Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question: best way to return kindness?

Since I started coming to this part of the forums, a few days ago, I have been gifted around 5 times and I would love to be able to return the kindness I have recieved (and seen) as soon as I'm able to afford sim points. But it got me wondering, just how is the best way to do such a thing? Is it best to hold contests? lotteries? or just randomly gift people? I would like to hear your opinions.

Thanks for reading/looking at this thread! :)
My Sim, living her best life...
pxs8nzx2nk1b.png
#RagsToRiches

Comments

• HylianJovi92HylianJovi92 Posts: 16,760 New Member
    edited March 2012
    Just be a wonderful friend :thumbup: that's what I've been told. Friendship is much more valuable than any gift could be.
  • Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited March 2012
    To be honest, I think friendship is a much more valuable gift than anything from the Store, so if you can't afford to send a return gift (or even if you can), you should send the gifter a friend request. And make sure you thank them with words, as well.
  • arainza24arainza24 Posts: 1,825 Member
    edited March 2012
    Just being a good friend to your other friends :D And just randomly gifting people :D But mostly being a true friend to your friend :-)
  • RawrGoesTheCatRawrGoesTheCat Posts: 1,947 Member
    edited March 2012
    Gifting is always a nice present to someone, but also making a gift is even nicer! :mrgreen: Whatever your best at creating, do so, and I'm sure the person who has gifted you will love it! :) Also, friendship is a highly appreciated. The best gift to receiver is the gift of friendship.
  • blacksheba1973blacksheba1973 Posts: 20,326 Member
    edited March 2012
    Just be a wonderful friend :thumbup: that's what I've been told. Friendship is much more valuable than any gift could be.
    This. :thumbup: Afterall, friendship is priceless.
    YShQCz1.png
  • Trufan1Trufan1 Posts: 4,425 Member
    edited March 2012
    I agree with everything that has already been said.

Another thing you can do, that's free, is create something and upload it for someone. Even if that person doesn't use the exchange or download things, just knowing someone took the time to make them something can make them feel good.
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited March 2012
    Friendship is the best gift...

but don't blindly send a friend request read their about me first, some don't take friendrequests (like me) not becouse they don't want, but do to the new my-page set up.

Creating stuf is a great gift.

Many gifters dosn't want big threads in their honor, becouse they gifted, some times that results in people begging them for gifts, and that not fun.

Maybe make 1 thread where you thank all your gifters, and use it in the future.

this link might allso help you...
    Simpointfree gifting directionary http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/502257.page
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • SimsManiac2k9SimsManiac2k9 Posts: 11,322 Member
    edited March 2012
    As said before, Friendship is possibly the best gift you can send.

How about making them something?
    A new sim, new house you know things like that.
    Perhaps enter their name in lotteries.

A store gift is not the only type of gift you can give. :)

Make a thank you thread. That's always a start, & Write nice messages and Just be helpful. ^__^
  • JoolsterJoolster Posts: 6,417 Member
    edited March 2012
    Why don't you make them a thank you card using their favourite sim or your favourite sim? Or build them a house that fits their avatar. :D
  • Supersoph13Supersoph13 Posts: 647 Member
    edited March 2012
    Thank you everyone for replying! I have already thanked them on their my page's and sent them friend requests (though, thank you anettesb, for the tip about reading their about me's first, I don't always do that!) :?

I did think about creating something (though I'm not very good) but, well I didn't want to come across silly because I'm not very well known here :oops:

I love the idea of creating a house to suit people's avatars though...mmm... :D

...Thank you (again :roll: )I'm glad I started this thread now, I've learnt more than I thought I would :)

My Sim, living her best life...
    pxs8nzx2nk1b.png
    #RagsToRiches
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited March 2012
    Your welcome... we like to help... play with us....
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • TnT_TerryTnT_Terry Posts: 6,629 Member
    edited March 2012
    8) Yes indeed, the friendships I make here mean more to me than any store gift I recieve and I wouldn't trade that for the world. So yes friendship is the greatest gift in the world :wink: Just do whatever you can to help out now and then, spread some kind words around just because you can, make something special for someone, dedicate creations, maybe make cards or post poems that may apply to the situation, pictures sometimes speak volumes. There are so many ways to thank someone hon, but a simply heartfelt thank you and your friendship means the world to these gifting angels ;)

huggies :wink:
    I own every basegame, EP, GP, SP and kits for all sims, ie.., sims 1, 2, 3 and 4
    I am a sims 3 Store Owner Thanks to all my Amazing friends here, and I do own all store stuff from sims 2 as well!

gjmdPt7.png
  • blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited March 2012
    *HUGS* Terry, and squeezes so tight!

Hey Blacksheba! Yep, friendship is priceless!

Anettesb, you have hit it on the head. The new My Pages set up has ruined my wanting to accept new friends request. I need to trim the ones I have, accepting more will make being able to find important messages impossible.

Now I have said this before, returning kindness can be lots of things, for example: sharing a creation in the game with the community, being sweet and helpful in the forums, have fun while in the forums and if you are able to afford simpoints, pass the unselfish nature forward.

I have no real system on how I gift. Some days it can be a DD sale and finding out who want it, I will hit as many as I can afford. Or while being all over The Sims 3 site I might some witty, unique, helpful, entertaining posts that will make me want to send a private message in the form of a gift, telling them I appreciate them. Hanging out in the gifting forums give me opportunity to hit some of my dearest friends with something from the store, and they hit me back. It's a gifting game of sorts. :)

Sometimes while I feel sad, I gift to others and get lots of joy from it. I know that some simmer out there is getting a big smile on their face when they see there is a gift waiting for them. It does me a world of good, and I feel better. The greatest gift to myself I guess.

Just enjoy the toys and when you have time or think of the community while playing and want to share your creations, funny sim stories, or just love how your game is going is the greatest gift for me. :D
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited March 2012
    I try to compensate with my lots. People seem to enjoy them and I'm glad. Of course, if I could afford it, I would gift them back, but that's not an option for me, so I try to be a good friend and I thank people to death. Of course, that's what I do, doesn't mean it's right. :lol:
  • TnT_TerryTnT_Terry Posts: 6,629 Member
    edited March 2012
    8) :D *Squeezes Blew a big squishy hug* love ya girl :wink: And yes I hate the new simpages, EA has sadly stripped me of my weekend rounds of cheer :(:cry::cry:
    I own every basegame, EP, GP, SP and kits for all sims, ie.., sims 1, 2, 3 and 4
    I am a sims 3 Store Owner Thanks to all my Amazing friends here, and I do own all store stuff from sims 2 as well!

gjmdPt7.png
  • niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited March 2012
    TnT_Terry wrote:
    8) :D *Squeezes Blew a big squishy hug* love ya girl :wink: And yes I hate the new simpages, EA has sadly stripped me of my weekend rounds of cheer :(:cry::cry:

Yeah! I really miss your kind messages! :cry:
  • blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited March 2012
    TnT_Terry wrote:

:cry: *sniff* I miss them too. You and several others that would post something cheerful! WAHHH! :cry:
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.