This site will go into read-only mode on July 18th as the new Forums.EA.com are now live.

Stolen Creation Featured

I need to know how to get in contact with EA, or who to talk to about a stolen/re-uploaded creation being featured. Surely EA does not intend to feature content that the person themself did not make. Does anyone know who to talk to, or how to contact EA about this? Re-uploading is one thing, featuring them is another. They even put "Please do not steal my creations" in the description.

Original:
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5339972

Copy:
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5367820

This has become a bigger issue lately. It's usually fixed easily but this is the worst so far to actually be featued by EA for something they didn't even make. This is really discouraging.

Comments

• Options
    TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    edited March 2012
    They look similar but not the same to me.
  • Options
    LittleVLittleV Posts: 8,565 Member
    edited March 2012
    This person has re-uploaded several of my creations in the past. I downloaded the coat, and it is in fact the one I made.
  • Options
    dani24amdani24am Posts: 20
    edited March 2012
    the "copy" have differance between them. Look at the front legs. there are differances on the neck as well.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    dani24am wrote:
    the "copy" have differance between them. Look at the front legs. there are differances on the neck as well.
    Because it's the other side of the horse shown. The only difference is they removed two of the white layers on the legs, but the rest are the same. Again, this person has uploaded my items in the past, and I downloaded this featued coat and it is in fact the same. I understand the Exchange is huge and EA can overlook things, but it is something that needs to be addressed.

Does anyone know EA's customer service line or email? They don't seem to make it easy to find on their website.
  • Options
    piratekitagpiratekitag Posts: 3,326 New Member
    edited March 2012
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Thanks a lot! Ugh, unfortunatley I'm leaving for work now and I don't get off till late. I will have to contact them tomorrow :(
  • Options
    DramaGirl495DramaGirl495 Posts: 134
    edited March 2012
    I'm not sure they'll do anything. It's not as if there is any proof... Plus, EA has never been very helpful to begin with.

Good luck, though!
  • Options
    Faith12368Faith12368 Posts: 2,997 Member
    edited March 2012
    Unfortunately as long as there are subtle differences that does not make it plagiarism your work is not copyrighted in any way, shape, or form and that is the chance you take when you upload something to a public exchange. I'm sorry you feel this way, but that is the way it is.
    Long live the new Doctor!
  • Options
    rooroomay1509rooroomay1509 Posts: 2,693 Member
    edited March 2012
    LittleV im with you, but people do have their opinions, but i can cleary see that they of course made changes to claim it as theirs! People the body coloring is alike! but not in HD or bright, the picture is pretty dull too.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    WolfTown56WolfTown56 Posts: 686
    edited March 2012
    Goodness, what a copy. Remember though, I always tell my self, they are copying because they LIKE your creation. Sorry this is happening to you LittleV :(