Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Chimney Smoke - Weather Potential

I was just playing my sims and suddenly noticed what looked like fog. I zoomed out and realised it was my chimney since the fireplace was lit! It looks so realistic and it got me thinking, how awesome would it be for our games to have things like fog and rain? I think that if seasons is ever to be released, it's going to be pure awesome. :D

Comments

• Options
    8Faith88Faith8 Posts: 3,546 Member
    edited March 2012
    I never had Seasons for TS2. I agree that it will be great in the sims 3, with the new graphics.
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    edited March 2012
    Yes, weather/seasons has the opportunity to be so much more detailed in The Sims 3. The Sims 2 never really had atmospheric conditions or fog. The 'clouds' in the sky could barely be considered clouds, but in The Sims 3 they've given so much more detail.

Now if only they could get Seasons out already. :(
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    noddynoddy Posts: 849 Member
    edited March 2012
    Hi the weather is great ,I remember building a house in sims2 ,forgetting the part off the roof (which was over the bedroom ) and they got snow on LOL
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited March 2012
    I agree Seasons would be great to have. It has much potential in TS3 and I don't understand why anyone wouldn't want it. It added MANY features in TS2 and I'm expecting ALL of those features to be in TS3's seasons EP as well as many new interactions and items. After what we've been through with the past EPs, I think we deserve it. :roll:
  • Options
    clubersclubers Posts: 7,958 Member
    edited March 2012
    We already have fog in the game (although it is more rare if you are not in Twinbrook or Bridgeport), it came with Ambitions along with other natural events such as rainbows (which come in the most foggy days), meteor showers, and earthquakes.
  • Options
    betty_me13betty_me13 Posts: 3,285 New Member
    edited March 2012
    This /\

You can get the fog in your game in the buydebug menu :D
  • Options
    betty_me13betty_me13 Posts: 3,285 New Member
    edited March 2012
    There's also a storm cloud with lightening. I think it came when my sim was a firefighter,..
  • Options
    simgreensimgreen Posts: 1,630 New Member
    edited March 2012
    Thanks to the fog that came with Ambitions (among other things) we kinda have weather already. Okay, not weather. Just climate.
    And yeah, I do agree that it would be TOTALLY AWESOME with seasons. Like, uber cool. Like, I'd be staring at the snowflakes for hours. Did you see the fake snow that came with ambitions? THE SNOWFLAKES ARE DETAILED. Not just balls.
    /rant. Srsly, weather is coming. It better be. But let's appreciate SHT for now and demand EP7 (magic) in the meantime...
  • Options
    StellaTorontoStellaToronto Posts: 2,123 Member
    edited March 2012
    The AMB fog emitters have thousands of code options.
    There are quite a few that can be used to simulate weather, kinda. :roll:
    The sims3 developers are probably still trying to figure out how to make weather without crashing most peoples computers. :wink:

Edit: spelling
    stellatorontosims.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Alex2315Alex2315 Posts: 639 Member
    edited March 2012
    The AMB fog emitters have thousands of code options.
    There are quite a few that can be used to simulate weather, kinda. :roll:
    The sims3 developers are probably still trying to figure out how to make weather without crashing most peoples computers. :wink:

Edit: spelling

Nah that isnt how EA operates,
    they would release all the seasons/addons at once and fix bugs after TS4 came out;and the checks were cashed.
  • Options
    StellaTorontoStellaToronto Posts: 2,123 Member
    edited March 2012
    Alex 2315 :lol:
    What was I thinking? :wink:
    stellatorontosims.tumblr.com