Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Freezing Since Showtime!

I have my game up to date with latest patch, no exchange content, no mods, no CC, I have all the expansions except for Late Night, and I have no stuff packs. The first bug is that my game freezes frequently and the clock and the sims don't move. But plumbobs, water, fish, ect will move. It seems to be happening since I got Showtime.

Comments

• Options
    purstelldfpurstelldf Posts: 9 New Member
    edited March 2012
    So sorry to hear you are having the same problem I am having..I have the same situation you have but I do have store content. I also have some stuff packs and other expansion packs...hope they fix this bug soon good luck with your game :roll:
  • Options
    MouetteSheridanMouetteSheridan Posts: 441 Member
    edited March 2012
    I have noticed a *huge* increase in freezing since Showtime/patch.

Now, granted, I am playing the 10th generation of a legacy, with updated cc and mods. But my computer is more than adequate to handle TS3, and I have mostly the same mods and content as I did before Showtime/patch. So there shouldn't be such a huge difference in lagging, but there definitely is - the game freezes several times a day, for probably about 30 seconds or more real time. Mostly it keeps going fine, but the freeze is annoying.
  • Options
    thirstytravellerthirstytraveller Posts: 6
    edited March 2012
    I'm also having the same problem, after I upload the patch my game was very sluggish and the sim clock didn't move either. I gave up, but when I tried again, the game got worse. My screen now goes blank and my computer freezes up. I tried going through Origin's technical support, but they were no help. I hope EA fixes the problem soon. It's extremely frustrating.
  • Options
    Barney1Barney1 Posts: 19 New Member
    edited March 2012
    yes having the same problem since i installled show time. sent email to ea two days ago they acknowleged receipt of it but they havent replied to it yet
  • Options
    perfectvelvetperfectvelvet Posts: 739 Member
    edited March 2012
    That happened to me with Pets - my game was fine before then, and my computer is able to handle it all.

I doubt we'll see a fix though, since this is an ongoing issue with Sims 3 games, and it's probably too hard to pinpoint what's going wrong.
  • Options
    AnnieBonnie007AnnieBonnie007 Posts: 245 Member
    edited March 2012
    Same here. I can play, but I have to save more often or...goodbye!