Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dear Friends - New, Old, Removed, Declined - The Zero Friend Fix!

:!: 3/13 UPDATE: I still have errors on my page and a slow load time but having zero friends has brought the Wall back to my page, even though the View Older Posts link rarely works.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My My Page is broken and the page doesn't load with the Wall 95% of the time. As I have already tried everything that can be tried to remedy this situation, on the advice of a guru here, tomorrow I will start deleting ALL of my friends in the hopes the corruption is discovered so please don't take it personally. And of course, I can't accept any friend requests right now. It's all broken for me.

This has nothing to do with SimPorting or anything else. The page has given me problems since day one, February 27th, before anyone was SimPorting. On that day it took 15-20 seconds for my page to load and now it's closer to two minutes but the Wall has gone missing, almost all the time.

So, I am removing 50 friends and then testing. If it's still broken, I will remove another 50 friends and test again. I will continue until I have five friends if I have to, but I sure hope I don't have to go that far. I will add people back in later but it will take some time to do that.

My page is open to posting for everyone if you can access it and I sometimes am able to catch a rare posting to my page but I will most likely miss most posts. Do not feel bad if you see you have "lost" me as a friend. I have been struggling to correct this for two weeks and some deleting of friends has been an attempt to correct this.

Yesterday it took 37 attempts and over four hours for my page to load with the Wall. :shock: On top of that, I need to mention that my View Older Posts link does not work at all so the rare times I am able to access the page with the Wall, all I can ever see is ten posts. :roll:

If you will post here, I will know you got this message and won't worry about you being offended. :D

Comments

• Options
    AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited March 2012
    Hope your page gets fixed hun *hugs*

It is difficult for me to even access your page >.<
  • Options
    AunzaAunza Posts: 1,297 Member
    edited March 2012
    Ahhhh... I am not an eloquent writer, but...

I do wish you all the best with cleaning your page. Please dust my icon right on offa your page... I would much rather you got full use of the site and your page than to sit and fret over "why?" i might have been unfriended.
    Do not fret my friend... Think of it as spring cleaning, and how happy you will be once you are up and running properly.
    Sending best wishes, sunny skies, and smooth sailing thoughts your way. ~warm smile~ A.
  • Options
    roundheadedroundheaded Posts: 873 New Member
    edited March 2012
    Aww sorry to hear about your page :( Try deleting me first... I could be the culprit :oops: :cry:

Hope everything goes back normal soon and I'm back on your friend list. Have a great week, Reach! :D
  • Options
    goddess0676smgoddess0676sm Posts: 3,330 Member
    edited March 2012
    I am so sorry you are struggling with this Reach. I tried accessing your page this morning and couldn't. I had heard that some people were having problems and assumed it was related to that. It's dissapointing that you have to take such drastic measures to fix the problem. I hope it works for you.

Hugs.
  • Options
    Mychro5Mychro5 Posts: 3,243 Member
    edited March 2012
    Aww well if you delete me i'll be sad but i wont be offended i know its for the best ;) Hope you get your page fixed soon. I tried to enter today and it was all empty so i figured you were having problems.
    hs3c.png
  • Options
    EnviedImperfectionEnviedImperfection Posts: 264 Member
    edited March 2012
    Eww that sounds like a terrible pain in the butt! Do what ya need to do to get it working. <3 You will always be a friend, wall or no wall.
  • Options
    BoltzY2kBoltzY2k Posts: 11,123 New Member
    edited March 2012
    Scrub away friend. I hold no grudge! :)
  • Options
    ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    edited March 2012
    Thanks, guys. I edited my post above and added something I forgot include earlier... On top of the missing Wall, my View Older Posts link does not work at all so the rare times I am able to access the page with the Wall, all I can ever see is ten posts. :cry:
  • Options
    roundheadedroundheaded Posts: 873 New Member
    edited March 2012
    Reachsims wrote:
    Thanks, guys. I edited my post above and added something I forgot include earlier... On top of the missing Wall, my View Older Posts link does not work at all so the rare times I am able to access the page with the Wall, all I can ever see is ten posts. :cry:

Hope GuruRusskii will be able to help once she's back. Could use this as a temp chat thread :wink:
    Have a good rest and don't worry too much *hugs* :)
  • Options
    WinterCloudsWinterClouds Posts: 1,966 Member
    edited March 2012
    Hope it works!!! :D
  • Options
    BujoGamer1971BujoGamer1971 Posts: 1,335 Member
    edited March 2012
    Aww I am so sorry you are having such a hard time!! *hugs*
  • Options
    friendsfan36friendsfan36 Posts: 6,715 New Member
    edited March 2012
    good luck reach. i haven't had my page problems . my problem is my computer added something without my knowledge that puts red lines under everything. it's really hard to see the mistakes if i don't use all lower case letters. i thought this was a good time to explain my situation to the editor in you.
  • Options
    JediArielJediAriel Posts: 4,870 Member
    edited March 2012
    I am so sorry that you have to go through this!!! And believe me I completely understand. I haven't been able to access your page in a while. The only time I can post on your page is if you post and I just happen to see it on my own page!!! I hope you can get it straightened out with the least amount of trouble!!! Good luck and *Big Squishy Hugs*
  • Options
    DocusatDocusat Posts: 2,305 Member
    edited March 2012
    Good luck Reach. That has got to be so frustrating for you. Hope you get it working
  • Options
    TEXASKITTYKATTEXASKITTYKAT Posts: 5,909 Member
    edited March 2012
    Hey Reach! Sorry to hear about your wall problems. I don't have Showtime so I'm really in the dark about simporting but I can certainly understand where you're coming from. Good luck. Hope I'm still included as one of your friends when all is said & done but, at least, I know you have my e-mail address. Wishing you a wonderful week. {hugs} Kitty
    P.S. Hope you don't forget me.thumbnail.aspx?q=5034535377176352&id=3dd8145187b916a539bf5d6073f55f9f&index=newexp&url=http%3a%2f%2f4.bp.blogspot.com%2f-APIMUbA48sI%2fTec6NYN_IFI%2fAAAAAAAAAmw%2feTpNt9wOBkM%2fs1600%2fPlease%2bBe%2bwith%2bme%2b%25252813%252529.jpg53923.jpg
  • Options
    Candygurl84Candygurl84 Posts: 5,056 Member
    edited March 2012
    Sorry you are having problems with your page. I hope that you find a solution soon! *hugs*
  • Options
    imogerimoger Posts: 5,790 Member
    edited March 2012
    I'm so sorry that you have troubles with your page!
    There were something in the last 2 days for me too - the 'Recent activities'-list didn't updated at all (but all the things under that seemed to work fine, because I've usually seen new messages/badges/memories/simporting there). It seems that it works fine already.

I hope you can fix your page with something - although it wouldn't have to be YOUR work, but we all know that they rarely take care with people's broken pages.

Don't hesitate to remove me if it's neccessary! You can send me an email anytime, dear Friend! :)
    *hugs*
  • Options
    thesimlingthesimling Posts: 4,486 New Member
    edited March 2012
    Wish you luck :shock: :-o :cry:
  • Options
    Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    edited March 2012
    I am sorry to read that you are having major difficulties with your "My Page". I hope it will get fixed soon.
    Send my a new FR whenever you can add friends again.

Hugs,
    Erja888
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Options
    illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    edited March 2012
    How annoying your page is not working. I hope you can fix it. Good luck!!
  • Options
    HappyHaunt1000HappyHaunt1000 Posts: 1,088 Member
    edited March 2012
    I hope you get it working sooner rather than later.... :mrgreen:
    My origin name is AStrangePuppy
  • Options
    Nh6650Nh6650 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited March 2012
    Hope you get this sorted out as soon as possible!.
  • Options
    Bel008Bel008 Posts: 2,370 Member
    edited March 2012
    I noticed the other day that your page wasn't loading when I tried to leave a message. I hope it will be fixed soon. Have a safe and lovely week. *Hugs*
  • Options
    walkingstickwalkingstick Posts: 4,637 Member
    edited March 2012
    I left a comment on the thread on My Page, but you might not see that :?

Good luck with getting it sorted. That aside, hope you have a great week.
  • Options
    joeythesimsfanjoeythesimsfan Posts: 849 New Member
    edited March 2012
    Goodluck. I hope it works for you. :D