Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ST is Sooooooooo FB Farmville

title says it all---grind, grind, grind. At least in WoW you got to let off steam from all this frustration by wacking something :?

Comments

• 4thefunofit44thefunofit4 Posts: 3,032 Member
    edited March 2012
    Lol. funny i thought that this was starting to resemble sims social where I have to rely on people for free stuff....
  • yoshi_dragur2012yoshi_dragur2012 Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited March 2012
    i guess. the only difference between this and sims social is that we already paid for all the danged content. so if you can't get help from friends to advance your sims, you lose access to all the content you already paid for. :(
  • NathanNowellNathanNowell Posts: 933 Member
    edited March 2012
    i dont have showtime but i cant wait!!! the only really annoying thing is how you get a notice for every little thing someone does like memories or anything! its annoying as h e ll!!!!!!! it so frekinnn annoying!!! i honestly dont care if someone uploaded a memory, i dont need to know about that!!! i keep getting responses every 30 seconds!!
  • Funky_fairy18Funky_fairy18 Posts: 318 Member
    edited March 2012
    i dont have showtime but i cant wait!!! the only really annoying thing is how you get a notice for every little thing someone does like memories or anything! its annoying as h e ll!!!!!!! it so frekinnn annoying!!! i honestly dont care if someone uploaded a memory, i dont need to know about that!!! i keep getting responses every 30 seconds!!

Do you know if there's anyway to turn that off? :shock:
  • CMWarrenCMWarren Posts: 1,092 Member
    edited March 2012
    you really only have to grind until you get to profession level two, then you can simport and book gigs, which takes the grind away.
  • KatnapKatnap Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited March 2012

Do you know if there's anyway to turn that off? :shock:

At this time there's no way to turn off what we don't want posted on our walls, but they did say they will continue to tweak things as we bring issues up.

So we just need to get out there and keep nagging.
  • IAmTheRadIAmTheRad Posts: 22 New Member
    edited March 2012
    Yes, but will people stop trying to get gigs in their towns and send their Sims out after they get all the unlockables?
    edited March 2012
    CMWarren wrote:
    you really only have to grind until you get to profession level two, then you can simport and book gigs, which takes the grind away.
    simport is exactly the grind i was talking about. The more friends you have, the faster/better the chances for your sim to advance. Simport works best for a small friend network. It sucks when you get over 20+ friends. you can only host and send 1 sim at a time to a friend. So if you have more than 50+ friends in your friend network, you're going to be waiting a long time behind a lot of people :?

Unlike sims social, the bad news is you can't buy your way out of line to advance your sim's career since you've already bought the content in the game :?

Also once you host a sim in your hood, simport locks you into that commitment for the next 24 hrs real time. :evil: So if the person you sent the host invite to already accepted another invite from another friend, your gig facility (or sim you sent touring)is tied up until simport times out 24 hrs later real time. The only way around this is either cancel the current gig you're hosting in your hood, or cancel and resend your sims on another tour. You could end up doing this grinding quite a bit if the people you're hosting/touring have lots of friends. :?
  • KaelKael Posts: 2,197 Member
    edited March 2012
    CMWarren wrote:
    simport is exactly the grind i was talking about. The more friends you have, the faster/better the chances for your sim to advance. Simport works best for a small friend network. It sucks when you get over 20+ friends. you can only host and send 1 sim at a time to a friend. So if you have more than 50+ friends in your friend network, you're going to be waiting a long time behind a lot of people :?

Unlike sims social, the bad news is you can't buy your way out of line to advance your sim's career since you've already bought the content in the game :?

Also once you host a sim in your hood, simport locks you into that commitment for the next 24 hrs real time. :evil: So if the person you sent the host invite to already accepted another invite from another friend, your gig facility (or sim you sent touring)is tied up until simport times out 24 hrs later real time. The only way around this is either cancel the current gig you're hosting in your hood, or cancel and resend your sims on another tour. You could end up doing this grinding quite a bit if the people you're hosting/touring have lots of friends. :?

...No it doesn't. You obviously have never used Simport.
    edited March 2012
    IAmTheRad wrote:
    Yes, but will people stop trying to get gigs in their towns and send their Sims out after they get all the unlockables?
    I don't think so, especially since this sort of achievement gaming was made popular with Zynga and FB. I bet EA will keep doing competitions to give away either free or discounted store items in the future, so people will keep having to use simport. Stuff similar to what they're doing with the treasure hunt, except it requires using simport.

Who wouldn't want a free cow plant for wposting 100 memories on their simpage to all their friends via simport? :? Or a free rock wall for making 200 post to FB through simport etc etc.

Maybe this is EA's way of conditioning us for possible suscription game play online in the future? I really hope not... :(
    edited March 2012
    Kael wrote:
    CMWarren wrote:

Yes. I have. Which is EXACTLY why I made this post. :roll:
  • KaelKael Posts: 2,197 Member
    edited March 2012
    Kael wrote:
    CMWarren wrote:

Yes. I have. Which is EXACTLY why I made this post. :roll:

I've had it happen before, I was not locked in for 24 hours. If they have a gig beforehand your sim will be sent back and you'll get a pop-up saying they "got lost on tour."

Just because YOUR game glitched doesn't mean everyones did