Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Shades of Love Genetics Challenge

Comments

• Jaxxx10Jaxxx10 Posts: 218 New Member
    edited April 2012
    Alec aged up!
    Screenshot-22.jpg"width=540"
    Hmm.. I don't really like the shape of his eyes.
    Screenshot-24-1.jpg"width=540"
    The twins also aged.
    Screenshot-27.jpg"width=540"
    Aslinn
    Screenshot-36.jpg"width=540"
    Amaris
    Screenshot-37.jpg"width=540"
  • SimmindipitySimmindipity Posts: 674 Member
    edited April 2012
    Loved everyone's updates finally was able to play catch up. I'm about to start my game and add some photo's a bit later. I hope I get luck like all of you to have beautiful children haha. Happy simming. :mrgreen:
    edited April 2012
    ***UPDATES***

atj4h.png
    Aiden had a birthday, Larazo slept right through it. Mom didn't bother to watch either.

2dumejo.png
    Mom finally came to pick him up and cheer him on for aging. He has moms blue eyes and blonde hair but dads tanned complexion.

otg9c5.png
    Amanda didn't hesitate to teach Aiden to walk...

vsgdih.png
    While she was teaching Aiden to walk Lazaro woke up to a stray kitten in the house.

2rhyavn.png
    They adopted him and named him "Tipsy". Tipsy wasted no time getting comfy in his new home.

1628e81.png
    Meanwhile, Aiden mastered Walking. Amanda was proud.

ek3zo0.png
    Larazo felt like Aiden was ready to potty train....

2rzw5cj.jpg
    Proud daddy moment, Aiden mastered potty training.

Not much has been happening, we're still dirt poor. Amanda hasn't started working yet due to time off after having Aiden. Larazo is bringing in a little cash and as the money comes it goes. Something has to give... Wish them luck!
  • rk800rk800 Posts: 541 Member
    edited April 2012
    BrandyD83 wrote:
    ***UPDATES***

atj4h.png
    Aiden had a birthday, Larazo slept right through it. Mom didn't bother to watch either.

2dumejo.png
    Mom finally came to pick him up and cheer him on for aging. He has moms blue eyes and blonde hair but dads tanned complexion.

otg9c5.png
    Amanda didn't hesitate to teach Aiden to walk...

vsgdih.png
    While she was teaching Aiden to walk Lazaro woke up to a stray kitten in the house.

2rhyavn.png
    They adopted him and named him "Tipsy". Tipsy wasted no time getting comfy in his new home.

1628e81.png
    Meanwhile, Aiden mastered Walking. Amanda was proud.

ek3zo0.png
    Larazo felt like Aiden was ready to potty train....

2rzw5cj.jpg
    Proud daddy moment, Aiden mastered potty training.

Not much has been happening, we're still dirt poor. Amanda hasn't started working yet due to time off after having Aiden. Larazo is bringing in a little cash and as the money comes it goes. Something has to give... Wish them luck!
    The mom is GORGEOUS! :) Kudos to you! Is she on the exchange, because I want to download her?
    2cr3bs9.png
  • amadazulsimamadazulsim Posts: 1,800 Member
    edited April 2012
    Brandy, Aiden is such a cutie. He looks so sweet and innocent. :)
    I like the picture of Tipsy sleeping on the couch.
    Amando seems to be taking to motherhood pretty well.

Jaxxx, Alec does have an unique eye shape. I think he looks good though. I like the hairstyle you choose for Aslinn. Amaris is my favorite.

rk800, yes the mom is on the exchange. Her name is Amanda and she was made by Sharonsim0721

I hope everyone has a good evening or morning depending where you are.
    Happy Simming! :)
    ]
    edited April 2012
    Rk808, thanks hun I can not take credit for her though as she is not one of my creations. She can be found HERE I just changed her skintone, hair, makeup and I have mod default eyes used (also added light freckles across her nose).

Amada, I think he is such a cute toddler I'm hoping he continues with the cute streak. So far he seems to be a sweetheart and Amanda is indeed coming into motherhood well. She just have an 3 hour bad moodlet whenever she's close to him but she still seems to do her part as a mom.
    edited April 2012
    At first I was thinking about using Addy as my heir because I think she is the prettiest but now I'm leaning towards Aslinn since she looks like both parents.Hmmm decisions 8)
    edited April 2012
    Jaxxx, I think Aslinn would be perfect because of her strong genes of both parents.
    edited April 2012
    Back with an update. :)

Raj moved in with the Flume family since Nicky and Albert were married.
    Raj loves to dance.
    Screenshot-18-1.jpg
    He especially loves to dance with Amerie.
    Screenshot-19-1.jpg

Screenshot-20-1.jpg
    They even go for morning jogs together.
    Screenshot-24.jpg
    They spent their first date watching the stars and smooching. :)
    Screenshot-22.jpg

Screenshot-23.jpg
    I think it is safe to say that I have a love connection.
    Screenshot-15-1.jpg

Screenshot-16-1.jpg
    Well that is all for now.
    Happy Simming! :)

edit:
    family tree
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    ]
    edited April 2012
    Addalee Got married to her high school sweetheart just a few days after graduation and here are some highlights from the wedding.

Her soon be husband Chad Hart proposing to her on a late night walk.
    61.png"width=440"
    The bride on the wedding day
    62.png"width=440"
    Exchanging rings
    Screenshot-88.jpg"width=440"
    Who invited Chads Ex-girlfriend?!This cant be good.
    Screenshot-96.jpg"width=440"
    ...and it wasn't!
    Screenshot-98.jpg"width=440"
    But of course Addy won :]
    Screenshot-101.jpg"width=440"
    They are currently saving money to move out of Addys parents house.
    edited April 2012
    Jaxxx10 wrote:
    Screenshot-101.jpg"width=440"
    They are currently saving money to move out of Addys parents house.

Addy was absolutely beautiful on her wedding day! Such a shame she had to fight his ex but the ex definitely got what she deserved. Great updates everyone. I should be posting updates a bit later today.
    edited April 2012
    **UPDATES ARE HERE**

A lot has happened in my game I was so busy snapping picture's that it built up so I'm going to pretty much skip a lot of details I apologize for that but you still get the point...

xgh4z9.png
    Amanda picked up a hobbie that just so happens to bring some income to the family. While Aiden is playing in the living room Amanda tries to squeeze in some time to make extra cash since she hasn't been working.

1564yz7.png
    Aiden is becoming really good with his blocks. He thrives at learning hopefully that ability takes him far...

wu4hur.png
    After making a few bucks on her painting she thought she'd take up some time with Aiden and go for a walk around the neighborhood. Aiden saw a pup run by and instantly reacted to it. Amanda, has really turned this motherhood thing into a breeze, she's a natural.

24l535d.png
    Larazo also picked up a knack for writing, I must say he is doing fairly well and is earning a few bucks from his novels. While Amanda was out walking Aiden he finished his new Sci-fi novel after getting off from work since the house was quiet.

2ytwobb.png
    Mom gets home and fixes Aiden dinner and Aiden wasted no time grubbing, he got most of it on himself, the floor and high chair.

xc56v.png
    After Amanda see's the huge mess she instantly starts to clean and sat Aiden down with Tipsy. I think Tipsy and Aiden have a great relationship an even better one since Aiden was full of food.

2mdmgbd.png
    Amanda has gotten way better at cooking but right after her meal she ran to the bathroom...

2lbjs4n.png
    The next day after work (sorry no wardrobe change lol) Lazaro came home excited about his promotion... Amanda was pleased to hear the news that meant a few new things could be added to their home since saving...

jzxr9l.png
    1zojf9s.png
    To celebrate his promotion Larazo took Amanda out to a free show at the local theater then out to dinner at the fancy Bistro...

264qe5j.png
    Right after dinner... Amanda ran off to a nearby restroom...

14plyh.png
    After making it back home Amanda shared her news with Lazaro...
    "I'm pregnant"
    edited April 2012
    Brandy, Loving the update. I can't wait to see the new baby.

Small update.

I am saddened to announce that River has passed on. :cry:
    He was in the middle of painting a masterpiece and...
    Screenshot-27.jpg
    Everyone is torn up.
    Screenshot-28.jpg

Screenshot-27.jpg
    Raj tried to console Amerie.
    He is such a good boyfriend.
    Screenshot-31.jpg

Screenshot-30.jpg
    Since River's death their hasn't been anything going on. Everybody has been in such a bad mood that they aren't doing anything fun or exciting.

Happy Simming All.
    ]
    edited April 2012
    Thanks for the update and I am sad to hear that River passed on... I know Ariela is torn into pieces. Hopefully things pick up.

I am very upset that I can no longer play this family. Everyone is telling me the file is corrupt. For some reason Larazo went over to the elders home next door to their place and the game froze as he went to look at a window? The game crashes there every single time it's like he has become apart of their household or something? I am beyond frustrated with the many issues I've been having lately with Sims 3. If I did start over with this family everything will be different I'm sure and it's just a headache to think about. I did take a few picture's of the last couple of moments but I am not sure if I can get my family back working with the hopes of a mod/removal of mods or simply just starting the game up without CC... But I'll keep you all informed. I'm going to try a few things before completely giving up I made too much progress...

Anyways, wishing you all a Happy Sunday and I'm off to TRY and save my game.

Happy Simming
    <3
    edited April 2012
    Awww Brandy, I am sorry to hear your game is acting up. Do you think it stems from the sims or a cc problem. I am trying to go cc free with all of the heirs so that we don't run into those problems. I hope you can get it fixed. I would hate for you not to be a part of the challenge. I really enjoy your updates.
    ]
    edited April 2012
    @Amada, All is working as I told you last night. Thanks, I enjoy your updates as well as everyone else's. I see it's gotten a bit slow here but it's fine I'll still flood this thread with my many memories haha. I guess life has caught up to everyone which is totally understandable... Hoping some more people join in though it's always fun to see how the same families can end up having a totally different look, life style, etc. Wishing everyone a Happy Monday and Happy simmming...

**UPDATES**

I must add, it's been such a struggle with this family lol. This is my first time playing a game without cheating for money and OH MY GOD it's hard coming up with inventive ways to make ends meet, but they are now doing a bit better. Lazaro has the klepto trait so where ever he goes I find something he has taken and either use it in their home and/or sell it. Both are gardeners and have been making money selling produce and fruits at the local market. Amanda is an level 10 painter and she makes a pretty penny on her artwork. Lazaro has been working on novels and is I believe a level 6 so he has income coming in from his novels as well as his job at the science center. Amanda still has not worked a day in her field so I'm saving up points to change her lifetime dream. Now with the updates:

k2q6b.jpg
    Learning that there's a baby on the way both Lazaro and Amanda worked hard to earn extra cash to add on to their house. Lazaro found a lot of things at the local dump, the neighbors trash and from the neighbors garden.

14cb6n5.jpg
    There wasn't enough money to go all out with the house, however it was just enough to add a second bedroom, move the bathroom and make a hallway. They are still saving so that they can add on more...

ay3ev4.jpg
    With the baby due any day now Amanda thought it would be a good time to spend with Aiden... A nice story before bedtime.

15nq0i0.jpg
    Suddenly they received an unexpected visitor, GRIM was there to take Tipsy back with him. The family was devastated.

21e7xoy.jpg
    Both Amanda and Lazaro worked on making money before the baby came... Also it was something to do to keep their mind off their lost.

q35z.jpg
    Amanda spent everyday in her garden... Not only was this away for food but a way for quick cash.

huk7qq.jpg
    Aiden had some adventure's while daddy was at work and mommy was out in her garden.

f0d89i.jpg
    m8po39.jpg
    Happy Birthday Aiden...

90zndy.jpg
    Shortly after... Amanda went into labor!
    edited April 2012
    Bandy, I have to agree, I have become very creative in finding ways to earn money. Oh how I want to use the money cheat. lol I also hope more people decide to join. I know RL is getting busy for some.

I like what you have done with the house. It is so sad when the family pet dies. Rip Tipsy. :(
    Aiden is still looking good. I can't wait to see more of him.
    Horray for baby coming. :)

Update time!! :D

There was a simfest going on at the coffee house and I decided that would be a good distraction for the family. They are so sad since River died.
    Screenshot-3.jpg
    Raj and Amerie encouraged Ariela to perform at the simfest.
    Screenshot-2-3.jpg

Screenshot-4-2.jpg
    Always the performer. :)
    Screenshot-3-1.jpg
    It was one of her best performances.
    Right after her performance....
    Screenshot-6-2.jpg
    NOOOOOO!!! :cry:
    Screenshot-8-2.jpg
    Ariela was ready to go, I think she wanted to be with River. :(
    Screenshot-9-1.jpg
    Raj tries his best to console Amerie.
    Screenshot-16-2.jpg
    He takes her to the local bar.
    The both break down. Ariela loved to sing there.
    Screenshot-17-1.jpg
    They gather up the strength to sing a song for River and Ariela.
    Screenshot-22-1.jpg
    After the performance, Raj surprises Amerie...
    Screenshot-19-2.jpg
    I think that is a yes! :)
    Screenshot-21-1.jpg
    ]
    edited April 2012
    Oh my, for some reason I saw that coming. I was hoping not too soon for the sake of the kids but you're right I think she was ready to go. I noticed her broken heart as she was leaving, now she can be with River again. Congrats on Amerie and Raj's engagement. I can not wait to see what the future holds for those two.
    edited April 2012
    Grrr! So my computer has been acting crazy lately(today) and I lost some pictures so I shall summarize :twisted:

Everyone has aged up,Natiki & Adrian are elders and all the kids are young adults. Addalee finally moved out once her and her husband had their first baby, a girl named Gwyn.Alec has joined the music career and will soon move out as well.I do have 2 pictures of the twins(which of one will be my heir)

Aslinn
    Screenshot-19-1.jpg"width=540"
    Amaris
    Screenshot-20-1.jpg"width=540"
  • Rhett9Rhett9 Posts: 9,870 Member
    edited April 2012
    I'll do it. I will be using Founder family #2
    edited April 2012
    @Jax, the girls aged up beautifully. Thanks for sharing. Sorry to hear about your computer. My game was out of whack as well.

@Rhett, Welcome aboard!!! Can't wait to see your updates.

I'll be updating a bit later today... :-)
    edited April 2012
    Alec decided it was time to move out, He looked for a roommate online and came across this guy named Van Muffin (Vanilla cream muffin)Van came over to met Alec.
    Screenshot-38-1.jpg"width=540"
    Van helped himself to some breakfast,That's where Van and Aslinn first met.(Someone needs to clean out the fridge lol)
    Screenshot-21-1.jpg"width=540"
    After a few days Van came back to visit and help Alec move out.Aslinn really likes him!
    Screenshot-29-1.jpg"width=540"
    After days of flirting Aslinn put the moves on Van.
    Screenshot-32-1.jpg"width=540"
    They decided to be exclusive
    Screenshot-34-1.jpg"width=540"
    Van took Aslinn out on a dinner date
    Screenshot-42-1.jpg"width=540"
    and then when she least expected it he proposes!
    Screenshot-46-2.jpg"width=540"
    Of course she said "Yes!"
    Screenshot-49-2.jpg"width=540"
    edited April 2012
    @Jaxx, Congrats on Aslinn engagement. I think he is perfect for her (genetics wise lol) I can not wait for the baby to come...

**Updates**

f76a19e5.jpg
    1f805cee.jpg
    Both Amanda and Lazaro were excited to get a baby girl. Her name is "Aubree"

2fd3528c.jpg
    Today is Aiden's first day of school. He's nervous about his first day and how the kids would perceive him.

8e9fcd71.jpg
    Meanwhile, Amanda spends time painting a picture of Lazaro since he had some days off from work.

4b9a5590.jpg
    Aiden share's his experience of school with Lazaro and how he didn't meet anyone on the first day. Daddy gives him a comfort hug.

****At some point my game was being weird and screen shots were taken but didn't not save?! So I'm starting off from below... Sorry guys****

fb73424a.jpg
    Aubree aged up beautifully... First things first, right after work daddy teaches her to walk.

749af4f7.jpg
    Afterwards, daddy and Aubree play around. Lazaro is such a great father.

e76edfe1.jpg
    Mommy finally finished her master piece and decided it was time to teach Aubree how to talk.

565d2479.jpg
    "Is that a boogie" (LOL I just thought this was a funny shot of them)

dfd2cc99.jpg
    Lazaro goes over to a co-workers party. He has baby fever again and doesn't hesitate to swoop up her baby. Not sure she appreciated him picking up her baby... :lol:

b5a7cd13.jpg
    While Lazaro was at the party Amanda potty trained Aubree and got her ready for bed. Aubree had such a full day of learning...

f65e29ff.jpg
    Lazaro must have had a bit TOO much to drink at the party, instead of driving home in his bucket he took a taxi and begin making funny faces at Amanda.

I'll update tomorrow if I get some playing time in... Good night everyone. :)
    edited April 2012
    Great updates everyone. :)
    I am finally able to get on the forums and post an update. I kept getting liamed. :(

Wedding photos.
    Screenshot-36.jpg
    Here comes the bride.
    Screenshot-37.jpg

Screenshot-38.jpg

Screenshot-39.jpg

Screenshot-40.jpg
    Reception time which means there's cake. :)
    Screenshot-35.jpg

Screenshot-44.jpg

Screenshot-42.jpg
    Happily Married. :mrgreen:
    Screenshot-46.jpg

Screenshot-45.jpg
    The only way to end the wedding night.
    Screenshot-10-3.jpg

Screenshot-11-2.jpg
    ]
    edited April 2012
    Jaxx, The twins aged up nicely. I can't wait to see Aslinn and Van progress in their relationship.

Brandy, Awwww I love the picture of them holding the baby. Aubree is a cute name.
    Aiden looks so nervous on his first day of school.
    I am sure the kids will love him.
    Aubree is very pretty.
    Genetics are really going well in everyones games.

Rhett, Welcome to the challenge. I look forward to your updates.
    ]