January 21: Today is patch day! 😃 To read the patch notes, click here!
January 22 - Is everyone ready for the Friday Highlights? Check them out here.
Welcome to all NEW SIMMERS joining us on the Sims forum! 🎉 Have fun on the forum and please make sure you check out the forum rules and
the rules about necroposting.

Confused And Very Angry

13...Next

Comments

  • MrHawkMrHawk Posts: 4,345 Member
    edited April 2012
    I'm really sorry to say this but I hope this pack fails dismally, causing KP to be dropped from the series and it to focus back on to the gamers, not just their wallets.

    I also hope the staff responsible for this whole fiasco get a reality check.

    I also hope for world peace. :lol:
  • TINA180TINA180 Posts: 683 New Member
    edited April 2012
    No. The price is NOT realistic.

    It was not used in the correct form.

    Realistic: Is pretty much Reality! I believe this should have been used as "Reasonable". Not Realistic!

    Saying it that way basically say's the Price doesn't exist & was made up!.. So correct yourself
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,089 Member
    edited April 2012
    Arletta wrote:
    Goldmoldar wrote:
    Arletta wrote:
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    It's also much bigger than other Sims 3 stuff packs.

    That's a blooming silly reason for sticking an extra £15 on the price of it, Reg. Normal cost of a SP to me is £9.99. The cost of this oh so exclusive so much bigger pack to me would be £24.99.

    They said Showtime was bigger too. Nobody stuck a £15 surcharge on it. An extra £5 for the KP edition, I believe. May even have been £10.

    We're paying all that extra because it's got Katy Perry's darned name on it, not because it's bigger.

    It is not to EA, If EA sold the SP at let's say regular price and they must pay KP for every SP that is sold, EA figures they would lose money so they tack on an extra $10 to ensure they still get the same income as if they would have if it was sold at regular price. Now they are counting people buying it, so it is a gamble they are taking.

    All well and good, Goldmar, but $30 USD to me would be £18 GBP. That being the case where's the extra £7 going?

    ETA: I also understand that they've to pay Ms Perry and hope to make a profit for themselves, but can't they tell me truthfully that that is where the money is going instead of feeding me some twaddle that it's a super pack because it's got about 7 more items than a regular SP.

    They won't tell you because they believe even though we may spend money on thier products it is none of our business. I can't blame the Guru because it is what she may have been told to tell if situations like this comes up.
    AMD 2700X 32 GB Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super 8 GB Rosewill Rise Full Tower SB THX Trustudio VioTek 34" Curved monitor.
    Intel 6700K 32 GB ASUS RTX 2070 Strix 8 GB Stryker Full Tower SB Z-Series Samsung Curved 32" monitor.
  • mrsmilesalotmrsmilesalot Posts: 3,108 Member
    edited April 2012
    TINA180 wrote:
    No. The price is NOT realistic.

    It was not used in the correct form.

    Realistic: Is pretty much Reality! I believe this should have been used as "Reasonable". Not Realistic!

    Saying it that way basically say's the Price doesn't exist & was made up!.. So correct yourself


    They mean, the price is not worth the value :roll:
  • TINA180TINA180 Posts: 683 New Member
    edited April 2012
    They mean, the price is not worth the value :roll:

    I know it's not.. I never said It was. It is over Priced..
  • ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited April 2012
    Goldmoldar wrote:
    Arletta wrote:
    Goldmoldar wrote:
    Arletta wrote:
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    It's also much bigger than other Sims 3 stuff packs.

    That's a blooming silly reason for sticking an extra £15 on the price of it, Reg. Normal cost of a SP to me is £9.99. The cost of this oh so exclusive so much bigger pack to me would be £24.99.

    They said Showtime was bigger too. Nobody stuck a £15 surcharge on it. An extra £5 for the KP edition, I believe. May even have been £10.

    We're paying all that extra because it's got Katy Perry's darned name on it, not because it's bigger.

    It is not to EA, If EA sold the SP at let's say regular price and they must pay KP for every SP that is sold, EA figures they would lose money so they tack on an extra $10 to ensure they still get the same income as if they would have if it was sold at regular price. Now they are counting people buying it, so it is a gamble they are taking.

    All well and good, Goldmar, but $30 USD to me would be £18 GBP. That being the case where's the extra £7 going?

    ETA: I also understand that they've to pay Ms Perry and hope to make a profit for themselves, but can't they tell me truthfully that that is where the money is going instead of feeding me some twaddle that it's a super pack because it's got about 7 more items than a regular SP.

    They won't tell you because they believe even though we may spend money on thier products it is none of our business. I can't blame the Guru because it is what she may have been told to tell if situations like this comes up.

    No, I don't expect they would. I expect that it being a super pack and completely worth the extra is what the simguru's have been told to say.

    In return I shall hold on to my stubbornness and principles. I won't be one of the unfortunate ppl who buy the SP for £25. I feel a lot better for that.
  • SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,026 Member
    edited April 2012
    EDIT: before you "correct" someone please learn what a word means...realistic was used correctly myslef and one other person have used the word "realistic" correctly. Realistic can pertain to an idea and it does not only mean "real life" as you claim it meant lol.

    Tina180...woah calm the heck down!! You quoting me is just showing that you aren't reading what you are quoting...

    Again, I never said that the stuff pack being worth more and Katy Perry getting paid isn't realistic I said that it being called a "SUPER" pack isn't realistic.

    I said that it's a lie because Katy Perry has to get paid one way or the other...how else is she going to make money then? Even if it was the size of a regular stuff pack they would have to charge more or how else would Katy Perry make her money? :hunf:

    If before they endorsed her they charged $20 and then they kept it at $20 after they endorsed her then that means EA would have to take less money which isn't going to happen therefore they raise the price...it's common sense. It's like math we learned in kindergarden. If there is a whole pizza and ONE person eats it they get more, if another person eats it with them then the first person gets less than if they had the pizza to themselves...I don't know how else I can explain it. I'm not blaming EA for doing that I'm just saying they shouldn't act like we are dumb and call it a "SUPER" pack...

    I don't get what I said in ANY of my posts that offends you to the point of acting like a child? You are defending the stuff pack, but I'm not attacking it. I am simply saying they just need to understand we aren't dumb and we know that Katy Perry has to get paid "SUPER" pack or not, it would have cost more...that's all... :?

    Arletta, completely agree :mrgreen: .
  • TINA180TINA180 Posts: 683 New Member
    edited April 2012
    Ok Schantal... I'm done

    Edit: I am not defending this SP. I don't like anything about it but the Clothes.
  • SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,026 Member
    edited April 2012
    Tina180, No one ever started arguing with you. I just responded to you quoting me, that's all. If someone says "There are holes in your story CLEAN IT UP!!" as you did, I am going to respond.I don't understand why you started getting upset as no one EVER attacked you... :? People are simply expressing their opinion maturely, no one ever said anything rude to you nor attacked you. I was talking about EA, not you and you got extremely upset and I have no idea why? :shock:
  • TINA180TINA180 Posts: 683 New Member
    edited April 2012
    Schantal wrote:
    Tina180, No one ever started arguing with you. I just responded to you quoting me, that's all. If someone says "There are holes in your story CLEAN IT UP!!" as you did, I am going to respond.I don't understand why you started getting upset as no one EVER attacked you... :? People are simply expressing their opinion maturely, no one ever said anything rude to you nor attacked you. I was talking about EA, not you and you got extremely upset and I have no idea why? :shock:

    Go back some pages and figure it out. I'm done with it Schantal. You quoted me to start your very first post.. Now I didn't even come on this thread to chat.. Yes I asked ppl to get off GuruJenn & I wanted her attention. So you chime in to post your opinion... Yes I picked your post apart but "Realistically" I came for Jenn not you..

    So again I ask why did you even reference my post again?

    Sn: Please don't answer my rhetorical questions cause I said I was done, But you just needed your closure I guess..
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,026 Member
    edited April 2012
    Tina, calm down, no one is attacking you, I have said it about 4 times. I have no idea why you are upset at all. :roll:



  • mrsmilesalotmrsmilesalot Posts: 3,108 Member
    edited April 2012
    CALM THE FUDGESTICKS DOWN EVERYONE.
  • mosneakersmosneakers Posts: 1,654 Member
    edited April 2012
    The price for this pack is because it's a special edition that we're calling a 'mega stuff' or 'super stuff' pack. It has a lot more content than a standard Stuff Pack.

    Ha, even Guru Jenn had to put mega stuff in quotes, 'cause even she knows this Sp is complete bs. I'm sure she is not allowed to speak anything bad about ea.
  • yoshi_dragur2012yoshi_dragur2012 Posts: 1,645 Member
    edited April 2012
    TINA180 wrote:
    They mean, the price is not worth the value :roll:

    I know it's not.. I never said It was. It is over Priced..
    crying.gif
  • SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,026 Member
    edited April 2012
    Lol, Yoshi :-) :mrgreen:
  • TINA180TINA180 Posts: 683 New Member
    edited April 2012
    You know what Schantal, I have to get this off my chest so I can have closure because I don't like to get ugly.. I don't want you thinking I'm mean or unable to reconcile with. I'm really a nice person. I Apologize if I took you the wrong way.

    The Main point I want to get across to you is just be careful when you are "Quoting" someone else. I think I speak for others when I say that.

    When Quoting someone at least Be clear as to what they are saying, Reply with something relevant to the poster, Reply Agreeing or Disagreeing.. Use your Quotes Properly, Especially if you are going to edit the original. If you choose to use the emoticons be aware they have a tone to them & ppl can & will take them unintended!

    If you don't go by at least these minimum requirements that are not that hard to do, then you WILL bump into ppl who will read your comments Intentional or Unintentional .. I felt slightly provoked to reply to what I perceived & It just came across the wrong way as you explained earlier & I'm sorry I didn't bother to care. It was a stupid ---> :roll:<---
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top