Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stuff Pack Feedback from Yesterday's Blog

Hey!

Yesterday we posted a blog (http://www.thesims3.com/community/blog) and poll about potential new stuff pack ideas and there's already been tons of discussion on the forums and Twitter about it. I wanted to start a thread here with the Simmers to gather even more!

So after reading about the ideas, what made you vote for a particular pack? What would you expect from it? I can't make promises about what the future might bring, but I can promise you that we are actively listening.

thanks and hope your Saturday is amazing!

Jenn

Comments

• Options
    Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited March 2012
    I made a thread over on Ideas & Feedback where people can vote for more than one SP, as the poll only allows one vote per account :)

Edit:
    Link:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/520392.page

My favourites were Party Stuff and Decade Stuff. I'm not completely sure why, but the descriptions of those were of the most interest to me.
  • Options
    GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    edited March 2012
    The Sims 3 Decades Stuff and The Sims 3 Storytelling Stuff are my choice. :D
  • Options
    manwitchmanwitch Posts: 1,372 Member
    edited March 2012
    I found the storytelling description the most tantalizing and that one got my vote!

:mrgreen:

MW

I am not sure if it was just the way it was worded or what but it almost seemed, to me, like some one else wrote that one 8)

ETA- I just re-read them... I think it was that it was the only one that mentioned pre-built lots that might have swayed me! :mrgreen:
    A Sam Witch is just a Sam Witch ...
  • Options
    123454567889123454567889 Posts: 148 Member
    edited March 2012
    It's got to be Storytelling stuff as it sounds exciting and the concept i love the most about making your sims look like hero's in custumes! But i also like the idear of Decade & Teen Stuff! :), Hoping one of these three win as there best idears for me! :)
  • Options
    MurfMurf Posts: 369 New Member
    edited March 2012
    I think storytelling stuff already comes in every SP and EP. So there doesn't need to be a whole SP about it.

Teen sounds great to me if we can have stuff for teens of various personalities.

Sports got my pick but only because I was hoping for lots of new items with new functionality. If there's no new items like soccer goal post and basketball hoop and diving board then sport will be a very bad idea and wont sell.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Murf wrote:
    I think storytelling stuff already comes in every SP and EP. So there doesn't need to be a whole SP about it.

Teen sounds great to me if we can have stuff for teens of various personalities.

Sports got my pick but only because I was hoping for lots of new items with new functionality. If there's no new items like soccer goal post and basketball hoop and diving board then sport will be a very bad idea and wont sell.

Stuff packs rarely add "functionality" and since no new "actions" were mentioned in the description I wouldn't get my hopes up! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    HappyPhantomHappyPhantom Posts: 881 Member
    edited March 2012
    I would like to see a sports stuff pack but only if it would include things that I desperately miss from "hobbies" in the Sims 2.

I still don't know why we have no diving board or slides for our pools, just doesn't make sense considering all the stuff we do have. I miss rollerskating, basketball, bowling, the card table and fixing up a car that you eventually get to drive.

I also think it would be neat to add in some things like soccer, baseball, Frisbee, more stuff to do in the pool like volleyball or swimming laps to increase the athletic skill.

I can see all of this being part of a "sports" theme if my wish were to come true. :D
    sims4forumsmaller.gif

• Options
    Simfreak89Simfreak89 Posts: 1,656 Member
    edited March 2012
    I voted Decades Stuff. It just sounds like the most interesting one.
  • Options
    angeldollxxangeldollxx Posts: 786 New Member
    edited March 2012
    i voted for story telling just because i like fairytales even though i dont play families in my sims game :)
  • Options
    MurfMurf Posts: 369 New Member
    edited March 2012
    manwitch wrote:
    Murf wrote:

Stuff packs rarely add "functionality" and since no new "actions" were mentioned in the description I wouldn't get my hopes up! :mrgreen:
    I know, but it can happen. And since the store can add them, I think stuff packs should too. It would make Stuff packs much better since EPs focus more on features and activities then on objects

One more thing I'd like to add Jenn. I think you could combine teen and retro. It could be called Young and Old Stuff, or Past and Present Stuff. Elderly can relive and remember their teen years with retro stuff and teens can enjoy their teen years with teen stuff.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Murf wrote:
    manwitch wrote:
    Murf wrote:

I know, but it can happen. And since the store can add them, I think stuff packs should too. It would make Stuff packs much better since EPs focus more on features and activities then on objects

One more thing I'd like to add Jenn. I think you could combine teen and retro. It could be called Young and Old Stuff, or Past and Present Stuff. Elderly can relive and remember their teen years with retro stuff and teens can enjoy their teen years with teen stuff.

I totally agree with you that it would be VERY cool if they started adding "gameplay" to stuff packs! It's just that history shows they will save that for expansions and premium content from the store not stuff packs. I hope they listen to you!

:mrgreen:
  • Options
    goofhead1goofhead1 Posts: 7,282 New Member
    edited March 2012
    The teen and Party packs where my favorites
  • Options
    EternitysShadowEternitysShadow Posts: 1,194 Member
    edited March 2012
    Teen Stuff immediately got my vote, also a 'pool stuff' would be nice :-)

hinthint: diving board...

:D
  • Options
    ErikDarlingErikDarling Posts: 4 New Member
    edited March 2012
    Wow, I love these ideas for Stuff Packs, SimGuruJenn! But my favorites were:
    -Party Stuff Pack
    -Decades Stuff Pack
    I loved these two ideas, but I voted in the poll has been Decades since the description appealed to me very tender.

Good job to you, SimGuruJenn!

• Options
    123454567889123454567889 Posts: 148 Member
    edited March 2012
    I cant wait to find out which pack wins! :)
  • Options
    enmosleyenmosley Posts: 333 New Member
    edited March 2012
    Simfreak89 wrote:
    I voted Decades Stuff. It just sounds like the most interesting one.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited March 2012
    I voted for decades because i love the 80s and 90s. :D
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    evclm6evclm6 Posts: 458 Member
    edited March 2012
    I voted for Storytelling. I did think the desciption was the most interesting.
  • Options
    HatboxHatbox Posts: 1,755 Member
    edited March 2012
    I voted for the teen stuff pack because Teen Style Stuff was one of my favorites for The Sims 2.

All of them sound fantastic though, it was a hard choice! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    4thefunofit44thefunofit4 Posts: 3,032 Member
    edited March 2012
    I voted decades stuff cause i love to mix and match fashions from different decades. That was my first choice. Teens stuff and sports stuff would be 2nd and 3rd. In the end it doesnt matter as long as you don't associate any more real life celebrities to any packs, please.
  • Options
    NotSoLuckyNotSoLucky Posts: 4,682 Member
    edited March 2012
    Hey jenn. You guys make some awesome houses in the trailers for the stuff packs. I was wondering if they are fully furnished (and not just a set), could you include them in the house bin?
  • Options
    WriterGurl97WriterGurl97 Posts: 6,087 New Member
    edited March 2012
    I made an ordered list of what order I liked them.

It went:

1.Teen Stuff
    2.Party Stuff
    3.Decade Stuff
    4.Storytelling
    5.Sports

Tbh, if sports came out, I'd be really turned off. I'd hate that.
    Teen stuff would be awesome, because I think of all the LifeStages, Tenn is second most uninteresting (next to child). It'd be so awesome to have a bunch of fun for every LS
  • Options
    Kelly3221Kelly3221 Posts: 905 New Member
    edited March 2012
    Definitely the Teen Stuff!!
  • Options
    turistas9turistas9 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited March 2012
    would love The Sims 3 Storytelling Stuff ...

but one i was more exciting in was the sports one, but that won't win..
    teen pack and others sound meh.
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    edited March 2012
    Decades, definitely. I've been wanting that one since the beginning. Teens and Storytelling would be good, too, since we need more stuff for the younger simmies.

Save the sports stuff for a sports or activities related EP, I'd rather see that.
    Gallery ID: LDM2