Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Actually Enjoying SimPort feature

Is anyone else pleasantly surprised to be enjoying the SimPort feature? When I first heard about this expansion pack and its social networking feature I wrote it off - thinking that would be something I wouldn't do seeing as I didn't have any friends that played The Sims.

However after reading a thread on this forum about simmers looking for "mature" sims - I was thrilled to see so many people my age playing this game so I sent Friend requests to those who specifically asked for them.

As a result, I now have enough friends to enjoy SimPort and really enjoy the little side chats about our sims and their performances. Its nice talking to someone who loves the game as much as I do.

Does anyone else feel this way? :D
I now Own the Store!!...Thank you to everyone who helped me get here <3

Are u new to the Store? Then check out: the Daily Deal Thread
- Cascades & Daily Deals & Love Kids Stuff? Check this out!

Comments

• n00biityon00biityo Posts: 1,482 Member
    edited March 2012
    Simporting itself is actually quite fun it wasn't for the many, many, many, many, many , many bugs and glitches.

I really enjoy hosting sims and knowing that when I throw something on stage that someone else may benefit from it in their game. I think that feature is pointless for in-game sims, tbh.

I would enjoy sending my sim to perform if it wasn't for the many, many, many, many glitches. It's nice when both players are online and you get to read the reports on how your sim is doing (even though the sim is already back in your game) and it's fun getting the items in your inventory.

What I still can't stand is how messy the wall-system is. It makes it so hard to communicate as if it was designed to impede people from having decent convos which are easy to follow.

It's surprisingly fun. Despite the many, many, many, may glitches and bugs and the atrocious wall-system.
  • Faith_AndhopeFaith_Andhope Posts: 4,468 Member
    edited March 2012
    I don't have this yet; I am waiting to update until I know all those horrible bugs they had with the patches are fixed.

But I want to get it. And I too am a "mature" Simmer. :)

I would love to have more friends to play and chat with when I get this feature. I will bookmark your thread and contact you later. Thanks for the positive feedback. It helps.
  • honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    edited March 2012
    i'm a mature simmer...i'm almost 40yrs...but with all the bugs or you can say the freezing....i can't simport..i just play without simporting.....
  • Tommy92Tommy92 Posts: 230 New Member
    edited March 2012
    I was pleasantly surprised as well. But after collecting all the 90 stamps, I'm not sure how often I'll do it. And yea, the bugs are annoying. And on the top of it, SimPort is not even the only thing that's buggy, there's all sorts of other stuff as well.
  • gentjt32gentjt32 Posts: 677 Member
    edited March 2012
    I only experienced the Simport feature for one night. I asked a friend to send a sim and I even got to watch them perform. But that's the only friend i have, which isn't many, that actually plays and uses simport.
  • wannie00wannie00 Posts: 155 Member
    edited March 2012
    I enjoy the Simport feature too. Just wish my requests would get accepted. I added simmers asking to be added for this and there is only one or two simmers that actually accept my requests. I can't play all day everyday so I just wonder if they've already gotten all their stamps so they just ignore my requests. Seriously considering buying another base game to register on a new account so I can Simport with myself.
  • simgeek79simgeek79 Posts: 2,173 Member
    edited March 2012
    Yes the freezing can be annoying but it hasn't been too bad in my game. It's great when you find a couple of people who are on line when you are and can accept requests right away. So much better than waiting for hours. Hopefully the patch thing gets rectified soon so you all can enjoy it. Got to get back to my game, I've got a host request out and I don't want to keep them waiting...

Happy Simming! :)

P.S. To Wannie, you don't have to buy the base game to be able to set up a new account. A stuff pack works too. I bought MasterSuite and registered it under a different account. Unfortunately I can't SimPort to myself because our other computer isn't as good and I had trouble patching that game so gave up and uninstalled it. :(
    I now Own the Store!!...Thank you to everyone who helped me get here <3

Are u new to the Store? Then check out: the Daily Deal Thread
    - Cascades & Daily Deals & Love Kids Stuff? Check this out!
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    edited March 2012
    I wish I could enjoy simport. I got to host and send once each and then that was it for me. Haven't been able to do either since then. :( Now I just play without simport and rarely play in Starlight Shores anyway.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • ladycelestineladycelestine Posts: 23 New Member
    edited March 2012
    I love the IDEA of the simport. Obviously the execution needs a *lot* of work still.

On the few occasions I've gotten it to work, it's been a lot of fun to go check out my friends' sims' shows while cheering, throwing things, etc. (I could wish you have a minute or two to socialize also, but I get why that wouldn't work.)

I have found that it works best when both simmers happen to be online at the same time. In fact that seems to be the ONLY way I get it to work. Otherwise, I just have to cancel the tours and hope I get it to work the next time.
  • monaduncanmonaduncan Posts: 952 New Member
    edited March 2012
    When it works, it's a lot of fun :D
  • enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited March 2012
    I'm really enjoying simport--especially hosting. I accept hosting requests even if I have the stamp for it already, but I can only host one at a time :wink:
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited March 2012
    wannie00 wrote:
    I enjoy the Simport feature too. Just wish my requests would get accepted. I added simmers asking to be added for this and there is only one or two simmers that actually accept my requests. I can't play all day everyday so I just wonder if they've already gotten all their stamps so they just ignore my requests. Seriously considering buying another base game to register on a new account so I can Simport with myself.

So you only need to register with a base game to set up a second account? Hmmm...I've got an extra copy that I bought when I had to reinstall and couldn't find my base game (ended up finding my original pack later). I'm seriously considering doing the same thing at least for some of the stamps.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    edited March 2012
    Thanks for this info! I thought I had registered all my stuff packs but turns out I hadn't registered MS. So I created a Sims account using my husband's existing Origin account info. I used the MS registration to get the Sims account but his My Page says he doesn't have any games registered but under activity it says he has registered Master Suite. Will it still work?
    simgeek79 wrote:
    P.S. To Wannie, you don't have to buy the base game to be able to set up a new account. A stuff pack works too. I bought MasterSuite and registered it under a different account. Unfortunately I can't SimPort to myself because our other computer isn't as good and I had trouble patching that game so gave up and uninstalled it. :(
    edited March 2012
    I guess you can do it with a Stuff Pack too! :) My understanding is you just have to have two different Sims accounts to be able to Simport to each other. But you will have to either use the existing computer that has Showtime installed or install it on another computer but use the disc to launch the game with the other one. I haven't tried it yet so I'm going to try it tonight since I was able to create my second account using my Master Suite pack.
    wannie00 wrote:

So you only need to register with a base game to set up a second account? Hmmm...I've got an extra copy that I bought when I had to reinstall and couldn't find my base game (ended up finding my original pack later). I'm seriously considering doing the same thing at least for some of the stamps.
    edited March 2012
    Thanks for the friend request! :) I really like hosting too but can't get anyone to accept those requests either! Makes me wonder if all my friends have all their stamps.
    enkeli63 wrote:
    I'm really enjoying simport--especially hosting. I accept hosting requests even if I have the stamp for it already, but I can only host one at a time :wink:
  • Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited March 2012
    I am thoroughly enjoying SimPort. Particularly when I host another Simmer's performer in one of my venues. It's so cool to see what other people do with their Sims! And it really is like going to a concert or show. :P
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited March 2012
    I do not mind the Simport feature but like the memories, I get interuppted because someone wants to perform in my game and it is like annoying until I had to log out and play.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • PARKDRIVE35PARKDRIVE35 Posts: 45 New Member
    edited March 2012
    wannie00 wrote:

Hi I am having the same problem as you no one accepts my requests for hosting i have only had one person accept gets very frustrating i am looking for a friend to work with at the moment i have only a singer level 8 . not anybody on my list will accept to come to mine i really injoy sim port and im a mature player 2 38 years old love the sims always have i understand the time difference as im perth but i always check my page to see whos there so feel free to add me maybe we can work together at geting what we want :)
  • whoppi40whoppi40 Posts: 109 Member
    edited March 2012
    Hi, me too Enjoying the SimPort and am as much as a can accept friend´s to preform in my simtown.. I don´t have all the stamp´s! And even if a had a would accept friend´s to preform..
    And am on line most of the time in the afternoon. A live in sweden in europe.
    So if you like to be my sim friend send a request! :-)
  • enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited March 2012
    wannie00 wrote:
    Thanks for the friend request! :) I really like hosting too but can't get anyone to accept those requests either! Makes me wonder if all my friends have all their stamps.
    enkeli63 wrote:

When I first sign in, I check for requests that I can fill for my friends. Then if there's nothing, I put out a hosting request. If no one answers it, I leave it out there and take other hosting requests in the meanwhile (even if I have the stamp) because I was intending to host someone 8)

You're welcome for the friend request. I'm happy to host and send sims anytime I'm playing.
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • PhotogSimPhotogSim Posts: 1,729 Member
    edited March 2012
    I am loving simport. I have all the stamps but will still host and send out sims to tour to help people get their stamps.

Even if you already have the stamp you still get money, lifetime happiness points, career and peformance increases.

• piddlesimpiddlesim Posts: 3,251 Member
    edited March 2012
    I love simport. Sadly it doesn't work half of the time. But once EA fixes some of the issues, I can see it being great fun. I definitely plan to keep using it even after my stamps are all obtained. I love watching my friend's sims perform. I love sending my sim out too.

• maria_loves_alexmaria_loves_alex Posts: 9,054 Member
    edited March 2012
    I loved this expansion pack from the start, and am thoroughly enjoying playing it - simport is a lot of fun and thats pretty much all I've been doing. o far I have only 20/90 stamps and am looking forward to next time I play to collect some more :)
    My Page: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/maria_loves_alex

Follow me on the Sims 4 Gallery - ID 'MariannaSims'
  • Tommy92Tommy92 Posts: 230 New Member
    edited March 2012
    I have all 90 stamps (it was much easier when the game had just been released) and all I can say is, get a lot of friends. It worked well for me with 100, now you probably need more since many of them got over the feature quickly. Still, if you go to the thread, there are a million people requesting to be added, just go ahead and add them.

Also, hosting is more difficult than sending. Somehow there was always a person who hosted my sims when they went on tour, but getting the right sims into my town, that was harder. :?
    edited March 2012
    Hi I added you! Hopefully we can help each other out! I don't play everyday but try to play mostly on weekends. I accept all hosting requests whether or not I need the stamp. I have an acrobat and singer but don't have a magician yet.

wannie00 wrote:

Hi I am having the same problem as you no one accepts my requests for hosting i have only had one person accept gets very frustrating i am looking for a friend to work with at the moment i have only a singer level 8 . not anybody on my list will accept to come to mine i really injoy sim port and im a mature player 2 38 years old love the sims always have i understand the time difference as im perth but i always check my page to see whos there so feel free to add me maybe we can work together at geting what we want :)