has offered up 1000 points for this round - so lets be sure to thank her and Mudmittens1 for their sponsor. I will have new prize scales up when I post the challenge I want to wait and see how many people sign up before I decided how many places to add/points per place.
  • JustLiz87JustLiz87 Posts: 1,074 Member
    edited May 2012
    I would like to sign up, but I am on my Nook Color, so I will upload my sim later.

Simmer's Name: JustLiz87

Sim: Laila Blythe
  • AgnezawarsAgnezawars Posts: 783 Member
    edited May 2012
    Great idea Sky ! :)

Name : Agnezawars
    Sim name: Nina Arti
    Link :http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5721206
    edited May 2012
    I will get the newest people added to the list in just a little while; for now I wanted to let everyone know there is still about a day and a half left in the sign up phrase and then we will move on to the challenge!
    edited May 2012
    Ok everything has been updated; there is about 3 hours left for sign-ups for anyone still interested in entering.

I will post the challenge tomorrow for all to work on and there will be seven days to get your one room remodeled.
  • SmilzPrettySmilzPretty Posts: 5,143 Member
    edited May 2012
    So I can use a different sim, if I wanted, for each round? If so I think you should post the style of remodel at sign ups. (not to tell you how to run your contest) I'm just saying because if it's a modern remodel I don't want to use my down home country sim with a traditional view. I would want to use my city girl sim with the modern view.

Anyway I would like to sign up and use Dia Chun (I think that's her name :oops: , I'll make sure later, I just don't want to miss sign ups)
    GznnJ.gif <--- Click (right clicking doesn't count as a click)
    Acts 20:35- it IS more blessed to give than to receive
    edited May 2012
    So I can use a different sim, if I wanted, for each round? If so I think you should post the style of remodel at sign ups. (not to tell you how to run your contest) I'm just saying because if it's a modern remodel I don't want to use my down home country sim with a traditional view. I would want to use my city girl sim with the modern view.

Anyway I would like to sign up and use Dia Chun (I think that's her name :oops: , I'll make sure later, I just don't want to miss sign ups)

How do you know part of the challenge is not making your Down Home Contry Sim Redesign Something with a Modern Twist? Or getting the goth chic to do up a pink room?

And, I am adding you to the list now. 15 Mins left in for sign-ups.
    edited May 2012
    Skymyst wrote:

How do you know part of the challenge is not making your Down Home Contry Sim Redesign Something with a Modern Twist? Or getting the goth chic to do up a pink room?

And, I am adding you to the list now. 15 Mins left in for sign-ups.

Like a country modern :shock: I guess that would be different. :lol: It's not a big deal just something I thought about 8) . It's your contest so if I have to a country modern or pink goth :? I will! :mrgreen: and thank you. :D can't wait to get started.

Edit: her name is correct
    edited May 2012
    Sign-Ups Are Now Closed - Challenge 1 is Now Posted! I Hope You All Have Fun!

As always let me know if I missed anything!
    edited May 2012
    Posting here for easy Access......

CHALLENGE #1 - The Nursery

Sky’s Stunning Designs is a new and upcoming Interior Design firm that is asking for your help. Marty and Justine Keaton are having a baby! They had very little funds to get the nursery started with so it is very bare and not at all flashy. However as a surprise gift Justine’s mom is sending the two on a surprise trip for the weekend; while she secretly redoes the baby’s nursery.

Your job is to turn this plain and boring room into an amazing nursery! You have $2500 to spend to help you make whatever changes are needed and are welcome to use anything else you can find already in the room. The gender of the baby is still unknown.

screenshot_original.jpg

Rules

~All XP, Stuff Packs Ect Are Allowed.
    ~Address for house is Keaton – 86 Landgrabb Ave. Low Fat Ranch 2 bd. 1 bth. In Sunset Valley.
    ~Try not to use CC to be fair to all.
    ~Try to stay in the $2500 budget but this round you are not required to upload anything so no CC and cash limits are all going to be done on faith and honesty.
    ~Upload at least 2 screenshots of your room. Judging is done this round based on pics so make them look good.

Entry Form
    Simmer:
    Sims Name:
    Details of How You Did Your Design Job:
    ScreenShots:

Judging Scores

1 – 10 Appearance of Room
    1 – 5 Explaining how your Sims did the design in the eyes of the Sim you picked.
    1 – 5 Bonus/WOW Factor
    20 Points Total

Prizes

15 People Signed Up – Everyone who finishes This Round Will Get 100 Points Just For Finishing It Plus (1500 Points Total)

1st Place – 300 Sim Points
    2nd Place - 200 Sim Points
    edited May 2012
    One thing, can we change the door and windows? Also can we add walls?
  • gr1zzlygr1zzly Posts: 7,566 Member
    edited May 2012
    Is store stuff allowed?
    edited May 2012
    One thing, can we change the door and windows? Also can we add walls?

Yes you can change windows and walls but you can not remove any walls already in place.
    edited May 2012
    gr1zzly wrote:
    Is store stuff allowed?

Any store: t-mobile and Dr. Pepper are allowed.
  • BinskyBinsky Posts: 4,263 Member
    edited May 2012
    If, when we are taking the budget into account, when we get rid of something, does tht add to the value, or does it just not matter?
  • stikystuffstikystuff Posts: 2,939 Member
    edited May 2012
    Zulie234 wrote:
    If, when we are taking the budget into account, when we get rid of something, does tht add to the value, or does it just not matter?

I'd like to know this too working on my build now but the dresser I want to use is like 700 on its own. :shock:

got rid of the dresser - changed my mind.

I'm on 3194 if we are taking into account the items we get rid of in the first place. Might have to take another look see if I can take something out.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • gr1zzlygr1zzly Posts: 7,566 Member
    edited May 2012
    Do we evict the Keaton's and move our sim in?
    edited May 2012
    Zulie234 wrote:

Yep, anything you sell adds to your budget.
    edited May 2012
    gr1zzly wrote:
    Do we evict the Keaton's and move our sim in?

If it makes it easier for you to work on the room you can but you should not need to.
  • MadiCullenMadiCullen Posts: 1,115
    edited May 2012
    It seems like I missed the last sign up date by one day :lol: I will be lurking...Happy decorating everyone :mrgreen:
  • Marcool1790Marcool1790 Posts: 673 Member
    edited May 2012
    EDIT: i see i missed it too, never mind. have a great time everyone :):):);)
  • stikystuffstikystuff Posts: 2,939 Member
    edited May 2012
    CHALLENGE #1 - The Nursery

Simmer: stikystuff
    stikyhat.jpg
    Sims Name: Ailbe Quinn
    Ailbequinn.jpg

Ailbe Quinn - coming from a large family myself I couldn't wait to get started on the Keaton's nursery. I did have a phone conversation with Justine's mum - lovely lady, who informed me that they had decided to keep the gender of their new arrival as a surprise. I was also told to use whatever items I could use within the room but to make sure to keep the chair since it was an item given to the Keaton's on their wedding day.

When I first visited I noticed that the Keaton's had already started work on the nursery but their sense of style left a lot to be desired. I quickly noted the items that I could use. The chair, although old would be serviceable with a bit of padding and a new cover it would have a new lease of life. The crib I noticed still had its sales tag on it and although from a discount store would look fabulous with a bit of paint and fabric. As I looked around the room I noticed three identical lamps, why would anyone need that many in one room? My eyes were draw up and I realised there was no overhead lighting. Lucky my brother Shawn is an electrician by trade so after a brief word with him he agreed to do the work for free as long as long as I agreed to leave the Keaton's his business card for future work.
    I decided to dispose of the excess lighting, and removed the old dolls house which was missing a huge amount of parts. What if they had a boy wouldn't want him playing with dolls now would we. The old toy chest was also a bit battered around the edges and since I had my work cut out for me with the crib and chair I decided a new box would be needed. My eyes were draw to a horrific crossstitch on the wall. Home sweet home it read. I called Justine's mum needing to make sure this wasn't a family heirloom, but no it was something that Marty had apparently found at the local consignment store. Justine, myself and her mother apparently all disliked the piece so off it went with the other items back to the consignment store.

The work really then took off. With the items I was keeping from the room relocated to the garden I could finally get a feel for the size of the place.
    The walls were in good shape and the wooden flooring would look amazing after a bit of a wax. The carpet in the middle of the room had seen better days so Shawn gave me a hand to remove it. I sat outside with an ice tea and a sketch of the room layout in my hands. As I pondered over several ideas I finally decided they needed a closet - somewhere where they could store all their child's items without cluttering the place. I would also need to add a false wall in the corner of the room to create a little feature of the crib.

I decided to go with a cream and caramel theme in the nursery. The Keaton's would hopefully see how I had used those colours for it to be suitable for a buy or girl. I added a Dado rail to give the walls some interest and the use of woods and cream paints really helps to give the room a warm cosy feel. The wooden flooring was given a quick wax which made it look like new. The lack of light in the nursery had obviously been a problem given the amount of lamps the Keaton's had added to the room so Shawn fitted some new ceiling lights for me and I purchased a couple of feature windows to really let the natural light flow into the room.
    The construction of the closet proved to simple and I was soon admiring the sliding doors on the front - not to worry its safety glass. Shelves were fitted to the inside of the closet and Shawn again did me a huge favour by adding a pull light inside.
    Now all I had to do was let the walls dry while I went shopping for the rest of the items and put the room together.

Screenshot-608.jpg

This photo show the repainted crib, I sewed the new lining myself after I spotted this amazing fabric. It had exactly the right tones I was looking for but also had a strip pattern that I had noticed originally on the chair left in the Keaton's room. The curtains I kept in a cream shade not to distract from the beauty of the new windows. I purchased an animal themed mobile and wooden wall hanging as well as the new flowers that draw attention again to the windows. The chair with its new cover and extra padding is a lot more comfortable and adds somewhere to sit and relax. You can also see a few toys that I purchased and the animal themed play table which is more suitable then the old dolls house.

Screenshot-611.jpg

This shot shows the finished wardrobe I've already placed in a few toys and cloth nappies for the Keaton's but there is plenty of space let for them to fill it will more toys for their new addition. You can also see one of the lamps that I updated and a new animal themed toy box.

Screenshot-609.jpg
    The picture on the wall here was again one I saved from the original layout of the room and I just gave it a new frame to fit in with the theme. I also took the inspiration from here to add all the animal themed items.
    The teddy on the floor was again an item left by the Keaton's a bit of sewing and it looks good as new. I also added a brand new top of the line baby swing.

Screenshot-610.jpg
    I hope the Keaton's will enjoy their new surprise room and that the baby will feel comfortable.
    My main aims when tackling this challenge was to create a room that would be not only practical but soothing and relaxing as well. It is a room just not for the new arrival but hopefully something that the whole family will enjoy.
    Ailbe Quinn

Added story Haven't got an exact amount spent on build but I know i'm under after selling some of the original items sorry if that is a problem. I have now lost this save now so no way of knowing.
    Post edited by Unknown User on