Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cutest Lil' Jazz Singer (3/12) Blog story discontinued

Comments

• mypalsim1mypalsim1 Posts: 4,282 Member
    edited May 2012
    Posting a little bonus!

They've aged up now (except Alicia and Andrés, I can't find em, but when I do I'll do it) so here's some pics!

Screenshot-72.jpg
    Here's what the game gave me when Gloria aged up. OH NO. No you don't!

Screenshot-74.jpg
    There, that's better. That's my Gloria. I fixed the hair and eyebrows and, well, clothes obviously, but that's all. I wanted to thin her eyebrows because I see actresses from this era with real thin eyebrows.

Screenshot-73.jpg
    Okay, on the off-times I would have Rick work out to pass the time. It shows. :shock: Maybe I should've taken his pic with his workout attire on.

Screenshot-76.jpg
    WOW. Camilla. Gone from cute to gorgeous. I guess Tom could see what I couldn't.

Screenshot-78.jpg
    Dorothy, beautiful of course, and very similar to her teen self.

Screenshot-79.jpg
    Same thing with Tom. I even kept him in the same clothes the game gave him.

And just for kicks, here's the prom photo:
    Screenshot.jpg

edited May 2012
  • jbfairybirdjbfairybird Posts: 3,923 New Member
    edited May 2012
    Excellent chapter.

Its funny how Rick still just didn't seem to get it right up until the very end there. Suppose he's blinded by his belief on what's right for a woman. lol.

Anyway the end of a first love is sad but this needed to happen.

I love the age ups too.
    edited May 2012
    Excellent chapter.

Its funny how Rick still just didn't seem to get it right up until the very end there. Suppose he's blinded by his belief on what's right for a woman. lol.

Anyway the end of a first love is sad but this needed to happen.

I love the age ups too.

Rick. Is. Really mad. He thinks Gloria is making a huge mistake, and he's worried that now she'll find someone else that also enjoys "that jazz lifestyle", and he won't get his opportunity, as he foresees it, to come back and pick up the pieces. (huge run-on sentence, I know.)

But yeah, he's mad. Hence the punching the paparazzi guy. I wished I coulda done that better, but it's not that bad so I can't really complain. I loved how Gloria started looking all ticked off on her own and stuff. :)

He really is a male chauvinistic pig isn't he? :lol: Ah well, he was just doing what he understood to be right. In a way, I feel sorry for him.

I'm very happy with the age-ups. The next chapter stars Tom and Camilla. I couldn't resist. I'm also planning a Darren and Dorothy one later on.

Thanks for reading and commenting! I hope your puter is behaving again. :)
    edited May 2012
    edited May 2012
    there will be an update tomorrow

and bump hehe
    edited May 2012
    bump.

And I've been debating what exactly to do next, and I think I'm going to go ahead and introduce Mr. Doctor-man's family, plus a surprise that I'd been planning.

I just need to do a nice house in ... Twinbrook I think. maybe there's one on the exchange that will do.

Oh, so much so much to do until I can do the scene I'm biting my nails over!
    edited May 2012
    Alright, every time I tried to move in Eric's parents the game would do something really strange. I could move them in, but at the time when it was supposed to zoom in - it would just stay in neighborhood view. I could pan, pull up the cheat bar, but that's it. No bar on the bottom. strange. gonna try again another way today.

edit: The other way didn't work! Plus, after I tried with anyone from the simbin in a fresh, dopplegangered neighborhood the same thing would happen. New neighborhood/old neighborhood didn't make a difference.

I've had to take Eric's family out of the simbin totally. Now my game runs fine. ???? I have no idea. Maybe the file was corrupt. I'll try again with a fresh download later.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited May 2012
    Well, since I can't do the introduce-Eric's-family scene yet I'm going to set up for the bit I'm biting my nails over. Pics are done. I didn't wanna write anything until I knew what the pics were gonna look like. So, I'm writing it up today. Should be released either today or tomorrow.
  • M2KarateMomM2KarateMom Posts: 24
    edited May 2012
    I love that picture of Gloria leaning on the table! It's so cool! I just read the latest chapter and can't wait for the next. I am so impatient. BTW Mr.-Dr.-Man(LOL) really needs to find a way to tell Gloria how he feels about her.
    edited May 2012
    I love that picture of Gloria leaning on the table! It's so cool! I just read the latest chapter and can't wait for the next. I am so impatient. BTW Mr.-Dr.-Man(LOL) really needs to find a way to tell Gloria how he feels about her.

Poor Mr. Doctor-man! He got just a little too good over the last six or so months of hiding how he really feels. Then, he gets a chance (and hoping she's not too drunk, making her forget it) to tell her and Fred-who-doesn't-look-like-a-Fred-that-I-think-I'll-call-D*ck-for-the-heck-of-it (also D*ck is just a period slang term for a guy) comes along and ruins it!!!

Edit: LMAO! It censored the name! Dang it! It's a nickname for Richard! Pervey forum you!

You're reminding me I need to try again to DL the family you made. I have no idea why they didn't work. Hopefully a one-time thing.

I had the best time taking pics for this chapter! I'm so loving that dress and the expressions the sims did for me either in the pose or on their own.

Thanks for commenting!
  • jbfairybirdjbfairybird Posts: 3,923 New Member
    edited May 2012
    I enjoyed the chapter. Summertime is one of my favorite songs so I'm glad you included it even if the timeperiod is a little off.

Gloria is still a bit too innocent where men are concerned for her profession. Its too bad Frd walked up when Mr. Doctorman was finally going to confess his feelings to Gloria.

edited May 2012
    I enjoyed the chapter. Summertime is one of my favorite songs so I'm glad you included it even if the timeperiod is a little off.

Gloria is still a bit too innocent where men are concerned for her profession. Its too bad Frd walked up when Mr. Doctorman was finally going to confess his feelings to Gloria.

I'll say this... Fred saw where that was going and didn't like it.

Perhaps Gloria should listen to the 'Mama' in her head and be careful. Alot of attention isn't always a good thing. (alot should be a word dangit!)

Yes, I just had to include Summertime somewhere. I didn't want to wait all the way into the 30s. 35 for that matter.

I've been singing that song ever since I wrote that chapter. I had it on repeat while I was writing it.

Thanks!
    edited May 2012
    bump

currently working on QoD, but CLJS is after that, and that shouldn't take long since all I really have to do is take the shots. I wrote up the thing at a restaurant last night hehe.
    edited June 2012
    Screenshot-101-1.jpg
    Eric, you're such a sweetie!

I just wanted to share this. It's a tiny, not-to-revealing sneak peek into the next chapter, Meet the Marshalls.
  • Gatorade3Gatorade3 Posts: 4,093 Member
    edited June 2012
    I purposefully haven't been checking in here so I can come back in the future and just relish in the entire thing again ;) very lovely story. It was definitely worth the wait, but I will be much more regular :)
    edited June 2012
    Gatorade3 wrote:
    I purposefully haven't been checking in here so I can come back in the future and just relish in the entire thing again ;) very lovely story. It was definitely worth the wait, but I will be much more regular :)

:lol: that's awesome, I do the same thing! People wonder how I can just read a whole dang thing in one fell swoop, but I do! (unless it's epic, then it might take a few days)

Be as regular or not as you want!

Thanks for the compliment. :oops: :mrgreen:
    edited June 2012
    M2KarateMom (sorry if I messed up your name),

The lovely Marshall family you made for me is just not working! What do you want me to do? Have you make one with no CC or just have me make them, but keep the names and traits?

Let me know.
    edited June 2012
  • M2KarateMomM2KarateMom Posts: 24
    edited June 2012
    mypalsim1 wrote:

The lovely Marshall family you made for me is just not working! What do you want me to do? Have you make one with no CC or just have me make them, but keep the names and traits?

Let me know.

The name was right :D. I didnt think there was CC in it, but if you want me to check I can fix them up then re post them. If you want to remake the family thats fine by me. Whatever is best for you. :D
    edited June 2012
    mypalsim1 wrote:

Let me know.

The name was right :D. I didnt think there was CC in it, but if you want me to check I can fix them up then re post them. If you want to remake the family thats fine by me. Whatever is best for you. :D

Hm. There was the "!" thing on the downloads thing saying I didn't have something. I wonder if that's what was causing it. Maybe put them in non-store stuff n then I can fix them into the stuff you have them in when I start them up if I have that item? I have the family in the bin, but I can't move them into a house.

I'd like to use yours because you went through the trouble to make them for me.

Again, let me know.