Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Shades of Love Genetics Challenge

Comments

• SassyDanaSassyDana Posts: 2,375 Member
    edited March 2012
    Alec is cute ^_^ Where did he get his eye color from?
    110zzsw.gif
  • Jaxxx10Jaxxx10 Posts: 218 New Member
    edited March 2012
    SassyDana wrote:
    Alec is cute ^_^ Where did he get his eye color from?

No Idea! :D
  • amadazulsimamadazulsim Posts: 1,800 Member
    edited March 2012
    Sassy, I love the new avi! Aeia is really pretty. I agree she looks like her mom.
    I am still trying to complete the challenge. lol I thought it would be easy but Ariela has no desire to blow up anything. :?

BrandyD83, Welcome to the challenge! Thank you for letting me know that Daisy is no longer available I will change that immediately. Also like Sassy said you can choose whatever town you like to place the house. :D

strelitzia19, I hope you and Noah are feeling better. Get well soon. Oh yeah I tried to add as many cc free sims to the genepool as possible. There are a few still with cc but most don't have any. :D

Jaxxx10, I am glad everyone survived the fire. Addalee looks like her dad to me. She is very pretty. I think Alec looks like his dad. Congratulations on twins. I can't wait to see how they look.

Well I am off to play now. I probably be updating later on tonight.

edit: Daisy has been replaced with Amanda.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    ]
    edited March 2012
    Austin and Andrew are now YA. I didn't even notice they aged up. :?
    Austin was playing the guitar...........
    Screenshot-2-3.jpg
    The next time I checked on what he was doing he was in his cap and gown.
    Screenshot-4-4.jpg
    Andrew was looking at stars and then I checked his age and he was a YA.
    Screenshot-86.jpg

Screenshot-5-3.jpg
    Since my house was so little I decided to move them out with their older sister Ashley. Here is a picture of the 2 of them before they moved. They are handsome to me.
    Screenshot-7-4.jpg
    The youngest set of twins Amerie and Albert are now toddlers.
    Screenshot-6-4.jpg

Screenshot-9-3.jpg
    River aged up too.
    Screenshot-10-3.jpg
    Really he aged up with that hair. smh!
    Screenshot-11-2.jpg

That is all for now.
    Happy Simming!
    ]
  • SimmindipitySimmindipity Posts: 674 Member
    edited April 2012
    Lovely updates everyone, I have yet to start the challenge but I do choose family #2. Quick question... Is Amanda free of bad cc? Has anyone tested her out? Thanks for the warm welcomes. Oh and also, I'll need to use a different house I keep getting an error with it.
    edited April 2012
    Brandy, I have used sharonsims since I was playing the sims 2 and the sims cc hasn't transfered to my game. The sims usually come cc free. I will put her in my game and see what happens. Go ahead and use a different house I just ask that it is a starter house. :)

Edit:
    I just checked Amanda and the only cc that transfered was a dress. Everything else was base game.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    ]
    edited April 2012
    Sassy, I love the new avi! Aeia is really pretty. I agree she looks like her mom.
    I am still trying to complete the challenge. lol I thought it would be easy but Ariela has no desire to blow up anything. :?

Thanks ^_^ I think your sim needs to have invetor skills to blow up things.
    110zzsw.gif
    edited April 2012
    Brandy, I have used sharonsims since I was playing the sims 2 and the sims cc hasn't transfered to my game. The sims usually come cc free. I will put her in my game and see what happens. Go ahead and use a different house I just ask that it is a starter house. :)

Edit:
    I just checked Amanda and the only cc that transfered was a dress. Everything else was base game.

Thanks hun, well I'm about to get started this morning with my game. The house did work but a few things were replaced. Now I need to read the rules because I need to understand exactly how the money situation work. I know there's no "cheating" but I also read that you can use funds to fix up the home but how much are we allowed to use on fixing up the house? (Sorry for all the questions lol)
    edited April 2012
    We have have some good lookin' sim babies =]
  • Clairey900Clairey900 Posts: 939
    edited April 2012
    I'm finding it really difficult to get back into playing the Sims. I don't even know why, my attention span right now is very short and I can't concentrate on my game for long.
    I don't know when I'll have an update, I'm hoping it's just a bit of a phase I'm going through and it'll pass soon. I keep getting my game out ready to put into my computer but I'm getting so sidetracked with everything and nothing and it ends up being too late to play.
    I just wanted you guys to know and hopefully I'll be back soon!
    edited April 2012
    Finally on board... I replaced a few things in the home without having to use a money cheat at all. They still have a little bit of money left but both have jobs as of now.

Here's Amanda Lansing:
    4q5uh3.jpg
    I gave her that last name since it was just "Sim" all I pretty much did to her was change her hair and skin and of course clothing.
    I randomized her traits and she has...
      Over-emotional
      Virtuoso
      Dislikes kids
      Artistic
      Green thumb

Her lifetime wish is to become an Paranormal Profiteer

Here's Lazaro Moreno:
    35k1gro.jpg
    Same as Amanda I just changed his skin and hair to achieve the look I was satisfied with. Randomized traits are...
      Unlucky
      Klepto
      Family-Oriented
      Schmoozer
      Computer Whiz

His lifetime wish is to be Surrounded By Family

This is there home, can't say I'm too crazy about it lol
    33wxqm9.jpg
    :lol:

Be back soon with updates...
    edited April 2012
    Question... For the 1st challenge do the parents or children(once of age) need to blow up the junk yard?
  • ShaShathesimShaShathesim Posts: 66 New Member
    edited April 2012
    wow good job everyone. loving the pictures...good luck!
    edited April 2012
    *Updates*
    I finally played a bit and here are some picture's, enjoy!

2zhec5l.jpg
    I started them off as boyfriend/girlfriend... So far they seem to get along wonderfully. I forgot to take picture's of the beginning, my apologies. But here he's trying to butter her up for woohoo :lol:

ve16d1.png
    Well I guess those roses did the trick because she didn't hesitate. She was actually the first one to the shower.

eq7eac.png
    After fun in the shower they decided to take it to the bedroom for a nice pillow war... Where is his clothing you ask? Yea, I asked the same thing.

1411imx.png
    The next day she's throwing up... Amanda did prepare a very poor breakfast, could it have made her tummy upset? Perhaps... :wink:

neca3n.png
    Later that day Amanda expresses to Lazaro "I threw up all day, maybe I'm pregnant?!" He sat there and listened to her gripes but... When she turned her head he clapped with pure satisfaction. "I knocked you up!"
    edited April 2012
    A Little update

Adrian decided to cause a little trouble and headed down to the junk yard.
    2435iwz.jpg"width=540"
    Alec had a birthday
    15xofib.jpg"width=540"
    Amaris aged up as well(I think shes my favorite so far!)
    xoef4j.jpg"width=540"
    along with her twin sister Aslinn
    o6g314.jpg"width=540"
    edited April 2012
    :lol: I feel like pillow fighting naked could lead to disaster
    edited April 2012
    Jaxx, The parents are the ones who complete the challenge.
    I have to agree we do have some good looking sim babies.

Brandy, I love the skin you are using on your sims. Lazario and Amanda look good. I can't wait to see their babies together.

************, Thank you.

Clairey, I know how you feel. Sometimes I get like that and I just take time away from the game and usually just stop by to comment and not post. You will get your sim mojo back eventually. :D

Update Time! :)
    Ariela and River wasted no time teaching Amerie and Albert how to walk and talk.
    Screenshot-3-3.jpg

Screenshot-8-4.jpg
    They are so cute.
    Screenshot-87.jpg

Screenshot-2-4.jpg
    I was building Ariela's inventing skill and she caught on fire.
    Screenshot-11-3.jpg
    Nobody was hurt.
    Screenshot-12-3.jpg
    I figured since she was starting fires she might as well try and blow something up. :lol:
    Screenshot-15-3.jpg

Screenshot-16-3.jpg

Screenshot-17-3.jpg
    Sucess! Challenge 1 completed.
    Screenshot-18-2.jpg
    Look at all the cool things that were left at the junkyard.
    Screenshot-20-3.jpg
    I love this painting that River did.
    Screenshot-32-2.jpg
    Well that is all for now.
    Happy Simming!
    ]
    edited April 2012
    Jaxxx, How did Adrian not manage to get singed while blowing up the junkyard. All my sims get singed. lol
    Alec really has some unique colored eyes. I wonder if they will keep showing up down the genetic line or if he will be the only one.
    Amaris and Aslin are so cute. They look identical.

Brandy, LOL @ the naked pillow fighting. Was he trying to get her in the mood for woohooing. :wink:
    Sounds like Lazaro is happy he trapped her with a pregnacy. :lol:

I am really loving all of the updates.
    I don't think I will be getting anymore playtime in tonight but I should be able to play tomorrow.

Have a good night or day all!
    ]
    edited April 2012
    He did the first time I did it! for some reason those pictures didnt save but yeah 2nd time he didnt
    edited April 2012
    Jax, Great updates congrats with successfully completely challenge #1. I'm no where near it yet lol but I am hoping for success. The kids look so cuteee. I especially love the twins and the fact that they aren't identically. Usually my twins are no matter if it's boy girl or girl girl or boy boy, ehh. But Alec does have a unique set of eyes. Which parent has those eyes? Or they just sort of happened?

As for your comment on the pillow fight, definitely... 1 or 2 things could have came from it. Getting knocked below the belt and falling to the ground or some way some how round 2 of woohoo :lol:

Amada, I just love the home you guys are in. Did you add on to it? Or was it an two story starter? Also, congrats to you as well on the junkyard. I'm looking forward to this challenge simply because I've never done any of those challenges in any of my games. I've blown stuff up not the junkyard lol... Your family looks beautiful the children look so precious. Shocking to see everyone with twins I'm hoping for just one my family just can't afford two babies just yet.

Oh btw, thanks for the compliments on the skin. I have so many skins I really need to clean out my game. I'm really big on skins and hair but as for CC clothing not so much I have very little of it. I can't wait to see their babies either. Her blue eyes and his brown eyes both dominant wondering which one the baby will have?! Lastly, I have never seen the Sims pillow fight minus clothing that was a super shock to me. Not sure if it was a glitch or what but I had a really good time laughing at the sight. Of course I had to blur it out but it's even funnier with the bare bottom lol

Edit: Forget to mention I absolutely love that painting too... Wow!
    edited April 2012
    Wow I've missed a lot. Well, I won't be able to update untill Thursday/Friday because I am on vacation. And, well, I can't bring my simming computer with me xD.
    110zzsw.gif
    edited January 2015
    *UPDATE*

35mmz4y.png
    After getting the news of Amanda's possible pregnancy Larazo knew he needed to step up and get a job so that he can be a better provider for not only Amanda but for his possible future child. He joined the Science field.

6sq5nq.png
    Meanwhile, Amanda went out for a morning swim and planned to meet up with Lazaro afterwards at the theater when she suddenly discovered... She was PREGNANT!!! Surprisingly, she was very excited about the news being that she dislikes kids. She rubbed her tummy in delight and excitement.

[img][/img]
    Amanda was so excited about her pregnancy, as soon as she saw Larazo she blurted out "I'm Pregnant!!!"

[img][/img]
    He was more then excited.... :lol:

33omasw.png
    ...so excited he had to feel to be sure

2ly0wbc.png
    ...so excited he dropped on one knee and proposed!

1zceki1.jpg
    Amanda was so happy with her ring that she over looked his hug.

352lnw2.png
    But she accepted his proposal and made it up to him with a big kiss!
    Post edited by Simmindipity on
    edited April 2012
    SassyDana wrote:
    Wow I've missed a lot. Well, I won't be able to update untill Thursday/Friday because I am on vacation. And, well, I can't bring my simming computer with me xD.

Lol enjoy your vacation!!! I so desperately need one.
    edited April 2012
    Alec's eye color just came outta no where, no parent has it :]

*Birthdays Galore!

Adrian has finally became a full adult at least on the outside :] Why hello handsome!
    91.png"width=440"
    Addalee had her birthday just a few days after her dads
    93.png"width=440"
    I am so in love with her!! Addy as a teen!Her evil trait really makes her fun :twisted:
    94.png"width=440"
    Liked this picture.She was excited she could finally learn how to drive.
    95.png"width=440"
    She is definitely a daddys girl!
    96.png"width=440"

*more comming soon!
    edited April 2012
    Brandy, I am so glad that Amanda and Lazaro are happy about their new baby. I have a feeling they are going to be some cutie pies.

For the house I started off with a one story starter house. As the sims earned more money I would add on. It is so hard to not use the money cheat. :)
    Thank you for your comment on my sim babies. I think this generation all of the kids came out looking like on parent or the other.

Sassy, enjoy your vacation and have fun!!! :D

Jaxxx, Addy is so pretty. Wow! She turned out really nice!
    ]