Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's with the price?

In the past stuff packs for The Sims 3 have always been priced at £9.99 here in the UK. Yet this pack is priced at £24.99.

I'd like to ask why?

From what I've read this pack contains the same amount of content as any other stuff pack - excluding a couple new lots and a song. So what justifies the £15 price hike? I don't buy Katy Perry's endorsement as a valid reason. I mean, that really justifies it being the same price as a fully developed expansion pack? (I know this probably is the reason, but it's still an excuse which bothers me).

I'm fine ignoring this pack. The theme isn't for me and I have no interest in the content. However if the next pack is priced the same, then I have a problem. The Sims 3 is overpriced as it is, it doesn't need another price increase. A stuff pack should not be the same price as an expansion, no matter who happens to be endorsing it. :?

Comments

• Rinoa666AngelRinoa666Angel Posts: 2,074 Member
    edited April 2012
    Of course its because of the endorsement hello the lady gotta get paid right :mrgreen:
  • michellehilbrandmichellehilbrand Posts: 2,331 Member
    edited April 2012
    I believe it does have more items than other SPs but if you aren't diggin' the theme, then it really doesn't matter anyways.
  • keycat04keycat04 Posts: 115
    edited April 2012
    I believe it does have more items than other SPs but if you aren't diggin' the theme, then it really doesn't matter anyways.

From what I have read from some other people it does not. But we will found out for sure in the live interview on april 12th.

I do think it does matter though to people who do want to buy this SP but think it's overcharged also. And I think some other people are afraid this might be a new trend of higher prices on future SPs, which I don't think will be, it's just because this SP is endorsed.