Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Patch is Here! Custom Content (CC) Free Simporting! -CLOSED-

Comments

• Options
    LissykinLissykin Posts: 2,794 Member
    edited March 2012
    Updated. :)

@Wibble: Me too! LOL

@ShaneyBoy: I've added you to the list, but please do not use those glasses. Thank you! Just mentioning them has me a little nervous. XD
  • Options
    JessieSimJessieSim Posts: 71 New Member
    edited March 2012
    No CC what so ever in my game. Feel free to add me!
  • Options
    SelahFreeAtLastSelahFreeAtLast Posts: 5,102 Member
    edited March 2012
    You can add me. I have never used custom content or mods. I don't have the EP yet but do plan to get it.
    ID selahfreeatlast @deema316 on twitter
  • Options
    WibbleLikeAJellyWibbleLikeAJelly Posts: 2,410 Member
    edited March 2012
    Lissykin wrote:
    @Wibble: Me too! LOL!

:D I have an idea, I'll email you tomorrow. Perhaps I will be able to help after all :)

--Wibble
  • Options
    AliceMarieAliceMarie Posts: 124 Member
    edited March 2012
    I am CC free- and want to stay that way.

(I simported a couple of times before I realised that other poeple's CC was coming through, but I've deleted and uninstalled that stuff, so back to safe-mode!)

PS Thanks for making this list. I'll be checking it when simporting from now on :)
  • Options
    Tommy92Tommy92 Posts: 230 New Member
    edited March 2012
    Shameless bump! :wink:
  • Options
    PyliathesunelfPyliathesunelf Posts: 949 Member
    edited March 2012
    I'm sorry, but how can you be sure that people on the list are CC free? What if some troll came on here, said they were CC free, you simported and got a very nasty CC. Then that person simported with another CC free person on the list and so forth...

I think the best thing to do at the moment is to wait for EA to fix the problem.
  • Options
    edited March 2012

@Pyliahesunelf: Thank you for the post. I would love it if this feature of Showtime were released as EA said it would be in the Simport YouTube presentation pre-release. They promised no CC would transfer into our games. Period. They were wrong, so I'm just trying to find a temporary solution until EA can make it right.
    Your absolutely right, I can't be 100% sure that everyone here is being honest. I can't possibly download and scan with custard every sim ever invented by everyone to be sure they are CC free. I have to trust in humanity a bit and hope that the folks I've allowed into my game aren't going to sabotage.
    That being said, please use or do not use this list at your own risk. Thank you!
  • Options
    brianna123bbrianna123b Posts: 159 Member
    edited March 2012
    I cleaned out all of my Cc weeks ago.
    add me to the list.
  • Options
    Marlaina1994Marlaina1994 Posts: 234
    edited March 2012
    I build cc free.
    Okay, I just read your post in which you are referring to Sims and not builds. If I do purchase Showtime, I will have my name added to the list.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Thanks Marlaina! I appreciate the clarification. :)
  • Options
    maria_loves_alexmaria_loves_alex Posts: 9,054 Member
    edited March 2012
    I use cc which is in the form of package files and does not transfer to peoples games when they download my sim from the exchange. The cc that Im guessing would transfer, is the sims3packs which need to be installed through the launcher and when you upload a sim with it, it will download with it. I convert all my cc files to package files because I don't want to put unknown cc into other players' games. If you'd like to download the cc I use I can tell you where to get it.

You can add me to your list, but if you're still worried its ok, however I'd be happy to host your sims :)
    My Page: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/maria_loves_alex

Follow me on the Sims 4 Gallery - ID 'MariannaSims'
  • Options
    TheBMhunterTheBMhunter Posts: 438 Member
    edited March 2012
    I don't use CC :). Add me to the list :D.
    wow-Draenei.jpg
  • Options
    LadyVixenLadyVixen Posts: 80 Member
    edited March 2012
    My game is CC free, you may add me to the list.

*Just wanted to add that I only use EA patterns in my game and that I do not download from the exchange, because of the possible CC transfer.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Hi Maria! How about we do this - since I have a clean game, I can host one of your simmies. If they pass my test and nothing transfers, I'll add you. What do you think?
  • Options
    asim23asim23 Posts: 108 Member
    edited March 2012
    Please add me to the list, I only use stuff from the Sims 3 Store.

Thank You =)
  • Options
    maria_loves_alexmaria_loves_alex Posts: 9,054 Member
    edited March 2012
    Lissykin wrote:
    Hi Maria! How about we do this - since I have a clean game, I can host one of your simmies. If they pass my test and nothing transfers, I'll add you. What do you think?

ok Im happy with that :) I dont have my game yet though :( Im waiting to have it delivered and don't know when that'll be either

I'll bookmark this thread, and post on here when I do so we can test my sims out. I read somewhere that using simport, installs sims into each others games. But don't worry, the cc my sims use will either not appear (making my sims look funny) or will be repolaced by stuff in the game)

I hope that people reading this, will uninstall all the cc they have installed into their launcher and download the application to convert the files
    My Page: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/maria_loves_alex

Follow me on the Sims 4 Gallery - ID 'MariannaSims'
  • Options
    legendarybitka29legendarybitka29 Posts: 1,185 Member
    edited March 2012
    You can add me. I only have store content.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    This was just posted from SimGuruSNelson:

SimGuruSNelson
    SimGuruSNelson
    Hi Simmers. I wanted to let you know that we are releasing a Game Update very soon that will provide a solution to prevent any custom, user-created content from being installed in the host’s game when using SimPort. Additionally, this Game Update will ensure any files associated with a visiting Sim are not saved to a player’s system permanently.

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. We are reading all of your posts and will continue to provide solutions as quickly as possible.

Awesome! I can't wait for the patch! :D
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    @MariaLovesAlex: Great! Let me know when you're ready and we'll set it up. Thanks!!

• Options
    Amiracle99Amiracle99 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited March 2012
    I don't use CC either. I would like to be added!
  • Options
    MBernishMBernish Posts: 2,122 New Member
    edited March 2012
    I deleted all of my CC for Lent, and do not plan on going back. Please add me to the list! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited March 2012
    You can add me to the list -- I don't use CC on my sims and will even try not to use store hairs on my Simporting Sims (I might use hairs from other EPs/SPs).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Upanova01Upanova01 Posts: 147 New Member
    edited March 2012
    Please add me to the list too. I only have Store items and no CC either!
  • Options
    boomerjamboomerjam Posts: 27 New Member
    edited March 2012
    I only have store content please add me to the list!!! :D