Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Showtime Trouble

I got Showtime on Tuesday and installed it without issue. Started a new game in the new world and played my sim without much trouble, just a bit of freezing but that later went away.

Everything was great, played all day yesterday but this morning when I loaded my save, the game went haywire. CAS has white boxes with graphics artifacts in the Sim bin. Simport doesn't show, my screen darkness. Game doesn't save, gives me Error 12.

I have no mods, just store content which I removed but didn't fix it. I deleted all the SIms 3 folders in Documents and started over, now the game loads VERY slow (10 mins) and then crashes.

My mac is updated as is the game. I have all the expansions and stuff packs. I've never had problems with my Sims game before.

This is very frustrating :(

Comments

• KeiKeeKeiKee Posts: 1
    edited March 2012
    I am having trouble too. I installed and played for about 10 minutes, noticed that some of their wishes had no picture,just blank then crashed. I started again, started different family, because I hadn't saved yet, and noticed they were moving fast. I saved in case of crash and went back to main menu, opened up saved game and it crashed. Haven't been able to get back on since. I get black screen won't open but says it's running.
  • LadeeBLadeeB Posts: 6 New Member
    edited March 2012
    I'm a new Mac User and bought Showtime this afternoon.
    I've installed without a problem. Made my Sim to play with. Started to move into a house,
    clicked on the property to purchase, but the game won't let me purchase. Seems I'm unable to choose anything
    in the menu either that is above Open Launcher, so i can't get to my options or anything.
    I've been waiting to play this for soooo long and am disappointed and frustrated that I can't figure out what's going on. :(
    Any suggestions?
  • AlicepireAlicepire Posts: 1
    edited March 2012
    I first started playing on my MacBook Pro, which was fine, I made my family perfect. Then, when I tried to save my five hours of work, it said it needed to be debugged and crashed.

Then, I decided to avoid the heartbreak and play on my iMac. Now it says it needs to be debugged every time I try to launch the game, and every time I press the debug button, nothing happens. I have reinstalled and restarted 5 times.

What do I do now?
  • MaryVannMaryVann Posts: 78 Member
    edited March 2012
    I got it working and it was working fine but then after hours of it being fine, it's broken again.
  • t00tziet00tzie Posts: 3
    edited March 2012
    i have a mac air still pretty new got it last dec i think & installed showtime on tues has been playing fine up until tonight when my sim had a performance in the park like she has had before with no problem when i click the stage to set it up it does nothing and she moves to the side of the stage and afterwards she had some singagrams i would click on the opportunity and they would pop up in the task bar then disappear & she wouldn't do them at all... really frustrating please help!! :( :?: :!:
  • nudebanditnudebandit Posts: 1
    edited March 2012
    Yep.
    Installed the game, and keep getting a message saying log in, but it won't let me log in.
    Consistent message saying update to the latest patch, but it IS updated to the latest patch.
    Can't use store content. Everything is there in the launcher but nothing appears in the game.
    Disaster.
  • BeanietudeBeanietude Posts: 12 New Member
    edited March 2012
    Game arrived and installed today. New Sim in new town created without issue. Moved in without issue. BUT game crashes at random points while in buy mode. I'm on a brand new MacBook Air.

And I'm rather disappointed. :-(
  • ChrisLLR2831ChrisLLR2831 Posts: 74 Member
    edited March 2012
    Beanietude wrote:
    Game arrived and installed today. New Sim in new town created without issue. Moved in without issue. BUT game crashes at random points while in buy mode. I'm on a brand new MacBook Air.

my game crashes every time I click on Hobbies in buy mode... what the hell is going on?!
  • etherealdreamsetherealdreams Posts: 27
    edited March 2012
    I have a new IMac (Lion OS) all updated and everything. Installed Showtime and I've noticed its "cranky" - yesterday for no reason, it just froze. And while looking at premade sims, I noticed the blocks their images would be in was completely blank or blurry (if I happens again, I will get a screenshot to show what I mean)...

And I can't even get Lunar Lakes to install after download from the EA store...but that is entirely another matter.
  • MylesW505MylesW505 Posts: 128 Member
    edited March 2012
    t00tzie wrote:
    i have a mac air still pretty new got it last dec i think & installed showtime on tues has been playing fine up until tonight when my sim had a performance in the park like she has had before with no problem when i click the stage to set it up it does nothing and she moves to the side of the stage and afterwards she had some singagrams i would click on the opportunity and they would pop up in the task bar then disappear & she wouldn't do them at all... really frustrating please help!! :( :?: :!:

I have a brand new MacBook Pro and I Showtime arrived today. I installed it and everything was working perfectly but when I set up my stage my sim walk on to it the the props disappear and she moves back to the side of it. I can do everything except perform on stage, that's what I've been looking forward to. Please help!!! :(
  • nanetsnanets Posts: 2
    edited March 2012
    Beanietude wrote:

I'm having the same problem ever since I installed Showtime and the new patch. in the buy/build the game simply freezes, even if I just started playing! It's annoying, I can't build my house.

What should I do?
  • SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    edited March 2012
    I think it might have something to do with the latest patch, more than Showtime. I have yet to save any game because my game is bugging (I can't get the baby out of her crib, and she's starving. My sims just won't interact with some objects.) I don't have showtime, but I just installed the new patch when they asked me to. I'm starting to regret it. I guess I'll wait for the next patch before playing again?
  • extremeasaurextremeasaur Posts: 2,701 Member
    edited March 2012
    it's the patch and right now there is nothing we can do until EA gives us a patch for the patch
  • etherealdreamsetherealdreams Posts: 27
    edited March 2012
    I'm uninstalling all of my games and patching up to 1.29...it always seems that when there is a new patch, more problems abound.
  • LAD007LAD007 Posts: 2
    edited March 2012
    Learned my lesson - will not buy any more games online through Origin. No product support and when you go to the website with and enter your issues with the game,it brings up games and forums that have nothing to do with your problem. BUYER BEWARE!!! Buy the games on discs, you don't get them any sooner!
  • missusjacksparrowmissusjacksparrow Posts: 18
    edited March 2012
    t00tzie wrote:

Same thing is happening to me :(