Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SOS – Save Our Sims!

Congratulations - By clicking on this thread you`ve taken the first important steps towards saving our precious sims from kept being reduced to nothing but lifeless mannequins in a flashy interior design magasin… :)

This, to me at least, seems like a non-negotiable fact – That the lack of personality of our sims cannot be covered up much longer.

The second step is to carefully consider important improvments that will help future TS-gameplay to be the best possible, so please add your ideas here.

Many simmers find themselves getting bored pretty quickly – and why is that? Is it really because there´s nothing left to do in “Rabbit-hole Valley”? No… In fact, surprisingly, the truth is quite the opposite - there have never been so much to do as right now in TS3. And, hey – There´ve never been so many sofas to choose from in the store ever before either… x)

Q: So what is really the problem?

A: The sims themselves…

Q: How so?

A: Let me try to explain this… Imagine that we could fully – truly – custimize our sim-characters… Not just by looks, but if we were allowed to create an avatar with a never before seen uniqeness to his/her personality - so fine tuned and well adjusted that it would be pure pleasure just watching that sim doing… whatever!

Simple things would then again mean everything! Simply because then the game wouldn´t mainly consist of endless repetitions from last time… From our last sim-household… From yesterday… From last year…

The era of fast forwarding through our sim-avatars lives will definitely be over the day we´d actually be afraid that we might miss out on something interesting ;)
In that very same instant, hopefully we would also wake up from this slumer party of consumption, that has been going on for quite some time now… We would rediscover what really should matter in this game – The heart and mind of our sims!

We need tools for customize everything from body-language to facial expressions in all kinds of different situations (fright, sadness, aggression, concentration/focus , happiness, astonishment, shame, grief, mischief, embarrassment etc)

And to go with that we´d need a highly, tremendously sophisticated trait/personality-system.
One that continuously would unlock new behaviors, animations together with an endless stream of never before seen pie-pieces in the pop-up action menues, all according to how we play that specific sim.

The sims would then slowly continue developping their own unique personalities along with game-play and through different life-experiences. All this resulting in a much more dynamic interaction based game-play between different sim-characters in all kinds of situations.
The day we can fully enjoy a sim-game with little else than the sims themselves and their interactions/relations to eachother – That´s the day TS-series gonna rule once more!

Don´t get me wrong – I want heigh-sliders, seasons and cool snowboard-equipment too – Just not at the expense of our sim´s “souls”…
This is the biggest aspect of the game that has been put on hold for way to long now – and it rapidly starts to show now when people have all this fancy stuff – but noone to play with, so to speak… Street after street with great houses crammed with sims – yet noone´s really home, right…? :D

But one thing doesn´t necessarily have to exclude another, so… I´m not saying that we should take away their fast cars or anything – Just that the main-focus should be on the driver himself/herself rather than the color of the vehicle…
Basically - To make a long story short - We need tools that let us get involved in the very essence of the sim-being – not just hardly let us scratch the surface by only picking the perfect eye-color and hair for them along with some nonsens traits that won´t contribute to anything interesting really…

Not every sim laughs out loud, clap their hands at random, or whatever… At least not in the exact same manner, day after day right? But isn´t that the kind of things that makes a sim a sim, you might ask…? No – That is just the kind of sim-behavior that undoubtedly make us yawn after a while… Because now, in the end they´re all doing the same things – over and over and over again…

I do understand what kind of work a different approach like this would mean for EA before we all could enjoy the perfect sim-experience. But I believe it is the only way to go – And the sooner we start moving in this direction the better, right? :)

A game called The Sims – Why not focus on just that, The Sims themselves for a change…?
Z5yqGx5.png