Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thinking about Stuffed Animals (Updated with Other Toys)

Yeah, stuffed animals are huge parts of childhood, but they were terribly ignored in TS3, in which they were treated as merely decorations.

So I am thinking maybe in future TS3 EP or TS4, stuffed animals could play a bigger role in childhood.

A New Object Type: Plush Toys

Toddlers and children can form attachment to plush toys as they play and sleep with them. After a toddler or children spent a lot of time with a plush toy, he/she would become "attached". When a teen/adult/elderly sims is at the same room as a plush toy which he/she was once attached to, he/she get the "Feeling warm" moodlet (+10 mood, negative moodlets become less lasting).

A New favourite: Favourite Animals

We can choose the favourite animals for our sims. A sims is more likely to become attached to a plush toy that resemble his/her favourite animal. (e.g. A sims whose favourite animal is elephant is more likely to be attached to a plush elephant.) Of course it will affect his/her interaction with real animals too.

New Moodlets

Children, Toddler and childish sims gets the "playing with friends" moodlet (+10 mood, faster fun and social motive gain), when they are doing fun-related activities while having a plush toy that he/she is attached to in his/her inventory.

Children, toddler and childish sims can talk to/hug with plush toys that they are attached to in order to alleviate negative moodlets.

Plush Toy and Personality:

Of course there should be a wider range of plush toys, including mammals, birds, fishes, reptiles and amphibians.

What types of plush toys a child/toddler prefer to hang out with may affect his/her personality too. For example, child/toddler who play with plush lions a lot are more likely to gain the "Daredevil" or "Brave" trait. A child/toddler who hang around with a plush elephant a lot is more likely to gain the "friendly" trait.

(There is no psychlogical evidence of type of plush toy being able to affect personality. I just think that it would be more fun this way.)

Here is the effect of different stuffed animals on personality:

Lion/Eagle/Swordfish: Brave
Tiger/Falcon/Shark: Daredevil
Dolphin/Penguin/Whale Shark: Friendly
Hamster/Frog/Lizard: Hates the Outdoor
Bear/Turtle: Shy
Rhino/Crocodile: Grumpy
Bunny/Parrot: Schmoozer
Elephant: Lucky
Flamingo: Flirty
Owl: Night Owl (This is a trait I proposed before, it makes the sims sleep later at night)
Ladybug: Snob
Honeybee: Workaholic
Llama: Good

Secret Plush Toy: The Cowplant plush

These plush toys can be brought from the toy shop (it would be awesome if we could have one in the neighbourhood) if the player offer the shopowner a life fruit. When a child/toodler/childish sims become attached to the cowplant plush, he/she may gain the "Not so Tasty" secret trait. Any sims who has this trait cannot be eaten by the cowplant.

Playing Pretend:

Sims children and toddler (and childish sims) can play pretend with their plush toys. Such as tea parties, rescue, speech, teaching with their plush toys.

Tea Party:
May randomly gain charisma skill.

Rescue:
A child may engage in a fantasy in which he/she save a plush toy from danger. May gain athletic skill.

Speech:
A child may give speech in front of plush toys. May gain charisma skills.

Teaching:
A child may play "teacher and students" with his/her plush toy(s), may gain logic skill.

etc.

...so on.

RC Toys

Our sims may need some RC toys like what we had back in TS2. This time, we could also have some contest, such as a RC car grand prix, in the neighbourhood. Our sims would need to upgrade their RC toys. Thus, winning depends mostly on handiness skills.

Anyone who wins the adult class of the grand prix will get a secret car, which runs much faster than other cars.

Jack-in-a-box

Making a return from TS2. Make a child more likely to gain the daredevil trait.

Kite

Make a child more likely to gain the "Love the Outdoor" trait.

...so on.

Comments

• Options
    TtnFn04TtnFn04 Posts: 1,727 New Member
    edited March 2012
    Totally agree. There is a shortage of stuffed animals in this game (seriously). I really want more that the sims can play with too, instead of just the decor-type stuff... :/
  • Options
    PepperbuttPepperbutt Posts: 3,201 New Member
    edited March 2012
    I'm in college, and sleep with a penguin.. and was too lazy to read your OP.

I agree on what the title says. C: (I was realllllly disappointed that my Sims couldn't do crap with that adorable stuffed duck from Pets. It's so cute. :c )
  • Options
    LittleVLittleV Posts: 8,565 Member
    edited March 2012
    My boyfriend bought me a stuffed turtle from the Georgia Aquarium on a business trip that I keep on the bed (Yes, Microsoft sponsored everyone to go to the friggin' aquarium)

....because I like tuddles

i_like_turtles.jpg
  • Options
    wizplacewizplace Posts: 1,820 Member
    edited March 2012
    Pengiuns and Pandas :) :shock:
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    LittleV wrote:
    My boyfriend bought me a stuffed turtle from the Georgia Aquarium on a business trip that I keep on the bed (Yes, Microsoft sponsored everyone to go to the friggin' aquarium)

i_like_turtles.jpg

OH MY GOD, I LOVE THAT VIDEO. Whenever I see it, or I hear the word turtle, I burst out laughing. I'm weird, I'm aware.

(OT: Penguins are lacking in the game. Add moar. Preferably in stuffed animals you can cuddle with.)
  • Options
    wizplacewizplace Posts: 1,820 Member
    edited March 2012
    Pepperbutt wrote:
    LittleV wrote:

i_like_turtles.jpg

OH MY GOD, I LOVE THAT VIDEO. Whenever I see it, or I hear the word turtle, I burst out laughing. I'm weird, I'm aware.

(OT: Penguins are lacking in the game. Add moar. Preferably in stuffed animals you can cuddle with.)
    Skip lions and tigers and bears *oh my!* it's all about pengiuns :)
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    wizplace wrote:
    Pepperbutt wrote:
    LittleV wrote:

i_like_turtles.jpg

Skip lions and tigers and bears *oh my!* it's all about pengiuns :)

Yes. It IS all about penguins. :c All about the Emperors, and Rockhoppers, and Kings, and Littles, and Chinstraps, and Africans! We need MOAR. (I've only seen like. One, at least that I've seen. >( THAT IS UNACCEPTABLE. It was a store dresser recolor.)
  • Options
    sockmonkey19sockmonkey19 Posts: 128
    edited March 2012
    I would LOVE to have that added i have millions of stuffed animals in real life! :lol:
  • Options
    BlackVenusFlytrapBlackVenusFlytrap Posts: 667
    edited March 2012
    Totally agree. There is a shortage of stuffed animals in this game (seriously). I really want more that the sims can play with too, instead of just the decor-type stuff... :/

Actually, I would say that TS3 has a shortage of toys in general. Remember the RC cars and RC helicopters back in TS2?
  • Options
    SIMplifiedSIMplified Posts: 4,536 Member
    edited March 2012
    I've gotten some free bears from the store (: but my bf gave me a plushy animal thing that I sleep with every night. If we had more than just bears, and bears in rabbit costumes, that'd be nice (: if there's anymore than just bear I'm sorry I can't recall them (:
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    SIMplified wrote:
    I've gotten some free bears from the store (: but my bf gave me a plushy animal thing that I sleep with every night. If we had more than just bears, and bears in rabbit costumes, that'd be nice (: if there's anymore than just bear I'm sorry I can't recall them (:

Well, there is a wuggleworth bear in TS3, and there are several stuffed animals too, including a unicorn, giraffe and dragon.

But all of them except the bear are merely decorations.
  • Options
    ValandisValandis Posts: 2,008 Member
    edited March 2012
    I also want to have a llama plushie! There is just something special about Sims and llamas.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Valandis:

Yeah, you are right. Llama is such a huge part of the franchise :lol:, so it shouldn't be missed.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    SIMplified wrote:

The bear is the only thing you can do anything with. :| Dressing them up is fine, but I want moar than a bear. :c Why can't I dress up a penguin?
  • Options
    TINA180TINA180 Posts: 683 Member
    edited March 2012
    These Ideas would be cool from the Store..
  • Options
    NeashaleighNeashaleigh Posts: 760 Member
    edited March 2012
    I love the idea of having more interaction with stuffed toys and other toys. I hate that they're only decorational at the moment.
    ~o Sapphire o~
    Gallery
  • Options
    kethrydrakekethrydrake Posts: 2,389 Member
    edited March 2012
    Definitely more different types of stuffed animals in the game. I have a stuffed Falcor (from Neverending Story). It could replace some of the interactions from the imaginary friend. Actually that would be kind of cool having imaginary animals.
  • Options
    WaffenThinMintWaffenThinMint Posts: 312 New Member
    edited March 2012
    What about a stuffed cuddly cowplant? :D
  • Options
    DarrellRBeebeDarrellRBeebe Posts: 663 Member
    edited March 2012
    I have to say, there's nothing worse than seeing a cute new toy to decorate your kids' room with, only to find out that it's a "view" only object. Kids need more animals to cuddle with ...
    And, you know, a hell of a lot more to do in this freakin' game, but that's a post for another time.
    (Seriously, WHY THE HELL can't they play on the flippin' piano?!? Kids have been taking piano lessons since piano's were first invented. Mozart was a musical child prodigy! Makes NO SENSE that they can't play on the piano.)
    Back to your regularly scheduled topc is 3 ... 2... 1...
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I have to say, there's nothing worse than seeing a cute new toy to decorate your kids' room with, only to find out that it's a "view" only object. Kids need more animals to cuddle with ...

^This. x100.
  • Options
    constanceconstance Posts: 1,379 Member
    edited March 2012
    Pepperbutt wrote:

^This. x100.

x10000 and one cent.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    TINA180 wrote:
    These Ideas would be cool from the Store..

I hate the store. Because EA keep taking contents that should be in the game and put them in the store :evil:.

What about a stuffed cuddly cowplant? :D

:lol:That would be totally awesome.

And, you know, a hell of a lot more to do in this freakin' game, but that's a post for another time.
    (Seriously, WHY THE HELL can't they play on the flippin' piano?!? Kids have been taking piano lessons since piano's were first invented. Mozart was a musical child prodigy! Makes NO SENSE that they can't play on the piano.)
    Back to your regularly scheduled topc is 3 ... 2... 1...

^This. x10000000000000.
  • Options
    christine400christine400 Posts: 5,554 Member
    edited March 2012
    idkk if you said this but i would love it if they could sleep with their stuffed animals when they went to bed
    that would be cute !
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    idkk if you said this but i would love it if they could sleep with their stuffed animals when they went to bed
    that would be cute !

Yeah, it is quite upsetting that we could let our sims sleep with stuffed animals...

EA: Your sims is having the "cuddle time" moodlet after sleeping with the teddy bear!

Me: What? I didn't see him having any teddy bear!

EA: Can't you see? That teddy bear is not in his arms, but his inventory!

Me: :evil:
  • Options
    christine400christine400 Posts: 5,554 Member
    edited March 2012
    that would be cute !

Yeah, it is quite upsetting that we could let our sims sleep with stuffed animals...

EA: Your sims is having the "cuddle time" moodlet after sleeping with the teddy bear!

Me: What? I didn't see him having any teddy bear!

EA: Can't you see? That teddy bear is not in his arms, but his inventory!

Me: :evil:

lol sounds like them
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top