Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sky’s Interior Design Challenge 1 - Closed - Winner Posted

SkymystSkymyst Posts: 3,888 Member
Sky’s Interior Design Challenge 1 – Sign Up

Hey Simmers! So some of you might have seen my post about running an interior design contest and I am happy to say that thanks to everyone’s feedback I am starting it. I am going to try to make the details as clear as possible; I know that I am long-winded so just bear with me and hopefully all of your questions will be covered.

Basic Details

There are going to be 3 main steps to each challenge.

Step 1 Is for sign up – if you are interested in join in this round simple add your name to the list and post the Sims/Character who use you will be using as the designer for the next challenge. If you are interested in helping judge this round or sponsor points for this round this is the time to post that as well. Also in this step I will tell you how many rooms you will be doing and what the dates/deadlines are for the current challenge so you can use that information to help you decide if you think you will be able to finish it in time; since I will not have an extensions past deadline for anyone. Things come up and it sucks but to be fair to all I will not add extension, but worry not if you miss out on a challenge just wait till I post the next one and you are welcome to join that one.

Step 2 is the contest/challenge itself in this step I will give you all of the detail done in role-played format based on what the current design job is/how much prize are for this round ect. You job is to finish the job and post your entry from the view point of the Sim/Character you signed up with.

For example say MissE signed up with her Sim Kitty Lane and I post that the job is to fix up the Goth’s Bedroom in Sunset Valley (I will of course give the address and such) to make it modern. She would do the interior of the bedroom and post pics of it with what she did from the view point/mind that her Sim Kitty Lane did the job.

Everyone will have till the deadline to work on their entry and make as many changes as they need. Details on type of content that can be used ect will be posted as well as whatever guidelines the Goths may have in mind for their remodel job.

Step 3 is where the judges judge; scores are posted and prizes are award (the opinion to have your prizes help for hopes of winning more in future rounds is an opinion; as well as having your friends gifted ect. – basically like I always do the prizes here).

Once that is all done I will post step one for the next challenge and we will continue with this pattern till we are all over it.

Comments

• SkymystSkymyst Posts: 3,888 Member
    edited May 2012
    Sky’s Interior Design Challenge 1 – Sign Up Details

For Our First Challenge you will have only one bedroom to remodel located in Sunset Valley. There will be seven days to complete the challenge. Full details on the job itself will be posted when the challenge is posted.

Important Dates To Remember!

Sign-up Take Place – From 5/5/2012 till 5/8/2012 (Midnight EST -5 GMT)

Challenge 1 Will Run From – 5/9/2012 till 5/16/2012 (Ending at Midnight EST -5 GMT)

Judging will go from 5/16/2012 till 5/19/2012

With Challenge 2 Signs Ups Being Posted 5/20/2012

To sign up just fill out this simple entry form.]

Simmers Name:
    Name of Sim You Will Be Using For This Challenge:
    Link to Sim: (Optional)

Prizes

This is not an elimination challenge winners will be picked based on judges score (information on score break down will be posted with the challenge details). Prizes for challenge one will be as followed unless I get any sponsors.

1st Place - 300 Sim Points
    Runner Up - 200 Sim Points

As always judges and sponsors are always welcome. Worry not if you agree to help judge/sponsor it is for this round only.
    edited May 2012
    List of Judges For Challenge 1

1. Skymyst
    2. Weenip
    3. Bandcampsquirrel

List of Sponsor/Prize Pool for Challenge 1

1. Skymyst - 500 Sim Points
    2. Mudmittens1 - 500 Sim Points
    3. Blythe - 1000 Sim Points

List of People Who Signed Up for Challenge 1 – With Name of Sim They Are Using/Link to Entry for Challenge 1

1. Zulie234 - Fieria - http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/105/536211.page#8530488
    2. Gr1zzly - Robert Builder - http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/45/536211.page#8475957
    3. Markydee - Maddox Hale - Had to Drop Out
    4. PallyPoo - Dew Ofair - http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/60/536211.page#8489215
    5. Wensimmie - Kya Goode - http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/60/536211.page#8497746
    6. Faith_AndHope - Ana Praeter- Did not Finish
    7. LilgirlShadow - Clair Amethyst - http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/90/536211.page#8519936
    8. Stikystuff - Ailbe Quinn - http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/45/536211.page#8475604
    9. 3TREES - June Hart - http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/105/536211.page#8523282
    10. Whatsociallife - Verity Shaw - http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/75/536211.page#8499586
    11. Farrahjude - Electra Rose - Did not Finish
    12. Lolllimoewmo - Charlotte Sinclair - Did not Finish
    13. JustLiz87 - Laila Blythe - http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/60/536211.page#8478934
    14. Agnezawars - Nina Arti - http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/75/536211.page#8499914
    15. SmilzPretty - Dia Chun - Had to drop Out
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited May 2012
    CHALLENGE #1 - The Nursery

Sky’s Stunning Designs is a new and upcoming Interior Design firm that is asking for your help. Marty and Justine Keaton are having a baby! They had very little funds to get the nursery started with so it is very bare and not at all flashy. However as a surprise gift Justine’s mom is sending the two on a surprise trip for the weekend; while she secretly redoes the baby’s nursery.

Your job is to turn this plain and boring room into an amazing nursery! You have $2500 to spend to help you make whatever changes are needed and are welcome to use anything else you can find already in the room. The gender of the baby is still unknown.

screenshot_original.jpg

Rules

~All XP, Stuff Packs Ect Are Allowed.
    - All store: t-mobile and Dr. Pepper items are allowed.
    ~Address for house is Keaton – 86 Landgrabb Ave. Low Fat Ranch 2 bd. 1 bth. In Sunset Valley.
    ~Try not to use CC to be fair to all.
    - You can change walls and windows; add half walls and regurlar ones; but you can not remove already places wall.
    ~Try to stay in the $2500 budget but this round you are not required to upload anything so no CC and cash limits are all going to be done on faith and honesty.
    ~Upload at least 2 screenshots of your room. Judging is done this round based on pics so make them look good.

Entry Form
    Simmer:
    Sims Name:
    Details of How You Did Your Design Job:
    ScreenShots:

Judging Scores

1 – 10 Appearance of Room
    1 – 5 Explaining how your Sims did the design in the eyes of the Sim you picked.
    1 – 5 Bonus/WOW Factor
    20 Points Total

Prizes

15 People Signed Up – Everyone who finishes This Round Will Get 100 Points Just For Finishing It Plus (1500 Points Total)

1st Place – 300 Sim Points
    2nd Place - 200 Sim Points
    edited May 2012
    Winners

Ok, both of my judges were able to help so scores could be up to 60 points (20 points for each judge). Thanks to both Bandcampsquirrel and Weenip for helping me judge this contest. You can see your total score beside your name along with a bit about my opinion on your entries.

As always thanks for entering - And remember to post links to wishlist and such for people you want gifted. Thanks all - I hope to have round two posted for signed ups by tomorrow sometime.

1st Place - 400 + 100 = 500 Points - Stikystuff (Score 51) - Wonderful presentation; Prefect use of Sims point of view doing the design. Very subtle tones used made me think of a nice soothing setting. (Sponsor - Blythe) (BANKING POINTS FOR NOW)

2nd Place - 300 + 100 = 400 Points - Whatsociallife (Score 50)- I love the sheer design of this room! The neatness of the entire layout with the in-lay shelves and the kid friendly patterns. Had there been a tad more detail on the design of the room in the eyes of the Sim designer this house would have gotten perfect scores from me. (Sponsor - Mudmittens1) (BANKING POINTS FOR NOW)

3nd Place - 200 + 100 = 300 Points - Wensimmie (Score 46) - I loved the story on your design and you have great screenshots. Was a nice mix of kid patterns with woods that made the room very pleasant to look at. (Sponsor - Blythe) (BANK POINTS FOR NOW)

4nd Place - 100 + 100 = 200 Points - PallyPoo (Score 41) - This nursery has a nice mix of colors; loved the recolored funtirue - wish there had been more details on the design of the room from the Sims point of view. (Sponsor - Blythe) (BANKING POINTS FOR NOW)

5th Place - 10th Place - Each of you have 100 Points Each to Spend

JustLiz87 (Score 40) - Loved the bright greens and how you added a much calming color to help mellow it out some to make it not to over the top. Decent job given details on the design as well. (Sponsor - Mudmittens1) (BANK POINTS FOR NOW)

Zulie234 (Score 39) - I loved the explanation as you explained why you used everything in the room, I would have like to see a different color to help contrast with the yellow so the room was not so overwhelmingly yellow but overall I think this was a nice design job. (Sponsor - Me) (BANKED POINTS FOR NOW)

Agnezawers (Score 32) - Very nice take on trying to mix both boy colors and girl colors. Very nice screenshot; with the use of butterflies it made it feel more like a girls room to me but I think it was a great effort on trying to combine all of the colors into one neutral color scheme. (Sponsor - Me)

Lilgirlshadow (Score 30) - Very unique take on a nursery! I like that the entire room was not done in the blocks, the one wall gave enough to make the room pop without being overwhelming. Which you would have talked a bit more about the design and why you picked what you picked. (Sponsor - Me)

Gr1zzly(Score 29) - Wonderful job with a contrast of bright colors and woods. I loved the bright colored that were used in this room. I just wished there was more details on the overall design. (Sponsor - Me) (GIFTED)

3Trees (Score 18) - You did not use an entry form, nor did you put anything down for any type of explanation on your design which is why you had such low scores from all three of the judges. (Sponsor - Me) (BANK POINTS FOR NOW)
  • BinskyBinsky Posts: 4,263 Member
    edited May 2012
    Ooh! I'm very interested in Challenge 1!

Edit: (to add it in:D )
    Simmers Name: Zulie234 (Fiona)
    Name of Sim You Will Be Using For This Challenge: Fieria Berns
    Link to Sim: Link here
  • KayzeegrlKayzeegrl Posts: 921 Member
    edited May 2012
    This sounds wonderful! I love interior design, and regrettably would like to be an interior designer as a professional, if only it paid enough money. I like the idea of having it be controlled by everyone designing the same room. It shows how people an use their own creativity, and style with a basis to determine how well they did it. It reminds me of design star where you are given a certain amount of time to design a room and are judged on aspects of your work. I'd be interested in joining, if I can find the time.
    edited May 2012
    Kayzeegrl wrote:
    This sounds wonderful! I love interior design, and regrettably would like to be an interior designer as a professional, if only it paid enough money. I like the idea of having it be controlled by everyone designing the same room. It shows how people an use their own creativity, and style with a basis to determine how well they did it. It reminds me of design star where you are given a certain amount of time to design a room and are judged on aspects of your work. I'd be interested in joining, if I can find the time.

Yes, I know time is an issue for many which is why I decided to let everyone know how many rooms will be required each round as well as dates so people can decide if they think they will have enough time to enter. Signs ups will last for three days if you decide you can do it.

First challenge will be an easy one room remodel/redesign job.
  • gr1zzlygr1zzly Posts: 7,566 Member
    edited May 2012
    I guess I'll try the first challenge.

Name: gr1zzly

Sim name. Robert Builder

Link to sim: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5678731
    edited May 2012
    gr1zzly wrote:
    I guess I'll try the first challenge.

Very cool, I promise G-bear the first one is not going to be to hard.
  • markydeemarkydee Posts: 1,029 New Member
    edited May 2012
    I love love love the idea of this contest Skymyst! ^-^
    So sign me up! :thumbup:

Simmer's Name: markydee
    Name of Sim You Will Be Using For This Challenge: Maddox Hale
    Link to Sim: Here. (She's living in this house I built before. I haven't uploaded her separately. Sorry. :$)
  • PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member
    edited May 2012
    Love this idea!

Simmers Name: Pally
    Name of Sim You Will Be Using For This Challenge: Dew Ofair
    Link to Sim: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5712955

Excitement!
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

• wensimmiewensimmie Posts: 1,750 Member
    edited May 2012
    Simmers Name: wensimmie (Wendy)
    Name of Sim You Will Be Using For This Challenge: Kya Goode
    Link to Sim: Kya

Thanks for hosting such a fun contest :)

• Faith_AndhopeFaith_Andhope Posts: 4,468 Member
    edited May 2012
    Simmers Name: Faith AndHope
    Name of Sim You Will Be Using For This Challenge: Ana Praeter
    Link to Sim: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5593327
  • LilgirlShadowLilgirlShadow Posts: 1,302 Member
    edited May 2012
    Sounds Awesome! :mrgreen:
    Simmers Name: LilgirlShadow
    Name of Sim You Will Be Using For This Challenge:Claire Amethyst
    Link to Sim: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5024930
  • stikystuffstikystuff Posts: 2,939 Member
    edited May 2012
    Simmers Name: stikystuff

Name of Sim You Will Be Using For This Challenge: Ailbe Quinn

Link to Sim: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5713160
    edited May 2012
    Everyone up to here has been added; so glad to see some interest so fast. I hope I can make the contest live up to everyone's expectations.
  • KayzeegrlKayzeegrl Posts: 921 Member
    edited May 2012
    Skymyst wrote:
    Kayzeegrl wrote:

Yes, I know time is an issue for many which is why I decided to let everyone know how many rooms will be required each round as well as dates so people can decide if they think they will have enough time to enter. Signs ups will last for three days if you decide you can do it.

First challenge will be an easy one room remodel/redesign job.

I'll probably have to sit out the first round, but you can count me in for round two, if it makes it that far. (jumping right into the hard stuff, oh boy) I won't feel so bad about entering the second one. Until the 18th I'll be studying for a school entry exam. It's going to be killer time consuming. I will be a fan girl for round one. :mrgreen:
  • 3TREES3TREES Posts: 1,964 Member
    edited May 2012
    Hi Sky! How have you been? I think I am going to join lol

Simmers Name:3TREES
    Name of Sim You Will Be Using For This Challenge:June Hart
    Link to Sim: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4277005
    edited May 2012
    Ok list is up-to-date again!
  • mudmittens1mudmittens1 Posts: 431 Member
    edited May 2012
    I've got too much going on to enter this round - but I do love your contests Sky! :)I'll help sponsor with another 500 SP.
    Origin ID is mudmittens
  • whatsociallifewhatsociallife Posts: 1,245 Member
    edited May 2012
    I'd like to join too.
    My designer is Verity Shaw.
    Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5718208
    Looking forward to getting started :-)
    edited May 2012
    I've got too much going on to enter this round - but I do love your contests Sky! :)I'll help sponsor with another 500 SP.

That is sweet of you; hopefully you can give another round a try at some point.
    edited May 2012
    Whatsociallife you have been added to the list.

There is a tad over 2 days for anyone else interested in signing up for round 1.
  • farrahjudefarrahjude Posts: 66 New Member
    edited May 2012
    I'd love to join :)

Simmers Name: farrahjude
    Name of Sim You Will Be Using For This Challenge: Electra Rose
    Link to Sim: Here
  • bandcampsquirrelbandcampsquirrel Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited May 2012
    Ill help you judge if you need another one :wink: