Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Better Bridgeport-Final Update Uploaded! Download Now!

Comments

• simsfan95173simsfan95173 Posts: 1,004 Member
    edited November 2012
    It does not require KPST and Diesel. I don't have those SPs
  • gyrobotgyrobot Posts: 26 New Member
    edited November 2012
    That's nice ,my only complaint is the city still stutters. But maybe running it at a lower graphics level will improve it.
    edited December 2012
    Try clearing your caches, FeaturedItems, DCBackup, Screenshots, and WorldCaches. They are all in the Sims 3 folder. This made my game run a LOT smoother.
  • LizziguinLizziguin Posts: 1,126 Member
    edited December 2012
    I thought you weren't supposed to delete the DCbackup?

Edit: Btw, I stopped playing the updated version because of the showtime stage issues (proprietor would get routing issue). However, I might try again since I know how to fix it (just have to add another tile of platform for a stage if it's on a platform).
    edited December 2012
    @Lizziguin It's safe to delete the items in DCBackup, just don't delete the folder itself.

And is there a stage in particular you're talking about?
  • LizziguinLizziguin Posts: 1,126 Member
    edited December 2012
    I can't remember which stage it was, sorry. I'll write it down though when I get around to playing the save file later. It's a really simple fix so it's really not a big deal lol.
  • hugzandpipes1hugzandpipes1 Posts: 128 New Member
    edited December 2012
    Thanks for this world, it's great and my sims love it :-)

Unfortunately, it is horribly laggy. I have removed the caches and am using Twallans Overwatch and Master controller, still no love...

Let me know of any suggestions to free it up :wink:
    edited December 2012
    Thanks for this world, it's great and my sims love it :-)

Unfortunately, it is horribly laggy. I have removed the caches and am using Twallans Overwatch and Master controller, still no love...

Let me know of any suggestions to free it up :wink:
    Did you remove the stuff in the FeaturedItems, DCBackup, Screenshots, and WorldCaches folders?
    edited December 2012
    Yep, and now it won't even load... :(
    edited December 2012
    That's weird, I can play it just fine. Do you have some CC?

Edit: I have been noticing some freezes in all neighborhoods since the patch. I've never had a problem with lag/freeze (not even in Bridgeport) until I installed that patch. I hope this get fixed soon :(
    edited December 2012
    Thanks simsfan! Hopefully I can get back to it soon :)
  • HLORD33HLORD33 Posts: 17
    edited December 2012
    Hmm I gave this a try as I like Bridgeport.. I found alot of the native families left town within the first two game weeks (9 of them) I have sneaky suspicion why and will restart the map again and see what happens.. Also when you added binder clips you forgot to assign the old workers back.. Ritchie Striker was working in the potion store, Big Hartley was mixing drinks no idea what the other was doing... her name escapes me, but she lives at the Belle household..

You added far too many female sims and most of the male sims were In the households that vacated so there is a lack of gender balance >.< Also there are no houses to start a new family, I had to export another sim because of the house prices.

Like alot of the things you added however, some real nice touches.
    edited December 2012
    @HLORD33: EA's story progression tends to get rid of a big chunk of the population probably because it considers the city overpopulated. That's why I play with SP off.

As for the job assignments, I don't know how to reassign their jobs while keeping the save completely unplayed. I might have to do it in CAW (if that's possible). But I'll look into it.

The houses behind the school are a bit pricey, but there are 3 affordable apartments available.
    edited December 2012
    Uploaded a new version!

I manage to fix the job employment issue mentioned above without CAW, but with Twallan's mods, and while keeping the save unplayed! (wasn't easy :wink: ).

With his mods, their were some other errors I found:

Turns this affected other sims as well. I fixed them too.

I was also a little generous with the job levels with many of the native residents. I always felt that their original job levels were too low, especially considering their celebrity level.

Also,there where apparently some npc clones running around :shock: I deleted them.

And the premade vamps showed up human when in CAS. I fixed that, giving all the premade vamps their supernatural status that should "stick", including the npc vamps.

Enjoy the fixed version guys! :-)
  • DoctorGenericDoctorGeneric Posts: 2
    edited January 2013
    I don't understand why, but neither of the download links work for me. I have tried to click and start both of them but neither of the sites are starting the downloads. Is there any chance you could re-upload them to see if that fixes or if there is a 3rd website you could host the save at? I'd greatly appreciate it tons, as I love bridgeport and the fact you have an updated map of it to boot.
    edited January 2013
    Sure. Here's another MediaFire link: http://www.mediafire.com/?vcukiu968d6inax

Make sure you clear your internet caches and see if that will work :-)
    edited January 2013
    Sure. Here's another MediaFire link: http://www.mediafire.com/?vcukiu968d6inax

Make sure you clear your internet caches and see if that will work :-)
  • peoineepeoinee Posts: 2,183 Member
    edited January 2013
    OMG i think i love you lol. You even added the store content ive been trying to add (spa items and bastet ball) I didnt see did you add the wishing well in from Lucky plams?
    edited January 2013
    lol thanks! no I don't have the wishing well. I wouldn't even know where to put it with all this stuff :lol:
  • Mychro5Mychro5 Posts: 3,243 Member
    edited February 2013
    I clicked on both links and i appeared as invalid or deleted :/ I am super excited for this world, because i really like Bridgeport but i felt it needed more. :)

edit: oh and i cleared the cache and it still doesnt work.

Never mind, I think the link on the first post worked. But just so i can be clear on this. This is not a new world, its a save file?
    hs3c.png
    edited February 2013
    Mychro5 wrote:
    But just so i can be clear on this. This is not a new world, its a save file?
    Correct.

Just to let everyone know, I will be updating for University Life :-)
    edited March 2013
    Updated for UL. Have fun with it guys! :)
  • GenuineGemGenuineGem Posts: 135 Member
    edited March 2013
    Thank you so, so, so much for the UL update! I love your version of BP so much more than actual BP, which is a lot coming from me since it's my favourite world XD
  • slothesaurusslothesaurus Posts: 11
    edited March 2013
    Hi there, I just found this thread and I'm amazed at what you've done with Bridgeport! I love building lofts for the world but it's always been a pain to set everything up for every family i want to establish in it. I was just wondering if you'd still have an earlier version of your Bridgeport save available up until Seasons? I'm not getting University Life so I unfortunately won't be able to use the latest one D: Sorry for the trouble and hope you have a good day!
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2013
    Simsfan, just out of curiosity seeing the University Life is a complete subhood - what exactly makes your world updated for Uni as technically all the worlds I have installed - which is about 40 worlds give or take a few - worked with no issues at all simply by me choosing to send a sim to University after I installed an ep. Nothing had to be done to a single world for this to work. So I am baffled why some creators are claiming a world is updated for Uni when nothing is needed to be added to the worlds themselves as long as one has the ep.

The University rh's do not work as Uni buildings in a regular world - so I am really curious what you did or felt you had to do.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top