Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Premium content question - I need your opinions :)

TojaxTojax Posts: 5,076 Member
Hello everyone :)

I know I should probably post this in the General Store section, but it seems that there's more people here than there :P

I finally have a chance to get simpoints and I was thinking of buying Premium content I've been dying to get. I'm been torn between the cauldron, the voodoo doll and the hypnotizer... Now my question to you is: which one would you recommend? I'll be grateful for any answers :)

Have a good day!

Comments

• VamPandaVamPanda Posts: 6,226 New Member
    edited April 2012
    if you like experimenting go with the cauldren. If you like to be ean to sims or simply want a way of torturing papaazzi go wih the voodoo doll xD
  • KSpencerKSpencer Posts: 1,158 Member
    edited April 2012
    I have all of them I use the voodoo doll the most. I like being able to mess with other sims :twisted:
  • BinskyBinsky Posts: 4,263 Member
    edited April 2012
    Voodoo doll, I don't have any, but the voodoo doll seems to have more interactions and a lot more FUN interactions at that! Hope this helps!
  • bananaholicbananaholic Posts: 4,314 New Member
    edited April 2012
    Voodoo doll for torturing and hypnotizer for magicians :D
  • ErnesaTErnesaT Posts: 7,474 Member
    edited April 2012
    Not sure but doesn't it come in a set, as well?

I could swear I have the set. Unfortunately, I have yet to try it.
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • TojaxTojax Posts: 5,076 Member
    edited April 2012
    Thank you everyone for your suggestions... I'll probably settle on the voodoo doll because, I admit, it does look pretty awesome :twisted:

@ ErnesaT: If you mean the voodoo doll and the cauldron, then yes, you can get them separately and in a set. I doubt I'll get enough simpoints to buy the entire set, so I'll go with one of the individual items :) Too bad the crystal ball isn't sold separately though...
  • fleshjennfleshjenn Posts: 4,919 Member
    edited April 2012
    you might want to wait for the set to come on the dd.

there is no way to get the clothing seperate.
    edited April 2012
    fleshjenn wrote:
    you might want to wait for the set to come on the dd.

there is no way to get the clothing seperate.

I know... I think it's a terrible move on EA's part. I'm sure a lot of people would love to buy the clothes or hairstyles separately but will never buy the whole set because it's too expensive. I don't think that the DD will help me in this case because I get my points through simpoint cards I buy irl and those aren't exactly cheap (at least not in the country I'm currently in), especially if you compare the price to the amount of points you get :P
    edited April 2012
    yes, but the points go farther if you buy things from the dd. I only buy maybe $20 worth of points every few months. but I am able to hold contests and buy things for myself because I wait till it hits the dd. even a few points off adds up.
    edited April 2012
    also there are several contests right now that have high prize spots. have you checked out the smash bridges contest? I think 3rd place is like 1000 simpoints? and there are 5 categories you can enter into, just placing in 2 of them would be enough to get the whole set.
    edited April 2012
    fleshjenn wrote:
    yes, but the points go farther if you buy things from the dd. I only buy maybe $20 worth of points every few months. but I am able to hold contests and buy things for myself because I wait till it hits the dd. even a few points off adds up.

Fair enough :) In that case, do you remember if the More Magic set has already been on sale? If so, then there's a chance it will be back on the DD soon...
  • JoolsterJoolster Posts: 6,417 Member
    edited April 2012
    I only have the gumball machine and the pinball machine but I'd go for voodoo doll. Sounds fun. :D
  • RubysimRubysim Posts: 5,811 Member
    edited April 2012
    I like them all but I use the voodoo doll the most
    Gallery ID - Rubysim
    Pictures of my sims will be on my page :)
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited April 2012
    I like all of them, but I like the Hypnotizer the best.
    edited April 2012
    it was on sale doing that march madness thing, but their is a good chance you might catch it on sale again.
    edited April 2012
    fleshjenn wrote:
    it was on sale doing that march madness thing, but their is a good chance you might catch it on sale again.

Thank you :) I think I'll restrain myself from buying the premium content for now and hopefully get a chance to buy the set soon.
  • icouldntfindanameicouldntfindaname Posts: 2,228 Member
    edited April 2012
    I only have the spellbook and the massage chair.For them I prefer the spellbook,it's really usefull
  • DaeliaDaelia Posts: 2,643 Member
    edited April 2012
    I use the hypnotizer the most out of those PC items listed. :) But that's because I like to use it in a pinch to get the energy for my poor tired sims to get thru any given day that they have no time to get a full night's sleep :twisted: 3-4 rounds of self-hypnosis and they're good to go! You can even send them to bed for 5 sim minutes afterwards to get the "well-rested" moodlet :lol:
    edited April 2012
    Tojax wrote:
    fleshjenn wrote:

Thank you :) I think I'll restrain myself from buying the premium content for now and hopefully get a chance to buy the set soon.

Glad I could help!
    I know how frustrating it can be to wait for deals. but Its also very rewarding.

because I held onto my points from xmas, when I got them like 40% off and I was able to pick up 2 EA cards that were 5 dollars off each. I was able to host the current contest I am doing, sponsor another, and treat myself to a few of those march madness sets.

So I am very happy with my frugal trait right now. :D:D
  • nxtashaxtnxtashaxt Posts: 500 New Member
    edited April 2012
    Tojax wrote:
    fleshjenn wrote:

If you decide you want the cauldron or the voodoo doll, it might come up on the daily deal as they have been repeating themselves a lot of late and they've already came up twice recently when they put most of the premium content on the DD(a Thursday then Monday?), so I'd keep watch on the deals before buying.
    edited April 2012
    @ icouldntfindaname: The spellbook looked interesting but I heard it causes issues when combined with the fountain of youth :?

@ Daelia: That's funny :lol: I love how there's all of these in game "cheats" that you can figure out :)

@ fleshjenn: Yes, the frugal trait is one that I should acquire :P

@ nxtashaxt: Thanks for the heads up :D