Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hospital Upgrade?

SalantiSalanti Posts: 327 New Member
To be blunt, I tend to like my game a little realistic. If anything this should slightly amuse people.

Back in Sims 2, it showed that some sims caught the flu, "Bed rest is needed" However with some serious cases of the flu, people need to go to hospitals. They sometimes have to call off from work, and rest, or go to the hospital to get checked. Also, sims 2, also had a Career Award which was a Hospital bed with a dummy on it while your Sim performed surgery on it. However with Sims 3 I haven't seen any of that yet. And Quite frankly, I would love to see the Hospital rabbit hole filled with hospital beds, sick people now and then, although not so sure about Sims giving birth, not unless the birthing scenes were like sims 2, and the babies came out of the Plumbob.

Also, sims getting into fights and losing, may have to go to the hospital to nurse their injuries.

Unless they plan to implement illness with the Seasons expansion. Which would make sense in my opinion, and would definitely get me to buy it.

*Edit* I took out the Cars going through sims and landing them in hospitals, as a couple of simmers have convinced me it is a tad gruesome. However I am still all for common illnesses.

Comments

• Options
    georgie31999georgie31999 Posts: 193 New Member
    edited March 2012
    I agree about going through stuff and nothing happening is a bit weird, and that maybe they should go to the hospital. I think you should be able to visit sims in the hospital if the gurus make it.
  • Options
    PepperbuttPepperbutt Posts: 3,201 New Member
    edited March 2012
    Say cancer and I'm going to throw a fit at you.

I wouldn't say I'd want to see car crashes with people on bikes.. That's too gruesome.

I would, however, prefer the hospital be used for more than 🐸🐸🐸🐸 jobs, lipo, and birthing.
  • Options
    wizplacewizplace Posts: 1,820 Member
    edited March 2012
    Pepperbutt wrote:

I wouldn't say I'd want to see car crashes with people on bikes.. That's too gruesome.

I would, however, prefer the hospital be used for more than 🐸🐸🐸🐸 jobs, lipo, and birthing.
    :thumbup: Actually agree with u on this. Why would u want car crashes? Isn't it bad enough that it happens in every day life as it is?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I didn't say "Cancer" just regular illnesses like the cold or the flu. And if car crashes are too gruesome, then they should be out of the the picture, I just dislike the fact that the sims go through the cars when on the road :/
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Salanti wrote:
    I didn't say "Cancer" just regular illnesses like the cold or the flu. And if car crashes are too gruesome, then they should be out of the the picture, I just dislike the fact that the sims go through the cars when on the road :/

You clearly don't know how many threads are made for cancer. A lot of people start out by saying illness, but then turn it into cancer. I didn't say you did. Which is why I haven't begun to chew you a new one.

I dislike it, too. But at the same time, it's just a glitch. I've seen cars go through cars as well. But at the same time, it's not like they're being run over. The traffic system in Sims just sucks. Period. I'd be all for an overhaul, but I doubt it'll happen. (I mean, you NEVER hit greens for your whole life.) It'd also make the cop career a little more interesting if you could speed.. The cops were SUCH ball busters where I used to live. But the rest of the county didn't care.. But yeah.

I'm all for the cold, btw- who the hell hasn't gotten it? As long as the flu isn't too violent, I'm fine with that, too.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Pepperbutt wrote:
    Salanti wrote:

You clearly don't know how many threads are made for cancer. A lot of people start out by saying illness, but then turn it into cancer. I didn't say you did. Which is why I haven't begun to chew you a new one.

I dislike it, too. But at the same time, it's just a glitch. I've seen cars go through cars as well. But at the same time, it's not like they're being run over. The traffic system in Sims just sucks. Period. I'd be all for an overhaul, but I doubt it'll happen. (I mean, you NEVER hit greens for your whole life.) It'd also make the cop career a little more interesting if you could speed.. The cops were SUCH ball busters where I used to live. But the rest of the county didn't care.. But yeah.

I'm all for the cold, btw- who the hell hasn't gotten it? As long as the flu isn't too violent, I'm fine with that, too.

I agree with the cops situation. And I haven't posted much in the Ideas and feedback to know about the Cancer threads. That would be too cruel to ask it to be implemented in in case some players are, or know people that are Cancer patients.

I'll just edit my first post to being Illness related.
  • Options
    twooldtoplaythistwooldtoplaythis Posts: 1,061 New Member
    edited March 2012
    Well, it could be great if there were wheel chairs and crutches for those clumsy Sims who trip over on everything and break or sprain their leg! also there should be an ambulance that takes the expecting mother Sims to the nearby Hospital when its time instead of relying on their lazy, no-good husbands or partners who sometimes can't be bothered to take them to the Hospital on command! :hunf:
  • Options
    SIMplifiedSIMplified Posts: 4,536 Member
    edited March 2012
    A need for speed sim would be fun o: I honestly don't even know why they didn't take the time to fix the people walking/ride/driving into/through other cars. Maybe they couldn't who knows o.o
  • Options
    wizplacewizplace Posts: 1,820 Member
    edited March 2012
    Salanti wrote:
    What's wrong that they go through each other?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    wizplace wrote:
    Salanti wrote:
    To be honest, it's just one of my personal annoyances with the game. When ever I see my sims child on the road and the child ends up going through the car, I still wince regardless. To me the sim could get off the bike if the car is coming and go on the sidewalk till the car passes. Then again, could be too much realism.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Salanti wrote:
    wizplace wrote:
    Salanti wrote:
    To be honest, it's just one of my personal annoyances with the game. When ever I see my sims child on the road and the child ends up going through the car, I still wince regardless. To me the sim could get off the bike if the car is coming and go on the sidewalk till the car passes. Then again, could be too much realism.

Do you have kids? Just because you just reminded me of my mom. (Dear lord she was protective. Yet I still managed to hurt myself..)

NEED FOR SPEED. YES. Dear lord. I was driving on the highway once, and I was doing 80 or something. In Miami? The speed limit is 70. I got passed by a cop. And it wasn't an emergency.

Best. Day. Ever. And people do 100+ on motorcycles. And I've hit 100, and STILL gotten passed. Oh lord. I miss Miami..
  • Options
    KirbyAndKatKirbyAndKat Posts: 778 New Member
    edited March 2012
    Pepperbutt wrote:

I agree with you but I'd like T-Rated car crashes.
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited March 2012
    Salanti wrote:
    wizplace wrote:
    Salanti wrote:

It bugs me too. I wince when cars go through each other and when cars go through bicycle riders. I grumble about the game not having a proper traffic system whilst berating myself for wincing over virtual vehicles on a game then move on until the next time.
  • Options
    constanceconstance Posts: 1,379 Member
    edited March 2012
    I like the idea of visiting Sims in the hospital. Safe to say that no one is a fan of cancer or anything like that, but as I've said before, minor injuries like spraining an ankle while jogging or some variation there of, I don't have a problem with.

Maybe there could be different levels of food poisoning as well? Some where you might have to stay at the hospital or some where you might not? Maybe they could so something like that, but still manage to keep it light and cartoony.
  • Options
    twooldtoplaythistwooldtoplaythis Posts: 1,061 New Member
    edited March 2012
    You know what would be a great idea? if EA could create a red and pink hospital expansion pack as a charity promotion to raise money for some cancer and Hospital emergency foundations! :-) And on that note 2 EA should also make the expansion pack affordable and accessible 2 all users who play The Sims 3! :D The pack could come with bonus stickers,a head scarf and a big, red Elastoplast!