Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SILENT HILL 2.0

Well it seems everyone starts this project to recreate the town of Silent Hill but no one really follows through. So I decided to try to recreate Silent Hill, not exact and accurate, but as close to it as I can make it. Any thoughts and opinions? or suggestions?

Comments

• ace6661ace6661 Posts: 278 Member
    edited March 2013

Lakeview Hotel
    Screenshot-251-1.jpg

View from Rosewater Park
    Screenshot-253.jpg

Silent Hill Historical Society
    Screenshot-256.jpg

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Lennon777Lennon777 Posts: 786 New Member
    edited April 2012
    I like the effect, but it would be nice if we could actually see the builds properly. (even if we couldn't in the real game!)
  • ConorsimConorsim Posts: 5,890 Member
    edited April 2012
    Hi there :D

I believe someone actually did make a Silent Hill world: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=3884779 ... it seems fairly good from the thumbnail :) But, since I have no clue what Silent Hill is then I can't say whether or not it is good :lol:

BUT. That is no reason for you to stop doing your interpretation of the world. In that case, good luck :thumbup:
  • luna181618luna181618 Posts: 559 Member
    edited April 2012
    I have Sillent Hill. It is good. I do not even know whether it is worthwhile and can make a difference. A very small town. I still I came up with some suitable buildings and homes, where I live. The school remained under the school, which is in the city.
    a68cb11ecdbf.jpg
    bfb264fc0f37.jpg
    bb7c3fb4e0bc.jpg
    967c4d4fc1a1.jpg
    7c973a524fd0.jpg
    edited April 2012
    Lennon777 wrote:
    I like the effect, but it would be nice if we could actually see the builds properly. (even if we couldn't in the real game!)

I was thinking that earlier, and so I'll put up some pics soon with no effects on em :)
    edited April 2012
    Conorsim wrote:
    Hi there :D

I believe someone actually did make a Silent Hill world: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=3884779 ... it seems fairly good from the thumbnail :) But, since I have no clue what Silent Hill is then I can't say whether or not it is good :lol:

BUT. That is no reason for you to stop doing your interpretation of the world. In that case, good luck :thumbup:

I downloaded that one a while ago and was disappointed by the size, it resembled only a part of the town, I want to make it so it has all of South Vale, and Old Silent Hill, and the commercial district and whatnot :p
    edited April 2012
    luna181618 wrote:
    I have Sillent Hill. It is good. I do not even know whether it is worthwhile and can make a difference. A very small town. I still I came up with some suitable buildings and homes, where I live. The school remained under the school, which is in the city.
    a68cb11ecdbf.jpg
    bfb264fc0f37.jpg
    bb7c3fb4e0bc.jpg
    967c4d4fc1a1.jpg
    7c973a524fd0.jpg

Yeah that's the thing, it's too small to have the whole town, y'know? even the one I'm making won't have the sections that are in Downpour but it will be big. That's the one from the link posted earlier?
  • jbelukjbeluk Posts: 173 Member
    edited April 2012
    I like what you have done, especially being a fan of silent hill series
    edited April 2012
    Screenshot-258.jpg

Screenshot-257.jpg
    edited April 2012
    Screenshot-261.jpg
    Lakeview Hotel

Screenshot-260.jpg
    Lakeview Hotel Interior
    edited April 2012
    Oh and uh if anyone wants to helpp.. would be nice :)
    edited April 2012
    Grand Hotel
    Screenshot-263.jpg

Artaud Theater
    Screenshot-264.jpg

These parts may be edited in time as I get the games to replay and make more accurate
  • NusilukirNusilukir Posts: 13
    edited April 2012
    Im loving the James's reststop. Please don't stop halfway, it would break my heart. I'm a big fan of the series and am looking for a decent version of the town. I've bookmarked this page good luck!
    edited April 2012
    Nusilukir wrote:
    Im loving the James's reststop. Please don't stop halfway, it would break my heart. I'm a big fan of the series and am looking for a decent version of the town. I've bookmarked this page good luck!

Thanks! :D and I wouldn't stop halfway, I'm going to make it to the end no matter how long it takes :)
    edited April 2012
    Oh can't wait for your take on the church and all it's messed up rooms >.<
    edited April 2012
    Nusilukir wrote:

But like, the thing is I don't know exactly where that church is o_o underground..? the one from Silent Hill 3 right?
  • votengavotenga Posts: 233 Member
    edited April 2012
    i like what you have done so far except for the fog emitters on the lots, it might be an idea to edit the ini files so it permanetly foggy in your world instead of having the fog ending at the lot boundaries. another idea is to unlock your copy of caw so all the effects are available to you

or do a search for the custom ground fog from twinbrook to use in caw which isnt limited to just the lots and covers a larger area per effect.

just some ideas. anyway the lots are looking great keep up the good work!
    edited April 2012
    votenga wrote:
    i like what you have done so far except for the fog emitters on the lots, it might be an idea to edit the ini files so it permanetly foggy in your world instead of having the fog ending at the lot boundaries. another idea is to unlock your copy of caw so all the effects are available to you

or do a search for the custom ground fog from twinbrook to use in caw which isnt limited to just the lots and covers a larger area per effect.

I actually have no emitters in my lots currently, too much lag... I think I will edit the ini files I just wish there was an easy way to figure it out xD I had the link to how to do it but I guess I haven't had the chance to really read and figure it out.
    edited April 2012
    ace6661 wrote:
    votenga wrote:

I actually have no emitters in my lots currently, too much lag... I think I will edit the ini files I just wish there was an easy way to figure it out xD I had the link to how to do it but I guess I haven't had the chance to really read and figure it out.

By the wayy, the pictures where there are emitters, are nott my world, it's a way smaller world created by someone else. the first pics are mine, then the hotel and so on are mine
    edited April 2012
    ace6661 wrote:
    Nusilukir wrote:

But like, the thing is I don't know exactly where that church is o_o underground..? the one from Silent Hill 3 right?

"As Heather progresses through the church, more rooms and halls are drawn onto the map. There are two floors that Heather is able to explore, and they can be accessed using a single elevator. Although many doors remain locked or otherwise cannot be opened, many of the rooms within the church don't physically belong within it. Some of the rooms can be attributed to Heather or Alessa's memories"- wiki

it might be underground seeing that you reach the chapel via tunnel but idk if it is completely underground, it does have stain glass windows towards the from of the main room.
    edited April 2012
    I'm gonna go back and play 3 and 1 again. As far as silent hill is concerned a majority of the game is inside peoples heads. >.<
    edited April 2012
    Nusilukir wrote:
    ace6661 wrote:
    Nusilukir wrote:

"As Heather progresses through the church, more rooms and halls are drawn onto the map. There are two floors that Heather is able to explore, and they can be accessed using a single elevator. Although many doors remain locked or otherwise cannot be opened, many of the rooms within the church don't physically belong within it. Some of the rooms can be attributed to Heather or Alessa's memories"- wiki

it might be underground seeing that you reach the chapel via tunnel but idk if it is completely underground, it does have stain glass windows towards the from of the main room.

I was just researching this xD and I've come to the conclusion that no one really knows, it's hypothesized that possibly it's not even a real-life church, or that the Otherworld created the connection between the park and church.. so I don't really know ._.
    edited April 2012
    I've also been researching and have come to the conclusion that Silent Hill is not something I should be looking into in the middle of the night in an empty house.

As for how you should go about the Chapel you should at least try to do the main room and prob look up the style of the inside so you could get a better idea of what the outside should of looked like. And as far as the extra rooms go just put in the significant ones. try to make a confession booth! make references.
    edited April 2012
    Nusilukir wrote:
    I've also been researching and have come to the conclusion that Silent Hill is not something I should be looking into in the middle of the night in an empty house.

As for how you should go about the Chapel you should at least try to do the main room and prob look up the style of the inside so you could get a better idea of what the outside should of looked like. And as far as the extra rooms go just put in the significant ones. try to make a confession booth! make references.

hahaha right right xD and that should be finee it's just the location to actually put the church that's a problem...
    edited April 2012
    I NEED SOMEONE WHO HAS HOMECOMING.
    I need someone to make me some buildings from there cause uh I don't have that game ._.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top