This site will go into read-only mode on July 18th as the new Forums.EA.com are now live.

Game won't load?

So today when I go to the main menu of my game the picture of my family & their house isn't there, and when I try to play the game it says "A serious error has occurred while loading. It is strongly recommended that you restart the application." So I quit the game and when I got back on it was the same thing.

I was playing it yesterday & it was fine.

Thanks (:

Comments

• Options
    Kelly3221Kelly3221 Posts: 905 New Member
    edited March 2012
    Bump!
  • Options
    CurliestCurliest Posts: 303
    edited March 2012
    I imagine your save got corrupted some how, you need to delete the current save and restore it from one of the backup files. I can tell you how to do this if you're interested, just let me know.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Curliest wrote:
    I imagine your save got corrupted some how, you need to delete the current save and restore it from one of the backup files. I can tell you how to do this if you're interested, just let me know.

That would be great! I have no clue how to do it! (:
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I'm going to get some snapshots so you can see how. That way I don't accidentally make you mess your game up. I warn you though I did hear that when you restore your back up file it's your save BEFORE last. But that's better than nothing.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Curliest wrote:
    I'm going to get some snapshots so you can see how. That way I don't accidentally make you mess your game up. I warn you though I did hear that when you restore your back up file it's your save BEFORE last. But that's better than nothing.

Okay, thank you so much!!
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Alright so, click your Taskbar and click Documents (or you can click your user name first, then scroll through the list and click documents, in this case my username is 'Curly'.)

Documents.png

Next click your 'Electronic Arts' thread.

Electronics.png

Then 'Saves'

Saves.png

Right click and COPY the name of your save with the .backup behind it.

Copy.png

Then right click and paste it in a blank area of this SAME file. It may tell you that there's already a file by this name, so tell it to rename the file but keep both.

paste.png

Then right-click that file you just pasted and click 'Rename'.

?action=view&current=Rename.png

Then delete the .backup off the end. If it asks if you want to replace a file by the same name tell it yes.

Test.png

And that should do it, it worked for me. But I will say that I followed this steps after I had delete my current save from my game. However it shouldn't make a difference.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Thank you!! I tried it & I'm starting my game! Hopefully it works!!
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Kelly3221 wrote:

You're welcome. Let me know how it goes.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Curliest wrote:
    Kelly3221 wrote:

You're welcome. Let me know how it goes.

It worked!! Thank you!! :D