Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Publicly humiliated bug

After I installed Showtime, my celebrity sim have been publicly humiliated 3 times for cheating, even though she hasn't. And in the celebrity journal it doesn't say that she's been falsley accused.
The first time it happened, she was dating one guy, but she didn't flirt with anyone else while they were "romantically involved". Anyways, I sued at the town hall and won. A little while later, they broke up (he was randomly flirting with her celebrity roomate....) and she started going out with another guy, but the problem keep coming up. I'm 100% sure she hasn't been flirting with anyone. The last time it happened, I had saved and quit game and when I started playing again, I suddenly discovered the "publicly humiliated" moodlet. There wasn't even a warning in the upperight corner. It's really annoting, 'cause she keep losing friends and so on.
Anyone else experiencing the same thing?

Comments

• FigwitFigwit Posts: 1,072 Member
    edited April 2012
    I use mods to turn off the whole celebrity thing because I ran into the same sort of thing and it annoyed me too much. It could be that she has chatted to someone. The game seems to use even innocent chatting as flirting. Stupid! Perhaps the solution would be to get her the 'clean slate' reward.

If you are not opposed to using mods and you still want to keep the celebrities in your town, there is a mod at Mod the Sims that will bring a bit of sense to the system. Romantic Reputation Recombobulator. http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=446164&c=1&ht=0&page=5&pp=25

• JazzpuzJazzpuz Posts: 83 Member
    edited April 2012
    Figwit wrote:
    I use mods to turn off the whole celebrity thing because I ran into the same sort of thing and it annoyed me too much. It could be that she has chatted to someone. The game seems to use even innocent chatting as flirting. Stupid! Perhaps the solution would be to get her the 'clean slate' reward.

If you are not opposed to using mods and you still want to keep the celebrities in your town, there is a mod at Mod the Sims that will bring a bit of sense to the system. Romantic Reputation Recombobulator. http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=446164&c=1&ht=0&page=5&pp=25
    Thank you! That might just be the answer to my problems. Those sims (read: EA) sure have a weird cheating-policy...