Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please give us carriages

So rumour has it that the next EP is magic. If it's true, which I think it is, I'd love to have carriages in game. We already have horses, so I don't see why it would be hard to add a vehicle behind them and put them into the game.

Comments

• SkyscraperfanSkyscraperfan Posts: 4,287 Member
    edited March 2012
    horse-drawn carriages are cruel and i do not believe that they should be in the sims.
    My current Novelcy and general blog:
    https://themostevilfish.wordpress.com/
  • PepperbuttPepperbutt Posts: 3,201 New Member
    edited March 2012
    horse-drawn carriages are cruel and i do not believe that they should be in the sims.

JessicaClap.gif

YOU'RE RIGHT ABOUT SOMETHING FOR ONCE! OH MY GOD.

Well, depends on the people.. the ones downtown around Christmas seemed pretty nice. NYC's... ehhhhhh, that's debatable.

I kind of doubt we'll ever get carriages, since it'd require both Pets AND Magic Something. Some of them are really cute and all (some. Others can be hell), but I don't know if they'd totally fit Sims. I can't really imagine a horse-drawn carriage just going down the streets of Sunset Valley. Or Bridgeport.
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    edited March 2012

Riding a horse can be cruel too, but I'm not going into that. But if I want to make a game that is not based in anytime after 1886, and I want my sims to get around without a freaking taxi picking them up, then I want a horse drawn carriage.

ETA: Ok maybe not horse drawn carriages, but at least the option to get rid of all taxis in town. I don't mind if my sims have to walk half way across town to get somewhere, but I want the taxis to go.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    edited March 2012
    Like it or not there are some people the still use horse-drawn carriages, namely the Amish. I see them all the time where I live.
    edited March 2012
    ETA: Ok maybe not horse drawn carriages, but at least the option to get rid of all taxis in town. I don't mind if my sims have to walk half way across town to get somewhere, but I want the taxis to go.

I think there's a mod for that.

But yeah, I'd like a way to try and get rid of them in the game.. especially the annoying fake ones.
    lisasc360 wrote:
    Like it or not there are some people the still use horse-drawn carriages, namely the Amish. I see them all the time where I live.

So? I'm not talking about one reallllly tiny group of people. I'm talking about basically everyone else who has one. A lot of them are pretty cruel to the horse, and make them work in undesirable conditions.
  • wizplacewizplace Posts: 1,820 Member
    edited March 2012

Riding a horse can be cruel too, but I'm not going into that. But if I want to make a game that is not based in anytime after 1886, and I want my sims to get around without a freaking taxi picking them up, then I want a horse drawn carriage.

...he's trolling...
  • SkyscraperfanSkyscraperfan Posts: 4,287 Member
    edited March 2012
    wizplace wrote:

...he's trolling...

actually I was being serious
    My current Novelcy and general blog:
    https://themostevilfish.wordpress.com/
    edited March 2012
    wizplace wrote:

...he's trolling...

actually I was being serious
    I take it back then. You've haven't been trolling as much lately.
  • KayasurinKayasurin Posts: 107 New Member
    edited March 2012
    As with everything, horse-drawn carriages have the potential for abuse and cruelty to animals- but not every horse rider is hurting their horse, not every carriage driver is being cruel. It all depends on how you're working the horse, if the equipment fits, and how much weight the horse is being asked to pull.

Generalization statements like that irk me. If you're going to say something's cruel, you might want to check up on what it actually involves, first. This sort of thing isn't a "One-size fits all" deal.

That being said- the Sims clearly doesn't allow animal cruelty. The social worker would take the horse away long before it got to that point. Therefore, I, for one, think horse-drawn carriages could be awesome, complete with skill points for it.
    edited March 2012
    Kayasurin wrote:
    As with everything, horse-drawn carriages have the potential for abuse and cruelty to animals- but not every horse rider is hurting their horse, not every carriage driver is being cruel. It all depends on how you're working the horse, if the equipment fits, and how much weight the horse is being asked to pull.

Generalization statements like that irk me. If you're going to say something's cruel, you might want to check up on what it actually involves, first. This sort of thing isn't a "One-size fits all" deal.

That being said- the Sims clearly doesn't allow animal cruelty. The social worker would take the horse away long before it got to that point. Therefore, I, for one, think horse-drawn carriages could be awesome, complete with skill points for it.
    A just thought about this:
    A fat sim on a horse.
  • CocoafiendCocoafiend Posts: 36 New Member
    edited March 2012
    wizplace wrote:
    A fat sim on a horse.

Haha, I doubt it would be a problem - I think the horses in The Sims should be able to handle it.
  • simgreensimgreen Posts: 1,630 New Member
    edited March 2012
    I know this is unlikely now that Pets is over and done with, but I swear this would have been so good in a medievalish town.

And I don't think it really matters is to whether in reality some people are cruel to horses. Sims obviously can't be. So that argument is invalid. It's even more invalid to the fact that both the sim and horse is pixelated...
  • murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited March 2012

Riding a horse can be cruel too, but I'm not going into that....

:shock: Oh crap--for once, I actually don't have a ready opinion! :shock:
    edited March 2012
    Alright, I thought it over. The best way to not offend anyone against using specific beasts of burden would be for EA to invent/recycle a FICTITIOUS beast and have them lead wagons, vardos, buggies, coaches and carriages instead. I mean, no matter how much of a life simulation game simming is, it's still steeped in so much unrealistic stuff that this should be fine. Like, introducing a creature from Spore or something? I don't know--it's late, and I wanna go to bed. :x
    edited March 2012
    murfeel wrote:
    Alright, I thought it over. The best way to not offend anyone against using specific beasts of burden would be for EA to invent/recycle a FICTITIOUS beast and have them lead wagons, vardos, buggies, coaches and carriages instead. I mean, no matter how much of a life simulation game simming is, it's still steeped in so much unrealistic stuff that this should be fine. Like, introducing a creature from Spore or something? I don't know--it's late, and I wanna go to bed. :x

NIGHT NIGHTT. Sleep well. c:

I'd like that idea. It's a fictional EP anyway, why not have some new kind of NPC animal type thing? Like a giant non-civilized Bigfoot. Or something.
  • dvp_gamgurudvp_gamguru Posts: 279 New Member
    edited March 2012
    _bleh_ - this again. Just showing "Meh", if you get my jist. Not arguing or anything.
  • royalflush303royalflush303 Posts: 1
    edited April 2012
    The question was asking about the potential for horse-drawn carriages in the Sims 3, not about whether or not the practice is cruel in real life. Plenty of aspects of the game could be considered "cruel" when applied to the real world, and I promise that no horses will be harmed if they create horse-drawn carriages in The Sims 3. Can we stop crying now?
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,752 Member
    edited April 2012
    you guys ARE aware that there still are horse drawn carriages in big cities like Vancouver and NYC? I been to both and seen them in both places
    6adMCGP.gif
    edited April 2012
    MadameLee wrote:
    you guys ARE aware that there still are horse drawn carriages in big cities like NYC?

Yup, and they stink to HIGH heaven. :lol: In Manhattan you see them around places like Central Park, Rockefeller and such, especially around Xmas time, and that odor from the horses as they go pass is UNpleasant. Like...burning leather...that someone farted on :shock: :lol:

I would REALLY love Vardos, if EP 7 is the Fantasy EP like the rumors say.
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&qscrl=1&nord=1&rlz=1T4GGLL_enUS339US339&q=vardo&ion=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1366&bih=584&wrapid=tlif133424758805210&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=vACHT-6WHM2atweHh4mGCA
    I word, EA: 🐸🐸🐸🐸 :thumbup:

• VDhorsesVDhorses Posts: 1
    edited October 2012

I don't exactly know what you have in mind with carriages, but most carriages in the western world that are used for freetime purposes (and for games as well I think, if you are not talking about the racehorses with sulkies) are not cruel.
    Actually, they make sure the horse doesn't have to carry to much weight on his back (a lot of riding horses have problems with their back) and the 'rider' doesn't disturbe the balance of the horse.

And I would love to have carriages in the sims!!!! :D
    especially the old-fashioned ones. They are just cool!
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited October 2012
    I would love carriages!

*A rustic wagon for 'hay rides'
    *A victorian cab style
    *A princess style, ornate carriage

(And I checked out the RSPCA (Royal Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals) website, to see if it is 'cruel' and according to them, carriages themselves are not cruel, it's a minority of horse owners who offer tours for money and do not look after their animals properly. There are plenty of people offering carriage rides who DO look after their horses. So I see not reason not to include them in the game.)
  • sims0123456789sims0123456789 Posts: 4
    edited October 2012
    I see absolutely nothing wrong at all with adding horse drawn carriages or anything of that nature to the game. I think it would be a nice addition. Sims can't do much of anything to each other to cause hurt or injury really. Also in the game when the horse gets sick of have a sim on them they buck them off, just one example of how sims cant hurt one another. If horses couldn't handle carrages and such in the real world then it wouldn't still be going on today. There are pple out there that are horrible to animals and shouldn't be allowed to be arround them but they can't put that into the game. All sims games have to be appropriate for all ages. I personally wish there was an expansion or stuff pack for sims 3 to include stuff prior to the 1800s in all areas of life on sims. Im not sure if I just repeated some already made points or not but thats my opinion.
  • ValandisValandis Posts: 2,008 Member
    edited October 2012
    I can see horse drawn carriages in the Time Travel EP! I think the horses might enjoy drawing carriages like those dogs that draw sleds, they enjoy it very much. I don't think it's cruel until they are treated unfairly; riding in terrible conditions, bad treatment, etc.
  • AnnaLlisa87AnnaLlisa87 Posts: 13
    edited October 2012
    I think its a nice idea. My sims would love to ride in horse drawn cariages.
  • GAMESweetGGAMESweetG Posts: 1,214 Member
    edited October 2012
    Valandis wrote:
    I can see horse drawn carriages in the Time Travel EP! I think the horses might enjoy drawing carriages like those dogs that draw sleds, they enjoy it very much. I don't think it's cruel until they are treated unfairly; riding in terrible conditions, bad treatment, etc.

Correct and Time Travel EP is going to also feature horse carriages. As part of the Cowboy western time and Victorian Time that I read in the Time Travel EP survey.

I hope they could provide more horse breeds in this EP.
    sims_forum_sig01OxVtU_display.jpg
    YouTube: Good Sweet Games | SoundCloud: GAMESuite Tunes | Pinterest: GAMESuite Pins | Twitter: GAMESweetG
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top