Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

BlackSand's Builds ... and Remodels for Hidden Springs

Comments

• Options
    BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    It is great that you are back building! :) Enjoy simming!

@rosemow‌

I decided to work on my most challenging lot yet to date.
    Wanted to do a story, so I have to build the props.
    I also wanted to be able to dive in a world that doesn't freeze up as much as Paradise Island.
    It is tedious work different than most of my other builds, but I am enjoying it.

BlackSand Dive Area 001 ... scuba-smiley.gif

DiveSpot1_zps33773104.jpg

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Your Dive lot looks great! :) It looks very nice how you have placed the plants and rocks, and the columns and ruins look great there. Sims will enjoy going diving there!
  • Options
    MorakaiMorakai Posts: 3,806 Member
    Oh that looks great! Love the 'scaping of it! Great flow of coral & flora. Got a great pic! Can sims take pics while underwater? That would be cool! :D
  • Options
    Morakai wrote: »
    Oh that looks great! Love the 'scaping of it! Great flow of coral & flora. Got a great pic! Can sims take pics while underwater? That would be cool! :D

@Morakai‌

I don't know if they can take pictures under water .. Will tell you when I test the lot.
    Like I mentioned, I am making the lot to use as a prop in a story ... Something abut hidden treasure ... Blah-blah-blah.

I put a grave in one corner of the lot to go along with the story.

DiveSpot2_zpsbdf059e2.jpg
  • Options
    Looks like it might be a sunken island. Looks fabulous! :D
  • Options
    It is great that you are creating a story, and will be using this lot in the scenes of the story. It looks great that you have a graveyard area in the lot. The colours of the underwater plants are very nice! :)
  • Options
    Morakai wrote: »

@Morakai‌
    There is an underwater camera your Sims can purchase to take pictures while diving.

I found it in "buydebug" while working on the lot, but haven't tried one out yet ... Will try it when I test the lot.
    If you filter your selection in "buy/build mode" to the Island Paradise folder ... It will be the first item in the first row.
    Working on setting all the "fog emitters", "spawners" (underwater, because you have to set the surface spawners prior to building) treasure chests and cave now.

Should be able to test the lot soon ... Been learning a lot during this build.

1lg095SCUBA.gif

• Options
    I am thinking about uninstalling ITF, as it messes with my IP. I like IP more than I like ITF. hehe I like diving, and living on the ocean. The only part that I do like from ITF is the fake ground that makes it easy to have a garden anywhere. Unfortunately you can't grow a tree in a planter bowl... or at least I haven't been able to. Looking forward to seeing this build when it is complete! :D
  • Options
    Testing The Dive Area ...

DiveSpot4_zps463d540e.jpg

I used to test lots in a tailored world with little going on, but found out that method did not account for game activity.
    Now I test lots in a regular world full of Sims, so I can see if there is any "glitching" when the game is running the whole world.

To my surprise ... When I went to test the lot, there was a local Sim and a tourist already on the lot and using it.
    They were not in my test group ... But it was neat.

DiveSpot3_zps2599c030.jpg

Everything is running smooth ... The fog emmitters (ocean light rays, minnow and various non-collectable fish) are working.
    Treasure chests and collectables worked fine ... Even had a fight with a shark underwater ... Stole one of his teeth.

Arhh ... pirateshipsmilies.gif

• Options
    Nice! >:)

So looking forward to seeing your creation up close!
  • Options
    It is great that the testing of your dive lot is going well :) It looks great! It is great that other sims are coming to enjoy diving there too, apart from your testers.
  • Options
    MeaganJoMeaganJo Posts: 4,343 Member
    Ooooh looks so pretty!
  • Options
    @rosemow, @Morakai‌ and @MeaganJo‌ ...Thanks so much for the kind comments.

The lots is completely functional, and I learned a lot of new things about building.
    It is the first time I used programmable items like the emitters and whatnot.
    I thought it was going to be hard to build after reading a tutorial ... But the author did a great job with instructions.

Which brings up another problem though ...
    People discussed getting dive area lots deep enough to be used on other worlds or from the "lot bin".

It isn't a matter of getting the lot deep enough ... You have to set the lot exactly the same depth it was when I flattened the lot while making it. That would be a wild guess to start with because you have to sink the area below the dive ball to set everything on the surface before you build the lot. There is no way to actually measure that ... And I would have a hard time getting it exactly right myself. I don't know of any tools or cheats that would help with that either.

DiveSpot5_zps7429a8a9.jpg

Good news though ... The tutorial is easy to follow and written so you can go back and forth between it and the game after every step. It doesn't tell you how to decorate or design the lot ... But all of the functions and commands are provided. It may seem like a huge task to start with, but when you get the basics down it goes pretty smooth and easy. I cannot post the link to the tutorial, but if you type "Sims 3 Dive Lot" in the search engine ... "Create Dive Lots- SimVIP" will show up. It is easy to use with solid, and great instructions and worked out awesome.

Thanks Again Ladies ... Have A Wonderful Day!

• Options
    luvalphvleluvalphvle Posts: 1,545 Member
    I love the dive lot! I'm too chicken to attempt it. :#
  • Options
    It is great that the dive lot is working as you planned it to. The programable emitters creating effects in the lot would be a great part of the lot and add much to the build. It sounds like it was interesting lot to build because you learnt new things as you were following the tutorial.
    I hope that you enjoy doing your story and using it as a scene :)
  • Options
    luvalphvle wrote: »
    I love the dive lot! I'm too chicken to attempt it. :#

@luvalphvle‌

To tell you the truth, with the link posted above (Sims 3 Dive Lots in search engine and ... Create Dive Lots- SimVIP) to get your lot set and started, it is easier to build a dive area than a house. It is basically just terrain and landscaping ... All the other stuff like the emitters, spawners and mess are covered in the tutorial.

You can place almost any object on the lot ("moveobjects" command required to set all the coral and stuff anyway).
    It looks so neat when you done and visit for the first time ... Everything swaying in the current.

DiveSpot8_zps04896aad.jpg

I also plan on using my lot as part of a storyline.
    As @Morakai mentioned earlier ... Like a lost treasure and a sunken island.
    Was thinking about playing off the Dragon Valley storyline a little and maybe putting a dragon egg down there.

DiveSpot6_zpsa3a03036.jpg

I included broken wagons, charred trees and whatnot in this dive lot anyway.
    I added a cave that I can connect to another cave/lot if I feel like it (all covered in the tutorial).
    You can also set, program and trigger "relic sites" throughout the lot if you desire.
    I made this lot 64x64 ... It wasn't tough to fill up.

DiveSpot7_zpsefc1f1ee.jpg

I have seen your work and you are talented enough to pull it off.

You have the imagination that would make it easy.
    Give it a try if you like the idea ... It is easier than you think once you get past the first steps.

• Options
    luvalphvleluvalphvle Posts: 1,545 Member
    edited January 2015
    @BlackSand - I'm just so impressed with your lot! I'll definitely have to check out that tutorial. I've worked with lot markers and the fog emitter and stuff like that, but there is something about dive lots that just intimidates me!
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Well ... Now that I got the dive area built I needed a row of colorful beach houses for people to stay in.

BlackSand1_zps32fddd32.jpg

I will put in a port next, then a build a couple of bars or clubs.
    Might turn the beach area in front of the houses into something else ... Need to change the trees and greenery anyway.

Oops ... Might as well show the house a little.
    They are all the same floor plan ... Just changed up some things inside and out.

3 Bedrooms
    4 Baths
    Kitchen
    Study
    Workout
    Living Room
    Hot Tub
    Double Parking
    Room for Water Toys

BlackSand2_zps30da07ae.jpg

BlackSand3_zpsa2273371.jpg

• Options
    Your beach houses are very nice! :) Very nice exteriors of them! The colour shades of the exteriors are nice, and it looks very nice how you have placed the windows in the build. It looks nice how you have done the stairs up to the front entry porches. The car ports look great.
  • Options
    @rosemow‌

Thanks for the observations ... The build may not fit in all towns.
    It is designed with the Gulf Coast beach houses around the Fort Morgan area in mind.
    I go down there often and that made the build easier since I know the layouts.

One of the bedrooms/baths is really kind of an apartment below the main house between the parking areas.
    In the Gulf Coast beach houses it is usually used for storage and to keep hurricane supplies.
    I decided to make the apartment instead.

Thanks Again ... Have A Lovely Evening!

• Options
    SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    Your beach houses are adorable!! And I couldn't even imagine attempting a dive area...seems so complicated. But it looks great so far, you're doing an awesome job. Maybe I'll attempt that some day (after I finish my resort and my two roller coaster parks, and....and.....lol).
  • Options
    Dive Areas Complete ... Beach Houses Complete ... Uh What Next?
    How about a new modern, high-tech Equestrian Center Community Lot.

Now All I have to do is finish the insides.

BlackSand%204_zpsywmdcb8z.jpg

BlackSand%205_zpswk6ynvgh.jpg

• Options
    It is great that you have created an Equestrian Centre Community lot. The exterior design of the building is very nice! The roofing is very nice! The row of water fountains is very nice! It looks very nice how you have done the horse training course paths. The glass window tiling on the roof looks nice. It looks nice the type of fencing that you have used, and the trees give a great look to the build.
    The build is very nice! :)
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    It is great that you have created an Equestrian Centre Community lot. The exterior design of the building is very nice! The roofing is very nice! The row of water fountains is very nice! It looks very nice how you have done the horse training course paths. The glass window tiling on the roof looks nice. It looks nice the type of fencing that you have used, and the trees give a great look to the build.
    The build is very nice! :)

Thanks bunches Rose.

I am thinking about doing something different with the fountains ... They just look a little cheesy to me after a while.
    Not all Ideas are good ideas ... LOL!

I do like the skylight over the barn area though.
    Have A Wonderful Day!