Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

bare feet with work outfits

I am suddenly getting sims having bare feet when thy start a new career. So far in law and medical. Has anyone else had this happen. My journalist was fine and she was between the other two. Not a major problem anyway. Just wondering. :?:

Comments

• kmsim15kmsim15 Posts: 1,552 Member
    edited April 2012
    My girl sim had a job at the bookstore and her outfit was a cardigan, striped short skirt and barefeet.
  • albaniealbanie Posts: 584 Member
    edited April 2012
    I had this too!

My Sim started in Politics and I noticed she had no shoes on :lol:
    You never forget the face of the person who was your last hope - The Hunger Games.
    Banana! - Minions
  • xkaylanicolexxkaylanicolex Posts: 3,760 Member
    edited April 2012
    My sim was a doctor and had a dress jacket, pink boxers and boots. :|

• PEACHES327PEACHES327 Posts: 3,041 Member
    edited April 2012
    Me too. In fact, my sim only went to work with only his pants on. Not even a shirt.

It's a glitch with dumb Showtime. :roll:

Please Visit My Sims 3 & 4 Blog! studiopeaches.blogspot.com
  • albaniealbanie Posts: 584 Member
    edited April 2012
    PEACHES327 wrote:
    Me too. In fact, my sim only went to work with only his pants on. Not even a shirt.

:lol:
    You never forget the face of the person who was your last hope - The Hunger Games.
    Banana! - Minions
  • EternitysShadowEternitysShadow Posts: 1,194 Member
    edited April 2012
    albanie wrote:
    PEACHES327 wrote:

:lol:

I don't think it's just showtime actually. I'm patched 1.29 and when I go to edit in cas on a sim with mastercontroller, I can change around their career outfit in a 'hidden' tab. I've also had glitched career outfits I've had to fix :? my cop went to work with mad scientist hair and outfit.
  • TheMiktigerTheMiktiger Posts: 1,061 Member
    edited April 2012
    Yeah, my career clothes are soo messed up from that patch.

Like, my Elle Woods sim originally went to the law building with this on. Well, that might have got her a promotion when i think about it. xD
    tumblr_ndvjzeK7pL1qcbk34o7_r1_250.gif
  • suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    edited April 2012
    Thanks everyone for your replies. At least I know I'm not the only one. TheMiktiger, Your sims outfit gave me a good chuckle.
  • MckenzieMemberMckenzieMember Posts: 1,231 Member
    edited April 2012
    (snip) I go to edit in cas on a sim with mastercontroller, I can change around their career outfit in a 'hidden' tab ....

For those of you with this glitch use twallan's master controller (MC) to correct it: Install twallan's master controller then when your sim is in their career outfit, click on them, then the MC option and change their outfit by going into CAS using the dresser option or edit in CAS option. That way you can make their outfits more work appropiate and give them shoes. :mrgreen:
  • MsrednotdeadMsrednotdead Posts: 9,215 Member
    edited April 2012
    My girl sim has a part time job at the spa (shes a teen), she comes back in her workoutfit wiht no shoes. My male teen has a job at the mausoleum, comes back with a different hairstyle to the one he normally has so each day I have to go to the mirror and change it back again. Getting fed up with it and dont think I will let them have jobs any more lol.

And I dont think that people should need to use a mod to correct a problem that EA should fix. Some people do not like to use mods in their game, which is their right to choose and they should get the proper functionality of the game............not that I can see that happening though.
  • LucieeBobbiiLucieeBobbii Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    Actually, everytime I have started a new game (I have several games/families) my career outfit has been something really irrelevant to their job; i.e. my character who is a Politician has bare feet and wears striped jeans with a t-shirt with a burger on the front... Same goes if I choose an outfit for them but when they go to work, their everyday clothing ends up nothing like what I chose for them... and I have no expansion packs- I just dont understand why it happens!