Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

is it safe?

the last time i played the sims my computer decided to turn off on its own, no warning at all and now im a little weary about playing a game like sims on my laptop.

if anyone else had this happen and the game worked like usual afterward, is it safe to play the sims again?

(my first thoughts were "oh crud my computer just died and i cant afford a new one", i suspect it over heated being it was very hot that day and the building i live in doesnt turn thier heat off untill beginning of june., and since im not well versed in computers or technology hardware im afrain of taking my laptop apart to check/clean the innards)

also, i wasnt sure where my question belonged, cause its more of a computer thing then a game thing i suspect. so im asking here.

Comments

• Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited April 2012

Get a cooling fan for your laptop. Don't play for more than 2 hours at a time. Good luck.

• Options
    iToshibaiToshiba Posts: 59
    edited April 2012
    a cooling fan is do-able, but its the whole "limiting game play time" thats hard to do, what with the sims being quite addicting

right now to keep my computer from getting too hot i'm letting cold air from out side come in.
  • Options
    krimsonnoxkrimsonnox Posts: 6,143 Member
    edited April 2012
    you can install software that puts a monitor on the temperature of your processor and vide card, then you can watch it and turn it off if it gets too hot, but i dont remember what the programs are called. get the fan to put under your laptop. Or put more fans in your computer.
  • Options
    bob007bob007 Posts: 10,062 Member
    edited April 2012
    That's a big problem with TS3 and laptops. Is your laptop a HP?
    I do not work for EA nor do I have any association with EA. I am a gamer helping other gamers.