Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Showtime Is Awesome, But.......

It could've been better...

1) I put DJ booths in clubs, and you can't dance on the dance floors while it's playing, only the music from those speakers or radios will work, which sucks. But I guess you can put a DJ booth in a club if you delete the dance floor, but it won't really be the same.

2) There are NO Katy Perry songs at ALL. I thought that there would be at least 2 of them!

3) We all know that bands from Late Night can't perform on stage like singers, acrobats, magicians, or DJ's, but it just really sucks. The game would've been awesome if you had a lead singer in your band, or even if bands just got to perform on stages without singers.

4) I think it would've been cool to make our own playlist on radios like from Sims 2. You can do that for Jukebox's and MP3 players though, but there are only 2 genres of music on them... And they sorta suck lol.

5) Regardless of if you have Showtime or not, with the new patch, your game always updates to see what people are doing. I have Twallan's SP mods, and with that I get notifications of all other Sims in my town, plus I get notifications of people uploading memories or that someone used Simport. It really gets my notification menu spammed, and like every 30 seconds I have to exit all of them. IT'S ANNOYING!!

But other than all that, Showtime is like the best ep EVER!!

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited March 2012
    I agree about the dj booths. Why can't our sims dance around them like they could in the sims 2? Now they just hover around the dj.

None of the clubs have food. I placed a buffet in one of the clubs and sims actually used it and set down and ate. I'm seeing a lot of hungry townies so I added that. After my sim uses it a lot of the others do as well.

So I recommend adding some of the nice clubs from Late Night to your town as I have. I like the sports bar but I set the bouncers to let everyone in so this club will have plenty of sims.
  • NofravellNofravell Posts: 975 Member
    edited March 2012
    I agree.

I placed the bars from LN into the new venues that came with Showtime, the foodoption doesn't work anymore. It is terrible. I had my sim go to a acrobat show yesterday, 15 sim-minutes later and half of the public started to scream for food, and since there were none, they all left.

And I really wish my simmies could dance to the DJ booth. :(