Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I feel like screaming at my compuer right now!!!

Sadly, mt family is asleep right now, therefore I can't.

The reason I am so angry at my game? I had been playing this one sim in Bridgeport. Yesterday I was slowly working on her celebrity mansion. She's a vampire and I've decided not to use cheats to give her more money. Well, I had finished the outside and structure of the place, got it to generally look so so, played her life, etc. 2 hours of playing and couple of objects went invisible. Tried to fix it, nothing. so I restarted... remade the house. 10 minutes later my game froze :evil: I lost everything again!

So the only productive thing I could think of was getting away from the computer and do some real-life house work.

Later, third times a charm right? Well, I made her house, SAVED, and played for a while before going to bed. Good, satisfied.

Today, I was being lazy and played the game for a few hours, finished making a really nice kitchen (even vampires need there plasma drinks). I had made a neat living room (well, more like a party lounge), and had even built a pool. I thought I had saved, however, I sadly did not, the game froze. I didn't open the game up until just now and realized... I have lost EVERYTHING I had done today!!!
:evil: This game is quite evil and right now I feel like just destroying the lot altogether!

End rant.

Comments

• Options
    Zachemc2Zachemc2 Posts: 1,817 New Member
    edited March 2012
    I hate it when it happens. When I start to notice the game acting funny, I lower all the display settings. Seems to work.
  • Options
    Pugslover4Pugslover4 Posts: 2,849 Member
    edited March 2012
    Oh man, that did that to me to yesterday. I got angry!! I worked hard to build the house. I never got chance to save. I think I had/have to many stuffs I download like hair and other stuffs! Thinking about delete them. But I love them all. Epeically the one I got from the store. :( But I will figure something else to fixed it. Hopefully not a glitch or to much shade, and lighting. Like it said, lower it down and see what happen. Maybe I should give it a try! :)
    9cac0e69-be99-4238-b1c8-e9ef2f5d7718_zps38d42068.jpg
    I owned the store! Yahoo!
  • Options
    BluewindBluewind Posts: 4,709 New Member
    edited March 2012
    *hugs* Sometimes that happens hun. You might want to check your game. Sometimes adding a good mod or deleting a lot of crap on your computer can help with freezing issues. Do you use CC? It takes up massive space and can slow you down. At the very least, get the twallan saver mod to remind you to save so if it freezes, you wont loose to much work :(

My Eggs
    .gif .gif .gif .gif
  • Options
    calmorezoocalmorezoo Posts: 8,105 Member
    edited March 2012
    Ive had this issue yesterday but thank fully 30 sec earlier I had done a save so only lost art work.

But I Dont think it can be cc issue, as I dont use any 3rd cc or mods. and i keep my graphic card driver upto date and defrag my comp weekly .
    h2xmsbl]

• Options
    CutieKittyCutieKitty Posts: 615
    edited March 2012
    calmorezoo wrote:
    Ive had this issue yesterday but thank fully 30 sec earlier I had done a save so only lost art work.

But I Dont think it can be cc issue, as I dont use any 3rd cc or mods. and i keep my graphic card driver upto date and defrag my comp weekly .

I don't use any cc or mods, but I've got a lot of stuff from the Sims3Store. I blame the march madness sale... it tempted me too much and I ended up buying a bunch of sets. I know that slowed it down... but everytime I uninstall the stuff and install what I want, it uninstall's Riverview as well. On my town list for starting a new game, I've got 8 riverview's to choose from :P
  • Options
    slynnskislynnski Posts: 2,316 Member
    edited March 2012
    Bluewind wrote:
    At the very least, get the twallan saver mod to remind you to save so if it freezes, you wont loose to much work :(

This. Twallan's Saver mod has been a life saver for me (no pun intended). Before, I would lose hours of progress because on my own, I am not a frequent saver. With this mod, you are prompted at intervals that you set yourself, and you'll never forget.

I'm sorry that this happened to you! It's the most frustrating thing. When I lost progress due to freezing or crashing, I always get so frustrated that I can no longer play that save anymore. :(
  • Options
    DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    edited March 2012
    Ouch, sorry to hear this! Been there, done that, know how much it stinks. :(

I've become so paranoid about losing progress that I save like a fiend now, epecially when decorating.
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,380 Member
    edited March 2012
    Sorry for all your hard work being lost. I know how that feels so like Darkling, I save like a mad person. If I'm not sure if I've saved or not, I'll save anyway.

While decorating, I'll back out of the lot and save, just to have done a save. :roll:
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    superjenn12superjenn12 Posts: 106 New Member
    edited March 2012
    slynnski wrote:
    Bluewind wrote:
    At the very least, get the twallan saver mod to remind you to save so if it freezes, you wont loose to much work :(

This. Twallan's Saver mod has been a life saver for me (no pun intended). Before, I would lose hours of progress because on my own, I am not a frequent saver. With this mod, you are prompted at intervals that you set yourself, and you'll never forget.

I'm sorry that this happened to you! It's the most frustrating thing. When I lost progress due to freezing or crashing, I always get so frustrated that I can no longer play that save anymore. :(

me to. it is set to save every 30 mins by default but i changed it to 20 in my game that way if anything happens (and with a faulty battery in my laptop things do happen) i only lose 20 or so mins of game play.

it bypasses normal save restriction so if you are in the middle of a move or birth or in build mod it will still prompt you to save.

op: sorry about the lost game play. its the worst thing that can happen. best advise is save save save.
  • Options
    thelawtmanthelawtman Posts: 1,424 Member
    edited March 2012
    Aww op that sucks, have you tried using the overwatch mod to help run your game smoother? Also does your comptuer have enough ram to run the game?
    Could it possibly get uglier? I used to be a highly respected watcher, and now I'm a wounded dwarf with the mystical strength of a doily. I just wish I could sleep. - Rupert Giles

lpOEB4y.gif MeEUgvO.gif
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited March 2012
    The worst for me is when it freezes WHILE saving -_-
    WLfAA9V.png