Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please give us carriages

Comments

• MajesticGMajesticG Posts: 285 New Member
    edited October 2012
    Valandis wrote:
    I can see horse drawn carriages in the Time Travel EP! I think the horses might enjoy drawing carriages like those dogs that draw sleds, they enjoy it very much. I don't think it's cruel until they are treated unfairly; riding in terrible conditions, bad treatment, etc.

Correct and Time Travel EP is going to also feature horse carriages. As part of the Cowboy western time and Victorian Time that I read in the Time Travel EP survey.

I hope they could provide more horse breeds in this EP.

They could also put in patient transporters for the future part of Time Travel and possibly escalators.
  • GAMESweetGGAMESweetG Posts: 1,214 Member
    edited October 2012
    MajesticG wrote:
    Valandis wrote:
    I can see horse drawn carriages in the Time Travel EP! I think the horses might enjoy drawing carriages like those dogs that draw sleds, they enjoy it very much. I don't think it's cruel until they are treated unfairly; riding in terrible conditions, bad treatment, etc.

Correct and Time Travel EP is going to also feature horse carriages. As part of the Cowboy western time and Victorian Time that I read in the Time Travel EP survey.

I hope they could provide more horse breeds in this EP.

They could also put in patient transporters for the future part of Time Travel and possibly escalators.

:idea: Now why didn't I think of that :roll:
    sims_forum_sig01OxVtU_display.jpg
    YouTube: Good Sweet Games | SoundCloud: GAMESuite Tunes | Pinterest: GAMESuite Pins | Twitter: GAMESweetG
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited October 2012
    Good idea, MajesticG! I'd like a glass walled elevator too, that could be placed on the outside of a building.
  • AussieAdoresSimsAussieAdoresSims Posts: 554 Member
    edited November 2012
    Why magic when there is magic in supernatural...dont waste your time ea
    edited November 2012
    Magic?

Are all carriages magic? :shock:

Well, you learn something new every day! :lol:

I'd like for horses to have a couple of options when it comes to this:

*A cart (that you can fill with produce for market. Or even junk from the junk yard, for a rag and bone style)

*An ornate Georgian style carriage(for the princesses out there)

*A dark Victorian cab (for the vamps!)

:D
    edited November 2012
    I hope that if we do get horse drawn carriages, that we could have some way of going through water with them. I just thought it would be fun to gallop through a river (now that sims can swim) if the water isn't too deep. Also, at the seaside in the 18th century (I think) they used to take people into the sea for health reasons.

It's not a must-have, but it would help with story-telling and characterising a world.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited November 2012
    Yes please.^^

And we should also have a horse trailer to transport our horses from place to place instead of making them gallop across town.
  • sugichacosugichaco Posts: 2
    edited December 2012
    I also crave a carriage.
    I love the fantasy world.
    So I make medieval sims.
    When they go to the community lot, they use the taxi.
    Children cannot ride horses.

I want a carriage!
  • good11011103good11011103 Posts: 1
    edited December 2012
    Carriage is not disproportionate to the modern cityscape.

Of course, the fantasy world I would like the world,

carriage is a great means of transportation in the modern era.
  • murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited December 2012
    I'd love to see carriages. And Vardos. Real ones, not rabbitholes.
    edited December 2012
    murfeel, do you work for Google? Do you get paid everytime someone does a search? If you do, I've made you a fortune because I'm always googling your ideas. :lol:

Vardos? *Quick gooogle search* Yes! I'd like that too. :D I also want a romani 🐸🐸🐸🐸 music band! Check out this music by ummm.... Vardos! :lol: (I wonder how I found them?):

http://www.bellemusique.com.au/player.php?artist=Vardos&title=Vardos sampler&song=http://www.bellemusique.com.au/sites/default/files/vardos_sampler.mp3&picture=http://www.bellemusique.com.au/sites/default/files/imagecache/band_teaser_photo/sites/default/files/imagecache/band_teaser_photo/vardos3.jpg
  • murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited December 2012
    murfeel, do you work for Google? Do you get paid everytime someone does a search? If you do, I've made you a fortune because I'm always googling your ideas. :lol:

Vardos? *Quick gooogle search* Yes! I'd like that too. :D I also want a romani 🐸🐸🐸🐸 music band! Check out this music by ummm.... Vardos! :lol: (I wonder how I found them?):

http://www.bellemusique.com.au/player.php?artist=Vardos&title=Vardos sampler&song=http://www.bellemusique.com.au/sites/default/files/vardos_sampler.mp3&picture=http://www.bellemusique.com.au/sites/default/files/imagecache/band_teaser_photo/sites/default/files/imagecache/band_teaser_photo/vardos3.jpg

Omg stoooop iiiiit~!!!! :lol::lol: I'm still at the library, darnit! :lol::lol:
  • taytay1014taytay1014 Posts: 2
    edited July 2013
    I think carriages would be really cool. In real life yes it can sometimes be considered cruel but this is a virtual game, and I highly doubt that it will hurt the horse.

I love horses and whenever I go to NY and see these skinny horses pulling carriages on cobblestone streets WITH no shoes on their feet and their hooves cracking that's really cruel. But some people who have their horses draw carriages are mindful of how they treat the horse(s) and make sure they are comfortable and well cared for hooked to the cart and are very mindful of the weight they are pulling.

I think carriages should be put in the game and those people who want to use it can use it and those who don't don't.
  • WOLFzoom123WOLFzoom123 Posts: 5
    edited December 2013
    in the Sims 4 next year, i hope they put and expansion called *farm life* and if people don't want to use horse cart..and so on. the creators of the Sims should make you buy the cart first then u can use them i hope so please ea please...
  • KarilynMonroe2KarilynMonroe2 Posts: 1,463 Member
    edited March 2014
    Most people who raise and show horses have them do work on a farm are horsey nuts! They LOVE horses. They live for horses and pamper their horses silly. They probably treat them better than their own children. They get up when it is still dark in all kinds of weather to feed their horses, groom them, clean their stalls. They pay tons of money for vet house-calls and having their hoofs shod. I really don't think that hitching a horse to a wagon is cruel any more than riding them is cruel. This is what they have been bred for for centuries and the horse most likely enjoys their work just the same as dogs enjoy very much doing the things they have been bred for. If you have ever spent any time with a horse person and their horses you know what I mean. It is a very close and loving relationship between a horse and their person. Of course there are cruel people who over work their animals, beat them, starve them etc but let's remember that these horses are not real. They are made of pixels and cannot feel. These days owning a horse is so expensive that it is a luxury to have them as pets so if you don't really love horses you probably wouldn't own any.
    Meanwhile so many simmers torture their sims, lock them in rooms and watch them starve or build a fence around a pool and watch them drown. Who's protesting that?
    I would really love horse drawn carriages in my game because it is so annoying to try to play out something historical with taxi's rushing through town. I think the horse drawn carriage or wagon could be a pc item like the fixer upper car. It would not have a pet's ep horse. It would have a horse that is pc, like the cow. It just looks like a horse pulling a cart and if they want to add an interaction like "feed a treat" or "groom" that would be a bonus but the idea is it gets your sim from point A to Point B.
    And if it comes in a world that has no other vehicles aside from a train perhaps that would be great! If we absolutely cannot have this for fear of PETA then can we have some horseless carriages?
  • thesims3andtwothesims3andtwo Posts: 4,643 Member
    edited March 2014
    VDhorses wrote:
    horse-drawn carriages are cruel and i do not believe that they should be in the sims.

I don't exactly know what you have in mind with carriages, but most carriages in the western world that are used for freetime purposes (and for games as well I think, if you are not talking about the racehorses with sulkies) are not cruel.
    Actually, they make sure the horse doesn't have to carry to much weight on his back (a lot of riding horses have problems with their back) and the 'rider' doesn't disturbe the balance of the horse.

And I would love to have carriages in the sims!!!! :D
    especially the old-fashioned ones. They are just cool!

I tried to make a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 but it just didn't work without the carriage :(
  • thesims3andtwothesims3andtwo Posts: 4,643 Member
    edited March 2014
    horse-drawn carriages are cruel and i do not believe that they should be in the sims.

IF horse drawn carriages are put to an end , at least 20 people will lose there jobs.

And , what do you think will happen to the horses ? that they will be set free , neigh gratefully , and gallop into the sunset?

Think of this example before you continue your rant :

"If you went to somones home , threw open the door , and yelled , "Go, go! you are free , free as a bird , do you think they would thank you?"
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    edited March 2014
    Given this is an old thread the only hope we have for horse and carriage now in TS3 is from the TS3 Store.

They could pull it off by making the Horse an Npc Horse like they did with chickens and cows so people don't need to have pets to use it.

Hopefully by the mods moving this to the Sims 4 forum we can get these in the base game. It's something I'd like to see in TS3 and TS4.
  • Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    edited March 2014
    sure im in . you could have covered wagons open carriages closed carriages decorative ones sleighs . Heck you could even throw in a cannon limber as a a lawn ornament ( its literally a pain in the butt when you ride on one. ive done it )

for those unaware of what a limber is

Limber-Caisson.jpg
  • A_MomA_Mom Posts: 868 Member
    edited March 2014
    I had this thought that I posted in the Store Forum.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/480/738524.page

A_Mom wrote:
    O.K. I know this would be premium content, but how about a horse and carriage?

It would be considered a vehicle, so you wouldn't have to have Pets installed to use it. You could interact with the horse like you can with the dragon, talk to it, feed it, but the horse is not playable and does not have needs.

If you made the horse presets look like some of the presets from the Pets EP, then people could pretend the horse they own is the horse that's pulling the buggy.

Maybe a couple of types of carriages to choose from? Like a closed carriage, an open buggy, a wagon. And a couple of horse presets to choose from as well?

Thank you!!! :D
  • pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited March 2014
    MadameLee wrote:
    you guys ARE aware that there still are horse drawn carriages in big cities like Vancouver and NYC? I been to both and seen them in both places

In small villages of most countries, it's still one of the most common ways of transportation and I see no harm of them being in game.

I mean, sims can eat meat, can't they?
  • MsMayMsMay Posts: 440 Member
    edited March 2014
    Agree. It would be cool to have it in the TS4.
  • v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    edited March 2014
    Yep, get that horses something usefull to do.

I will add this to my list of what to ask when we start talking about a pets EP. Or maybe something related to previous eras ?
    jr73Y.gif

• loyallyroyalloyallyroyal Posts: 353 Member
    edited March 2014
    A_Mom wrote:

A_Mom wrote:

It would be considered a vehicle, so you wouldn't have to have Pets installed to use it. You could interact with the horse like you can with the dragon, talk to it, feed it, but the horse is not playable and does not have needs.

If you made the horse presets look like some of the presets from the Pets EP, then people could pretend the horse they own is the horse that's pulling the buggy.

Maybe a couple of types of carriages to choose from? Like a closed carriage, an open buggy, a wagon. And a couple of horse presets to choose from as well?

I LOVE this idea. My concern with actually hooking up pet horses to a carriage is that their needs go down so fast. You would be continually stopping by the side of the road every 15 sim minutes.
  • A_MomA_Mom Posts: 868 Member
    edited March 2014
    A_Mom wrote:

A_Mom wrote:

I LOVE this idea. My concern with actually hooking up pet horses to a carriage is that their needs go down so fast. You would be continually stopping by the side of the road every 15 sim minutes.

Thanks!

[off topic]: The horse's needs going down is another reason why I wish we had horse trailers (needs another thread...) in the game. Having to ride your horse or have the horse run on its own from your farm to the Equestrian Center tires them out before the race so you have to either run them tired and hungry or head off for the race way ahead of time so you can tend to their needs before the race.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top