Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Better Bridgeport-Final Update Uploaded! Download Now!

Comments

• TRachetTRachet Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited March 2013
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    Simsfan, just out of curiosity seeing the University Life is a complete subhood - what exactly makes your world updated for Uni as technically all the worlds I have installed - which is about 40 worlds give or take a few - worked with no issues at all simply by me choosing to send a sim to University after I installed an ep. Nothing had to be done to a single world for this to work. So I am baffled why some creators are claiming a world is updated for Uni when nothing is needed to be added to the worlds themselves as long as one has the ep.

The University rh's do not work as Uni buildings in a regular world - so I am really curious what you did or felt you had to do.

I see this a lot, too. But, most of the creators just refurnished some lots, or built new ones, with Uni items- if that makes sense. (Or they used Uni homes.) :-)
  • simsfan95173simsfan95173 Posts: 1,004 Member
    edited March 2013
    TRachet wrote:
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    Simsfan, just out of curiosity seeing the University Life is a complete subhood - what exactly makes your world updated for Uni as technically all the worlds I have installed - which is about 40 worlds give or take a few - worked with no issues at all simply by me choosing to send a sim to University after I installed an ep. Nothing had to be done to a single world for this to work. So I am baffled why some creators are claiming a world is updated for Uni when nothing is needed to be added to the worlds themselves as long as one has the ep.

The University rh's do not work as Uni buildings in a regular world - so I am really curious what you did or felt you had to do.

I see this a lot, too. But, most of the creators just refurnished some lots, or built new ones, with Uni items- if that makes sense. (Or they used Uni homes.) :-)
    Exactly. I just added some UL objects to some of the lots. That's what I usually mean whenever I "update" this save, I add content from the newest EP and change up a few things.

@slothesaurus You don't actually need UL for this save to work. All the UL items just won't be there, but you still should be able to play this save. :-)
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2013
    Ah, okay, was just wondering,
    Okay, no problems. Curiosity satisfied. hehehe

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• slothesaurusslothesaurus Posts: 11
    edited March 2013
    Oh, that's good to hear! Thanks for replying so fast :D
    edited June 2013
    Minor updated version is up for download

I edited MN8 and the Grind. What I plan on doing in the Island Paradise update is to add several ports and houseboats, make some changes to the beach & fishing spot, and more. It's gonna be a big update! Can't wait to get IP and start working on Bridgeport! :-)

Thanks guys! :D
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited June 2013
    Hey guys! I put up pics on the first post of what I've been working on for the next update. I've been a busy bee! There's still much more to be done... and a surprise! This is the biggest update I've done so far, and can't wait for the IP release in a few days. :-)

Thanks to all you guys for the support! :mrgreen:
    edited June 2013
    Finally finished updating & ready for download!

Enjoy guys! :-)
  • redsilkSimredsilkSim Posts: 162 Member
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for the update!!..i haven't played it yet but it looks aweasome..
    edited July 2013
    Another update.

I fixed a couple problems and changed up a few things with the dive lots, hidden islands, beach, fishing spot, and a weird glitch with city hall.

Enjoy guys :-)
  • vickigohvickigoh Posts: 326 Member
    edited July 2013
    The download link is at the 1st page? And btw is there a Homeworld Univeristy for this? It seem like you have really done alot at this bridgeport ...good job
    edited July 2013
    Thanks vickigoh :-) Yes the download links are at the bottom of the first post. I didn't add a homeworld university though.
    edited July 2013
    Another update. This time replaced all the port lots so they should work. also delete all spiral staircases at the resort because of routing issues. Copied & Replaced city hall because of a rabbithole door bug that came with IP. And updated the Tidewater penthouse (Hemlock household) with a plasma fruit bush garden.
  • ShiroYoruShiroYoru Posts: 182 Member
    edited July 2013
    I am enjoying this save. Thank you for this. I am finally giving this city a chance ^.^ and enjoying every minute of it.
    edited August 2013
    Minor Update Time! :-)

I deleted parking spaces on all community lots to try to reduce lag, but I kept the ones on residential lots.

Attempted to fix the caves in the dive lots by picking them up and placing them back down since that worked for me so hopefully it will work for you guys.

Added the new Surfing Station to the beach and the fishing spot.

Fixed a routing problem I encountered with the two highrises facing one of the hidden islands. It was the shell door bug that came with IP where sims could get out. Bulldozing them and placing them back in Edit town mode seems to have fix the issue.

This will probably the last update I'll do before ITF is released.

Thanks again for the feedback and enjoy guys! 8)
  • SeanieRockz44SeanieRockz44 Posts: 852 New Member
    edited August 2013
    This is probably a noob question but is there anyway to use your version of the world as the default world?

Because when using the Traveler mod, I want to send the sims to your Bridgeport but it sends them to the default one. Anyway to use the save as the default world?
    edited August 2013
    Not a noob question at all. I've wanted to do that for a while, but the only way to do that is if this was a world file instead of a save file. And apparently it's not possible to turn a save file into a working world. Believe me, I've tried :(
  • SeanieRockz44SeanieRockz44 Posts: 852 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Hi, I found out you can actually do it.
    You have to copy the NHD file from the Hollyweird save, and paste it into the save you want to travel with.

Next time you travel to Bridgeport, it will read the NHD files and the save will come up instead of the default world. You can do this with every other save file as well.
    But each time you start a new save, you have to paste in the NHD file again.
    edited October 2013
    Final version of Bridgeport is finally uploaded! This is definitely the last update I'll be doing for city. I feel I've done all that I can to improve Bridgeport into the fun city it was meant to be. I've really enjoyed editing & tweaking it for you guys. I've been nurturing this town for so long I've grown attached to it and can't play any other world :lol: But now that I'm done with Bridgeport, I've had my eyes on Isla Paradiso for a while...

But anyways thank you guys for your feedback & support! Hopefully Bridgeport's longevity has been extended for years to come. Thanks again for downloading and have fun with a Better Bridgeport! I know I will :wink:
  • vickigohvickigoh Posts: 326 Member
    edited October 2013
    I have just download your world that is really amazing..btw do you use bistro set in any of your lot?
    edited October 2013
    Yes, I used it at the Red Rendezvous (Coffeehouse), Moon (Supernatural Hangout), and Plasma 501 (Vampire Lounge) :)
  • Babass71Babass71 Posts: 3
    edited October 2013
    oO

/me rush on th download button

Thank yooooooooouuuuu!!!! :D
  • CharlotteknCharlottekn Posts: 544 Member
    edited October 2013
    You don't happen to still have the save before ITF do you? I so want to send some sims to a better Bridgeport, but I am ITF-less. Thanks!
  • AutumnLoveStoryAutumnLoveStory Posts: 101 New Member
    edited October 2013
    Thank you so much for this Version! Everything I need, want and could possibly wish for is in there. Thank you!
    edited October 2013
    @AutumnLoveStory @Babass71 Your very welcome! Thanks for downloading! :-)

@Charlottekn You can still download this save, since I didn't add any ITF items. :-)
  • CharlotteknCharlottekn Posts: 544 Member
    edited October 2013
    Oh, huh, weird. I got a message that the game needed a further expansion pack? I think if you made it with ITF installed, the game doesn't care if you use any items (which is pretty annoying, EA!). I'll try and dl it again, just in case the file was just being odd. Thanks!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top